Updated

2011 Bullring mod!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmohoffmann09

SRD Member
Reaction score
problems

I have to be blind, I click the link that says 2011 mod, and the page it takes me too is all still 2010, I'm so lost and feeling very stupid lol. Help?

edit: I got it now
hey buddy do you have any problems with loading the track i cant get to the track can you help me please

Swillis

SRD Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I'm disappointed that the templates aren't the same, but I actually don't mind that much. I love painting, it's just last week I spent probably 40-50 hours creating a master template for my paint schemes and rearranged and renamed and merged layers. That is virtually useless now, but I'm not going to complain. I think this template is overall easier, it will just be a bit of work to convert my schemes to this one.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I didn't download the mod itself yet, but I grabbed the templates and viewer files. I find it kinda funny that since BullRing took over the project one of the main reasons so many people supported it was because you could use the same templates with minimal alteration and now they go and change it up... haha

I don't know if the viewer files are the same as the ingame ones & the render ones but just looking at the viewer here are a few things I see that are at least in my opinion a "thumbs down".
Driver looks about the size of a 2 year old
Rims look a bit small
Fuel filler is just a 2d template layer instead of being modeled in
Spoiler braces are still just a shading layer
Body "Off-set/Twist/Skew" from the C-Pillar back isn't accurate to the real car (SS/BR mods have always had this problem)
Template seems a bit weirdly proportioned too, like it was squished horizontally.

But with all that said I'm still downloading and adding it to my rotation, as well as painting my cars for it just like I do for every other mod.

Mustang

#11DH #14CB #18KB #20CB #42KL #99CE
SRD Member
Reaction score
I just screamed of excitement in front of social studies teacher :)
lmao!

As everyone else i do agree that the templates arent the same, but i look forward to painting on them,

JasonRSC

Former SRD Crew Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Just taking a quick glance at these templates, I kinda like parts of them. It's definitely going to take some getting used to. They remind me a bit of the ARCA sim templates and the nose section is reminiscent of the iRacing Nationwide templates. At least we have a car viewer though, unlike iRacing.

One thing I don't like is the way the greenhouse area is cut off like that. I'm sure it was done to reduce warp areas on the paint jobs but... I dunno, I may just be overreacting here. Once I get home with all this stuff and am able to give these templates a whirl in my paint booth, I might feel more comfortable with these things.

I'm still super excited about this mod coming out as soon as it did. That means I can get started on filling up the Car Layers section of this site... hehehehehehe.

Jason Roush

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The templates are pretty nice. I was afraid at first when I painted Kyle Busch's #18 M&M's car for the mod but it wasnt bad. It took little bit to figure out the seams but then it was pretty easy ;)

Clutch

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Templates aren't as simple as they used to be, but they're also not impossible. Will take a good deal more lining up though.

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go with Roux mod on this on. Sorry ya'll.
That does it, we're screwed.

Seriously, though...I'm trying to wrap my head around the reason for all of these changes. I just keep thinking of the old line, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I was completely expecting the same templates with a slight change to the front end to account for the new front clip and maybe the lower rear quarter panels. People had really gotten the hang of the current templates and this totally throws that all out the window. I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but this is just a bit disappointing.

ongias25

SRD Member
Reaction score
After "soiling myself" I just took the day off...............time to race!!!!

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
James you can stop whining anytime now.

It your 3rd post saying the same thing.

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
It is there, but you just erase it from the Parts layer. It literally takes 3 clicks. One on the layer, one on the Eraser, one on the catch can hole...
That would be too easy.

Let's instead laugh and criticize.

Status
Not open for further replies.