1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2017 Stock Car Brazil Car Set (NR2003 - stockv8 mod)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Tnadz, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Tnadz

Tnadz Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure where else to post this so please redirect me if this is inappropriate.

After a week of some intense work, I've finally completed the 2017 carset for the Brazilian Stock Car series. Not many people know about this series but the guys who race it are pretty insane. Any fan of VASC (Australian "V8" Supercars) or BTCC/ETCC/WTCC would get a kick out of these races. There are a few familiar faces in the series too like Max Wilson and Rubens Barrichello (and others who run in some GT, open wheel and endurance series).

DOWNLOADS
    2017 SKIN PACK v1.2 - Compressed
    Stock Car Brasil mod by Team Supernova

NR2003 2017-08-11 15-19-29-79.jpg
    NR2003 2017-08-11 15-21-52-94.jpg
    I'll include the Read Me notes but basically, it has all 31 drivers from the first 5 races of 2017. Ratings aren't 100% because there isn't much data available but the drivers tend to run fairly close to realistic from what I've tested. I used the old Chevy Astra template so the paint schemes are approximations (current model is the Cruz). And, yeah, they kind of drive like in that first screenshot.
    Here's Velo Park this year:

Here's the Read Me:
    2017 SEASON SKIN PACK v1.0 by Tnadz
    - for the Brazilian Stock Car mod (stockv8) by Team Supernova
    - original mod can be downloaded through http://nr2k3.weebly.com/mods.html -

NOTES ABOUT THIS SKIN PACK:
    - This pack includes 31 drivers from the 2017 season. Because I only have information from the first five races, I do not have any of the updated/alternate paint schemes.

- I used the original Chevy Astra model as the template to work from. Therefore, there are geometry and feature differences I've had to work around with the liveries. I've used creative license to recreate the feel in as close apporximation as possible with these schemes (in particular with the sponsors that would normally be over the front grille). Also, some logos or artistic features will be out of proportion or position somewhat. Sorry.

- Because of the limited availability of imagery, I may have had to sub in certain sponsors or contingencies. These may be between 2016-17 or multiple races. I do apologize if they are not exact.

- Driver Ratings are customized and based on limited racing data provided from the 2016 and 2017 (first 5 races) seasons. Therefore, performance may be highly varied. I have tested several tracks and racing conditions to ensure that racing performances are as close to realistic on a race-by-race setting. More races in the current season could necessitate changes in these stats.

- This pack is not bundled with the mod Stock Car Brazil originailly created by Team Supernova. You must install that on your system first in order to use these skins.

- You may redistribute or use this work in other works with permission or by crediting the original author. This skin pack is offered AS IS and I take no responsibility for any damages suffered by misuse of any of its contents. Always free for personal use.

INSTALLATION:
    Unpack the zip file and copy the contents to your mod location (Ex: C:\Papyrus\series\stockv8\cars). All of these cars are unique so if you are prompted to overwrite any files, check to make sure there aren't any by the same name. If you are updating this skin pack, you may have to overwrite (or otherwise backup) the previous versions of the cars.

Credits
    Team Supernova for the original mod
    Ross Smith for paints

Please PM me on Sim Racing Design boards (simracingdesign.com Name: Tnadz) for comments, suggestions, bugs.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    ChevyMan150, Dom, thefaeway and 7 others like this.
  2. NascarGuy42

NascarGuy42 Well-Known Member

NO WAY! This is the carset of the year!!! I use the default carset for this mod daily! You sir got my seal of approval!

Tnadz likes this.
  3. Tnadz

Tnadz Well-Known Member

Many thanks. And if you see any oddities, particularly with the performances of the drivers, let me know. I didn't do as extensive a test as I'd like with them nor did I have much data to go on to calculate the ratings. Much of it was done car-by-car. Most likely, they are a touch on the aggressive side. But that's pretty much how they run in real life so I didn't turn that down too much.

4. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

Very nice surprise thank you very much!

Tnadz likes this.
  5. morse5813

morse5813 Active Member

Excellent job on this set. Thanks

Tnadz likes this.
  6. thefaeway

thefaeway Well-Known Member

Thank you !! I've been watching this on and off when I have time, and I love how aggressive the drivers can be! I can't wait to get this in game! :)

Tnadz likes this.
  7. Tnadz

Tnadz Well-Known Member

InsideLine likes this.
  8. Tnadz

Tnadz Well-Known Member

I've updated the car pack to include a new Diego Nunes. I accidentally spelled his name wrong on the car. Link is updated in OP.

thefaeway, NascarGuy42 and InsideLine like this.