Downloads
Updated

2011 Bullring mod!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmLambert

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't say I hate the mod, but just looking at stuff for improvements. Like I said, Bullring took a pretty good shot at it. They did a pretty good job for the first go around. I know all of it us where not please when we saw the templates, but all in all it's not to bad. I know a lot of people, including myself, didn't think we'd see this big of a change to templates, but we will all get used to them. It's just a matter of time and a little work to how to paint and change some things here and there to make them look better. I guess I just look at they way I do with my own paints and templates. When someone says something about my paints and templates, good or bad, I look at them the same way. You've got to be able to take it all to run anything, painting site, racing league, ect. Your always going to have the people that bash, rant, and rave about your work. It's how you take those comments and how you put them to use. The thing is, is just not to get offended.

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
And like I said I will reserve judgement until I actually paint on it. My concern is for template builders who have dedicated a ton of time developing these custom templates. I'd be interested to hear Lurn2Burn's take on this since he has about 10x more templates than I do. So my main beef is just that this new template effectively makes obsolete a ton of work that's been done once folks now start switching to the new mod.

mgcastro

Former SRD Staff
SRD Member
Reaction score
From my perspective as painter, at first glance the templates were not easy to digest, not gonna lie to you, but heck, it feels more gratifying painting on them than anything before. It takes more time to put things together (Biffle's base took me 5+ hours), hence putting more effort and inevitably pushing your ability and creativity. I like that to be honest.

Thanks to the Bullring crew for their dedication, (they don't have to do anything of this, yet they choose to), thanks for a great day for this community.

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
I've never used their car viewer, so could someone please tell me how it works?

Finishline

SRD Member
Reaction score
I think the templates aren't bad at all, the gameplay is great, graphics are great, not much more to ask for

wslates

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yes,I pesonally love these templates. They are far easier to paint on than some of you guys are depicting them to be. Like mgcastro, I was sketchy on the templates at first, but after paint 4 or 5 cars on these, they are quite fun to paint on. I will definetly be downloading this at home.

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
can someone please tell me how their car viewers work, i've never used theirs before

Jason Roush

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The carviewer is the same as before... where are you finding problems at?

undedavenger

SRD Member
Reaction score
After anticipating this for so long, I find myself wanting to wait until the "other team" comes out with theirs. While they've already stated they are trying to make their templates easier, Bullring has gone in the opposite direction. Plus, the BR mod seems to have some rather sharper angles around the front end where it should be smooth. I know this is probably to help frame rates, so no real complaints, it still looks good. I've just recently acquired a new quad core with gigs and gigs of memory, so I can handle more polys. I'll tinker with the BR templates, maybe they'll grow on me.

My only concern is that if the other Cup mod is easier to paint, and they reduce the framerate issues as they've promised, more people may go to that mod. And let's face it, the most successful mod will always be the one that more people use.

Good job to the BR guys, I'm not trying to be too critical, hopefully if there's too much unhappiness with painting, they'll redo the templates and models to make them easier.

Just my 2 cents, take it as you will.

wslates

SRD Member
Reaction score
For carview, you must save the files as the following:

Dodge_Charger_2011.bmp
Chevy_Impala_2011.bmp
Ford_Fusion_2011.bmp
Toyota_Camry_2011.bmp

DB2403

RIP, Dan Wheldon. 1978-2011
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is what is crashing the site?

JasonRSC

Former SRD Crew Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is what is crashing the site?

Heh, probably. Might need to find the server that this site is on and stick a little window unit air conditioner in front of it. :p

DB2403

RIP, Dan Wheldon. 1978-2011
SRD Member
Reaction score
Heh, probably. Might need to find the server that this site is on and stick a little window unit air conditioner in front of it. :p

Yeah last time this happened was when Marcos got black flagged at Sonoma last year. :lol:

Mike24

Retired
SRD Member
Reaction score
Great to see this released!

When I first opened the templates, I audibly asked myself, "WTF?"

They are...different...but different isn't necessarily bad. It just takes some getting used to.

After working on converting a few of my 2011 cars that I had already done for the old temps to this new temp, I have to say I'm feeling more comfortable with these new templates...the splits, lining things up, the wireframe...etc.

I'm still getting used to them, but as with any painter, eventually they will become the norm, and easy to paint on.

Its just like the WTF? period for the old BR temps during the transition from the original Cup mod.

ScottHuhn88

SRD Member
Reaction score
The carviewer file is saved as card bmp format for each make! As far as the template goes it's not to difficult once you get over the fact thats it's different than the previous one. I love the mod and already painted 18 bases for it, without guys like the BullRing crew you would still be playing the original cup mod so stop your whining and be thankful! :arghh:

John Gamboa

The Mr. Sparkle of NR2003.
Reaction score
I'm gonna try out the mod a bit later,but I'm trying out the templates right now and while the window section is somewhat different than how I'm used to painting on overall the templates actually work better in lining up and proportion. However, I can't say anything about the hood area since I haven't started a paint scheme involving that area. Putting the logos on there to look right will probably take a bit of trial and error for the rear in terms of proportion-wise.
Overall,the templates aren't that much different than before and it might be a lot easier for me to paint on after a couple more tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.