1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2016 Toyota/Save Mart 350(k) at Sonoma Raceway Race Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ShadowKnight508, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Matthew124

Matthew124 Well-Known Member Banned

LOL, calling Toyota fans "whiners" when 90% of this season has been spent with people whining about Toyota's dominance is rich.

frow78 likes this.
  2. watsonz

watsonz #4TheCup

I really don't care what happens this season anymore. 10/10

Tetronix likes this.
  3. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

People are shitting on Tony winning? What the flying fuck is wrong with you people?!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    Smoke14TS, MrDude68, Spike and 18 others like this.
  4. Oceanic

Oceanic Garden of Light

This is how you justify your complaining?

I mean, we just witnessed one of the most exciting (and historical) moments in recent NASCAR history and y'all are throwing little fits. Even Denny isn't this upset about losing.

Suck it up, congratulate the dude who held off two extremely fast cars for over fifteen laps straight, and move on. It's called class.

5. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

I haven't been paying attention enough to know if people are complaining about Toyota's dominance, so I'll just say this - I don't understand you or your buddy frow78's accusations because they aren't rooted in fact, and I don't understand how they aren't rooted in fact because we can go look at a replay and see that A. Denny Hamlin wheel-hopped into the final turn and B. Truex wasn't racing Stewart "hard" because any harder than he would have raced would have been wrecking him.

Look, I don't want to be a dick, but when somebody is wrong and or complaining for the sake of complaining, I have trouble being quiet about it.

6. Oceanic

Oceanic Garden of Light

I'd also like to mention - if Hamlin and Truex were "too scared" to get physical with Stewart (and I don't believe for one second that this is the case), whose fault is that? It's their problem for not being more aggressive and going for the win. Blame your Toyota boys, not Tony Stewart.

Spike and starscream24 like this.
  7. DannyM

DannyM Well-Known Member

Denny just got way too scared. Sucks that Tony won, cuz you always hate to see a guy as ill-tempered as him be successful, but ya can't place blame on anyone but Denny. Nothing staged, just Denny getting scared and choking.

8. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

Especially when Gibbs fanboys get involved.

Spike and Tetronix like this.
  9. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

Hell, I'm very happy to see Tony get this win don't get it twisted.

But the fact is professional race car drivers, especially Daytona 500 champions, do not randomly make the worst turn ever on the final lap unless the huge fan favorite is right behind them. Coupled with NASCAR's debris caution that propelled Stewart from the back of the pack to first and with fresh tires; on a piece of debris that had been on the track for awhile, is suspect. That's all I'm saying.

USSTalladega likes this.
  10. IceManTG24

IceManTG24 Well-Known Member

He's ill-tempered yes, but he's also a very generous individual with a big heart. Happy to see him win after what he's been through the last three years. #SmokeHasRisen

11. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

I don't know what the hell they're saying but the French commentators reactions are awesome.

Reza Maulana, nascarfan9 and Tetronix like this.
  12. HoldOutSun

HoldOutSun Well-Known Member Banned

All you motherfuckers right now:

[​IMG]

13. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Wheel-hop. Not something Denny did, something the car did.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  14. IceManTG24

IceManTG24 Well-Known Member

Fun Fact:The last time Tony Stewart won on a road course was at Watkins Glen in 2007 due to him being in second and the driver leading had a wheel hop. The driver? Jeff Gordon.

15. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

This gif instantly makes everything better.

16. Matthew124

Matthew124 Well-Known Member Banned

Which is what I have been saying this entire damn time. Y'all are throwing me into something that I am not even talking about. I'm pissed at Truex for not racing harder considering how many wins he's had slip away this season. A little more aggression at some moments could have gotten him another victory. Excuse me for having that opinion.

17. HoldOutSun

HoldOutSun Well-Known Member Banned

I know a lot of ya'll think I suck because I'm a wiseass that says fuck too much but I think I deserve a Hall Of Fame nomination for making this gif, personally.

18. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

indeed

19. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

False.

20. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

I think we all just have trust issues with sports nowadays. We're all told sports don't need fans because they have enough sponsorship. We know that the sponsors want to be viewed. So we start thinking, could this possibly have been done so people start paying some attention and see those ads? We've all seen it in just the past year.....

Villanova
    Denver Broncos/ Peyton Manning
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Kyle Busch

Why do I list these? We love an underdog, we love a good comeback, we love someone who hasn't won in a long time, and we love seeing people go out on top. It just makes people think "Maybe they won because the league wanted them to."

I'm not saying any of those, or Tony's win, were rigged in favor of viewership. What I'm saying is, people just start thinking. It's natural. To go all out and say 100% "It was rigged!", that's where it starts to get out of hand.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    frow78 likes this.