Latest resources

NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene MattyO
NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene for Max8 and above.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Car Viewer Files MattyO
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Templates 2048 x 2048 MattyO
2048 x 2048 Templates in PSD format.
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
32 Corey LaJoie 2020 Schluter Systems Ford Mustang JNieder51188
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2020 NXS17 Xfinity batch 3 canadienhits
24 Xfinity cars from the 2020 season.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

2016 Cheez-It 355 at the Glen Race Weekend Discussion

ShadowKnight508

Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series
Staff member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The #40 Dodge Challenger and the #25 Chevy Camaro crashed into each other on pit road during qualifying for the 2016 Zippo 200 at the Glen just a bit ago. Here is the aftermath:

CRASH.jpg

ShadowKnight508

Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series
Staff member
SRD Member
Reaction score
2016 Zippo 200 at the Glen Starting Lineup (Credit to Jayski):
NXS QUAL.png

AMLNet49

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well Erik Jones to FRR was supposed to be announced yesterday and was not. I wonder if there was a hangup or if the report was simply not true.

The story was originally on Sporting News and has since been pulled from the site so that would indicate bad info. Embarrassing for them and their reporter if that's the case.
Sporting News goofed baaaaaad because there was never supposed to be an announcement, lol.
Well this turned out to be true, just that Sporting News jumped the gun by 3 days.

I don't think Jones is ready for Cup but he'll grow into it. He's talented and he'll have great equipment. I am surprised they went with #77 instead of #87 given that FRR has run #87 in the past, but 5 Hour Energy might have wanted #77 since they have sponsored the #77 in the past.

Either way, I wonder about Bowyer's sponsorship. I honestly thought one of the big reasons he got the SHR ride was because he was bringing sponsorship (part of me thought he would run that exact same MWR scheme and SHR would change the #14 to #15), and while he still could bring Visine, Aaron's and Peak, he won't be bringing his biggest sponsor. So that makes me wonder which of Stewart's sponsors will stay and what new sponsors they will get.

Last edited:

Matthew124

Premier Senior Member
Banned
Reaction score
Well this turned out to be true, just that Sporting News jumped the gun by 3 days. Their info was obviously good though.

I don't think Jones is ready for Cup but he'll grow into it. He's talented and he'll have great equipment. I am surprised they went with #77 instead of #87 given that FRR has run #87 in the past, but 5 Hour Energy might have wanted #77 since they have sponsored the #77 in the past.

Either way, I wonder about Bowyer's sponsorship. I honestly thought one of the big reasons he got the SHR ride was because he was bringing sponsorship (part of me thought he would run that exact same MWR scheme and SHR would change the #14 to #15), and while he still could bring Visine, Aaron's and Peak, he won't be bringing his biggest sponsor. So that makes me wonder which of Stewart's sponsors will stay and what new sponsors they will get.
Them "goofing" was in reference to a press conference last Tuesday. That was never planned. I think everyone (in the media) knew Jones to FRR was basically confirmed but saying "oh, there's going to be a press conference Tuesday" and then there not being one was pretty bad on them.

AMLNet49

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Them "goofing" was in reference to a press conference last Tuesday. That was never planned. I think everyone (in the media) knew Jones to FRR was basically confirmed but saying "oh, there's going to be a press conference Tuesday" and then there not being one was pretty bad on them.
Oh I know journalistically its bad, but look at the follow up to the comment, everyone laughed it off as "oh Jones isn't going to Cup" so I was more speaking to that. Gonna change the wording of the beginning of that post though.

jacobc62

The OG NASCAR Tiger.
Banned
Reaction score
Well, assuming Bass Pro Shops doesn't cut it's SHR sponsorship, they'll continue to be on the #14. However, with BPS expanding their sponsorship with FRR, and the fact that they have the Dillon Bros., not to mention I do believe they have McMurray on their payroll still for a race or two, I think they may be leaving SHR since Tony is retiring.

As for Mobil 1, Rush Truck Centers, and Code 3 Associates? I think they'll still be on the #14 car, along with the sponsors Clint brings.

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
As @jacobc62 said, I'm sure he'll bring his sponsors plus Mobil1 (SHR sponsor) and maybe even RTC and C3.

crazyboy335

#50in07
Banned
Reaction score
I say Georgia Boot and Visine split the majority (12 races each) and Code 3 / Rush Truck / Haas fills in the rest.

zaw24fan

SRD National Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hoping Trevor Bayne can run well tomorrow. He's lost a lot of ground in the Chase battle. Hopefully a great run tomorrow will translate nicely into Sunday.

zaw24fan

SRD National Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
Martin Truex Jr. must believe he was the only one to run into slower traffic during his qualifying lap. God, shut up with the whining.

SUPEREEVEEMASTER

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Last year A.J. Allmendinger swept the poles at both road course and this year Carl Edwards does the same. Michael McDowell ties his best non-restrictor plate start with an 11th which happened to come at this track in 2012.

watsonz

#4TheCup
SRD Member
Reaction score
Nice job No. 14! P3. Where was this Smoke the last 2 years? :p

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
Wow...amazing save by Keselowski there. Chastain made a great one too.

sadlerfan21

SRD Member
Reaction score
Watched 15 seconds of Cup drivers dominating an Xfinity race. I threw the TV out the window.

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
Kyle Busch's splitter is falling off, probably because of the higher curbs. I thought it looked weird when they showed it earlier, but wouldn't expect it to be broken.

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
The 70 has a clear path and just stops. LOL. What.
Yeah that was pretty pathetic to watch. At least he didn't plow right through like they probably would have in ARCA.

I saw that wreck on the helicopter cam, but it took them a little while to actually see it.