Downloads
Updated

2011 Bullring mod!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalejrfanone

SRD Member
Reaction score
I knew this would happen people complaining about the template's, but it only took me about an hour to get the hang of it. Just give it a try and you will see that there is no need to over react.

Last edited:

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
It is there, but you just erase it from the Parts layer. It literally takes 3 clicks. One on the layer, one on the Eraser, one on the catch can hole...
I know I've deleted stuff from various layers of templates (most notably the tape, hate the tape layers) on just about every template I paint on.

speed24

SRD Member
Reaction score
Spec Guages

The Spec Guages that Bill1947 created for the Sprint Cup mod also work with the BR 2011 mod . Just put them in the BR 2011 main folder . The mod looks great on my laptop . Also will there be a 2048 car set for this mod ? Thanks in advance !!!!!

Clutch

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Download the templates on the BullRing home page, and then open whichever .psd file you like (all 4 makes are included in the download from the BullRing) in a program like GIMP or Photoshop. GIMP is free, so I'd recommend that unless you manage to find a dirt cheap copy of PS like I did.

IAmLambert

SRD Member
Reaction score
Well I'll say this being the perfectionist that I am. I appreciate what Bullring has done, b/c they have done some incrediable work in the past, but this time they hit the ground hard in the groin and have majorly failed. One, the models look all wrong with the exception of the Impala. The Toyota front end looks extremely massive and way ugly, the Ford is all squinced up in the front where in truth, that front decal is really big, and as for the Dodge, I can't put my finger on it, but something just looks wrong, I just don't know what it is. As for the template, why they went and changed everything up is beyond me. I don't know if they added more body flair to the cars, but it's pretty ridicolus. The warp factor on this templates is unbelievable in parts, expecially in the front end of where the headlights are. All in all, Bullring took a good swing at, but struck out on a curve ball. Compairing Bullring to DMR, is like day and night. I'm still going to paint for bullring and what not, but I'm going to be much happier dealing with DMR this go around.

Lambert

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The stretching and blurring is a bit over the top. I did a UV unwrap to check the lines and it's sloppy. I ALMOST (if I wasn't lazy), would do another unwrap and make a new template. But then that wouldn't fix the blurries. I don't know, I just think this coulda been a hit and the parts that really mattered, weren't achieved.

Jason Roush

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hey Max....why dont you just go ahead and find yourself back over at DMR. I know why you are here and posting....so high tail your ass right back where it belongs.

Lambert as far as I am concerned.....you said you couldnt help out with painting because of your computer being down and blah blah blah.....but miracously you re-emerge after the painting is done and the mod is released...so again, as far as I am concerned if you want to paint for DMR....follow Max, his ass can lead you the way there.

Max72

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
thank you. but I think my comment isnt to bad. its only my opinion
but well I think you guys deleted my acount in Bullring forums now, thank you again

Last edited:

IAmLambert

SRD Member
Reaction score
My computer is down, I've been using my little sister's computer and my PS3 to keep up with everything. Just b/c my computer is down, doesn't mean I'm out. And I'm speaking out from what I've seen and what I've dealt with before hand. I'm not following anyone, so please don't snap on me for my opinion. It's really killing me that I can't paint right now, and if I could I would be doing just that. And right now, I really want to be editing these template to help make them look better. All I've said is my opinion, that doesn't mean I'm not going to help out, that's just not me.

Jason Roush

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Its not going to get bad as long as the bashing stops and the comparisons. If it is constructive criticism, that is one thing....what some are trying to accomplish is another.

I know why certain "members" who haven't posted in awhile here (that have been at DMR alot here recently), are doing now posting convientently when the mod was just released. And his ass isn't fooling anyone.

Don't worry Max, you can spin it however you want to about your comment...its like I said I know the true reason you posted today...and its the last.

Last edited:

PepsiRacer4

The One and Only
SRD Member
Reaction score
Are you saying I'm at DMR alot or you just using my post as an example? I really don't like seeing this fighting over a wonder sim.

Jason Roush

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
My comments were not directed at you PepsiRacer4. Again I go back to this simple statement....

Constructive Criticism is always good and is welcomed. Trolling for other sites is not welcomed.

And this is something that always happens when there is new templates....

People complain about every template that has came along. Every template that has came along....the only time they do not complain about a particular template is when a new one comes out and they leave the old one alone and say how easy it was to paint on it and how hard it is to paint on the new one.

Just paint, get use to it.

Last edited:

Bwallace83

Winning.
SRD Member
Reaction score
The templates aren't all that bad except for the warp on the front end. Believe me, i painted some pretty tough cars for the set and you get the hang of it quickly.

And anyone else unable to find the 2011 link? i still only see the ones for 2010. lol

IAmLambert

SRD Member
Reaction score
I know why certain "members" who haven't posted in awhile here (that have been at DMR alot here recently), are doing now posting convientently when the mod was just released. And his ass isn't fooling anyone.
If you think that I've been lieing all this time then you've got me all wrong. If my computer wasn't down you would see all kinds of paints, for the SRD set and for personal use. I paint all the time, and love to do it. But if you can't take a second and just talk to someone before you take them off the squad, then it's your loss. I was really looking forward to being apart a great team here at SRD, but I guess that's done. So I guess I'll go back to IAL Designs. I wish you all the best at what y'all do, and just wish that I could be apart of it.

Lambert

lonewolf28

Lurker
Reaction score
For you guys having trouble seeing the 2011 download try clearing your temp internet files. Then reload the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.