1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2012 STP 400 Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by Ryan597, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan597

Ryan597 Well-Known Member

Discuss this weekend's races here. :)

Hopefully more exciting than Texas.

2. Mo Neenja31

Mo Neenja31 Rocketman Banned

Eh Kansas... I remeber when that place was a reck fest in the early '00s... Back when Newman almost won in 2001 while driving for experience and in '02 in his rookie year.

3. Sgt Slaughter

Sgt Slaughter Well-Known Member

After the fails at California and Texas... I'm just waiting for Talladega at this point.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cheeze

Cheeze AC/DC Junkie

Am I the only only one who actually WANTS more long, 100+ lap green flag runs?

5. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Probably, although last week was kind of bittersweet being a Gordon fan, I really liked the long green lag runs but I really wanted a caution just to see what he had for the leaders.

This week's race will probably come down to MPG's

6. wslates

wslates 1

He probably would've won. He was consistently 3 to 5 tenths faster than the leaders all night, but kept getting pushed back after every pit stop...his crew was absolutely horrendous. They never got below a 14 second stop.

7. RP Motorsports

RP Motorsports Well-Known Member

Nope. I'm with you. But we seem to be few and far in between around here.

I was hoping that the usual "long green runs are boring" discussion from last weeks thread wouldnt carry over into this one.

8. dalejrgamer

dalejrgamer $9.99/mo

Nope, you're not the only one. Ends the suffering faster instead of prolonging it, you know.

On the flip side, it could be 400 miles of exciting racing with strategy and hard racing combined...who knows? I just want to see a NASCAR race go caution-free. Been a long time since that happened, eh?

9. brt3

brt3 Well-Known Member

I don't mind the 100 lap green flag runs, but the racing sucks this year. I don't think it would matter if we had 200 green flag laps or a yellow flag every 10 laps. I don't know what is going on with these drivers. I use to not like Ryan Newman but he seems to be the only one that gets it. This is RACING! No one has an entitled path no matter what position you are in. But 5-time seems to think that everyone should get out of the way of him. It would be nice for cars a lap down to move over, but they have every right to the track that the leader does.

The drivers are whining, they don't even get close to each other on the track, and if someone does they make a federal case out of it. There is no drama going on and that's what gets eyeballs on the sport. Guys riding around for 200-300 laps isn't even racing. For the first time in a long time I find myself surfing the net on my iPhone or going through the guide to see what else is on during the race. I have enjoyed the Indy races more than the NASCAR races and I haven't watched Indy cars in 10 years.

The history of Kansas doesn't give me any hope for this weekend either.

10. dalejrgamer

dalejrgamer $9.99/mo

Maybe the solution is to change the cars so that it's actually racy at even the worst tracks on the schedule.

It's working in IndyCar so far, why not here?

11. Phantomguy24

Phantomguy24 TyV2

I'd say there are a lot of people who want green flag runs, me being one of them. The thing is, you have to have some intention to enjoy long green flag runs. I've found that just by pulling up live leaderboard, the green flag races have as much action as wreckfests. I loved watching Gordon march to the front last week. That said, there are plenty of people who don't want to make the effort to invest themselves in the race, and they just label it as boring.

12. Relly

Relly Well-Known Member

I'm all for more long green flag runs as long as there is some good side by side racing, not just cars strung out like there was at Texas.

I can do w/o the cautions because 9/10 it seems like it's one of my drivers being involved in the caution.

13. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Listening to the race on the radio also helps make it sound more exciting.

And for the people that are concerned about having long green runs, here are some drivers trying to get into the race:

Sam Hornish Jr.
    Tim Andrews

I know that Sam has improved in Nationwide but will he be better then what he was in Cup?
    And what about if Tim makes it into the race.......

14. Dr. Kstar

Dr. Kstar :^) Banned

I like green flag runs when they actually pass. Texas was decent because there was passing somewhere on track for the whole race. Auto Club was a whole different story. That track needs to have a earthquake destroy it or something.

15. Pabig

Pabig Well-Known Member

16. Cheeze

Cheeze AC/DC Junkie

Prolly be in a single car crash/scrape similar to Bayne's last weekend.

In the garage by lap 5.

17. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

Tim George Jr. wins the pole for the Truck race today. Jason Leffler starts second.

18. DannyM

DannyM Well-Known Member

The race will be all about track position.....Get out front and your gone....Follow the leader.The races are not any good,but I still watchem!!

19. Cheeze

Cheeze AC/DC Junkie

Dinger wins the Cup Pole! :D

20. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

@$^%&$^* I had AJ for the pole in my pick. :(((

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.