1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2016 Cheez-It 355 at the Glen Race Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ShadowKnight508, Aug 1, 2016.

1. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

The #40 Dodge Challenger and the #25 Chevy Camaro crashed into each other on pit road during qualifying for the 2016 Zippo 200 at the Glen just a bit ago. Here is the aftermath:

CRASH.jpg

2. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

2016 Zippo 200 at the Glen Starting Lineup (Credit to Jayski):
    NXS QUAL.png

3. AMLNet49

AMLNet49 Well-Known Member

Well this turned out to be true, just that Sporting News jumped the gun by 3 days.

I don't think Jones is ready for Cup but he'll grow into it. He's talented and he'll have great equipment. I am surprised they went with #77 instead of #87 given that FRR has run #87 in the past, but 5 Hour Energy might have wanted #77 since they have sponsored the #77 in the past.

Either way, I wonder about Bowyer's sponsorship. I honestly thought one of the big reasons he got the SHR ride was because he was bringing sponsorship (part of me thought he would run that exact same MWR scheme and SHR would change the #14 to #15), and while he still could bring Visine, Aaron's and Peak, he won't be bringing his biggest sponsor. So that makes me wonder which of Stewart's sponsors will stay and what new sponsors they will get.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  4. Matthew124

Matthew124 Well-Known Member Banned

Them "goofing" was in reference to a press conference last Tuesday. That was never planned. I think everyone (in the media) knew Jones to FRR was basically confirmed but saying "oh, there's going to be a press conference Tuesday" and then there not being one was pretty bad on them.

5. AMLNet49

AMLNet49 Well-Known Member

Oh I know journalistically its bad, but look at the follow up to the comment, everyone laughed it off as "oh Jones isn't going to Cup" so I was more speaking to that. Gonna change the wording of the beginning of that post though.

6. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Well, assuming Bass Pro Shops doesn't cut it's SHR sponsorship, they'll continue to be on the #14. However, with BPS expanding their sponsorship with FRR, and the fact that they have the Dillon Bros., not to mention I do believe they have McMurray on their payroll still for a race or two, I think they may be leaving SHR since Tony is retiring.

As for Mobil 1, Rush Truck Centers, and Code 3 Associates? I think they'll still be on the #14 car, along with the sponsors Clint brings.

7. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

As @jacobc62 said, I'm sure he'll bring his sponsors plus Mobil1 (SHR sponsor) and maybe even RTC and C3.

8. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

I doubt Peak will come with him, since that might conflict with Mobil 1

AMLNet49 and TColeman12 like this.
  9. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07

I say Georgia Boot and Visine split the majority (12 races each) and Code 3 / Rush Truck / Haas fills in the rest.

10. zaw24fan

zaw24fan SRD National Series Director Paint Crew

Hoping Trevor Bayne can run well tomorrow. He's lost a lot of ground in the Chase battle. Hopefully a great run tomorrow will translate nicely into Sunday.

dalejr88rox and KahneRacing945 like this.
  11. zaw24fan

zaw24fan SRD National Series Director Paint Crew

Martin Truex Jr. must believe he was the only one to run into slower traffic during his qualifying lap. God, shut up with the whining.

Shockey Rai and TColeman12 like this.
  12. SUPEREEVEEMASTER

SUPEREEVEEMASTER Well-Known Member

Last year A.J. Allmendinger swept the poles at both road course and this year Carl Edwards does the same. Michael McDowell ties his best non-restrictor plate start with an 11th which happened to come at this track in 2012.

13. watsonz

watsonz #4TheCup

Nice job No. 14! P3. Where was this Smoke the last 2 years? :p

14. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

Wow...amazing save by Keselowski there. Chastain made a great one too.

15. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Well-Known Member

Watched 15 seconds of Cup drivers dominating an Xfinity race. I threw the TV out the window.

16. Matthew124

Hitting the curbs broke the big ass splitter on the 18. Of course.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  17. burtonbraves

Kyle Busch's splitter is falling off, probably because of the higher curbs. I thought it looked weird when they showed it earlier, but wouldn't expect it to be broken.

18. Matthew124

The 70 has a clear path and just stops. LOL. What.

labontefanboy likes this.
  19. burtonbraves

Yeah that was pretty pathetic to watch. At least he didn't plow right through like they probably would have in ARCA.

I saw that wreck on the helicopter cam, but it took them a little while to actually see it.

20. CJL5

CJL5 Owner of EcoBoost Racing

Kyle Busch crashed!