1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2018 Formula One Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Auto Racing Discussion' started by PepsiRacer4, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Onboard cameras are useless now with this thing.
    IMG_20180323_070600.jpg

2. lays

lays Well-Known Member

That's seriously sad. Good job FIA. You didn't rush this through at all.

Did y'all see that they didn't even think of the start lights until getting to Australia? They had to add extra lights so all the drivers could see them.

3. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai EJ Strypes, NASCAR Furry.

Lol, they didn’t bother to move the cameras.

I will never understand why they went with the Halo & not the Windshield.

4. Chevellion

Chevellion SRD Cup League Director

Especially when it wouldn't have prevented debris-related incidents like the one experienced by Massa in '09.

PPG is doing a great job refining the windscreen for IndyCar. I don't see why one driver complaining that it "made him dizzy" was enough justification to toss the idea completely.

5. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

What are your opinions on ESPN's F1 "coverage" so far? They're doing the bare minimum, but I think it's been just fine.

6. FloridaFan88

Lewis Hamilton wins pole position with a 1:21.164, nearly 0.7s faster than 2nd place Kimi Raikkonen. He also set a new track record that is over 1 second faster than last year.

7. oddball

oddball Well-Known Member

The fact that I turned it on at 7:00 PST when the schedule said it'd be on and it wasn't on until an hour later and there was no information about why, was annoying. It's ESPN, if it's not the NBA, NFL, or their stupid argument shows, they don't care. As far as Sky Sports Broadcast, I was not impressed so far. It sounds like a bunch of teenage girls just blabbering about who they like. I hope their race broadcast is better. I do like the fact that they are there and that they were able to talk to one of the team members, but overall, it's just a bunch of babbling.

8. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

If anyone needs a stream for the race, hit me up with a PM before 11PM PST (2AM EST). I can provide one for the F1 race.

9. FloridaFan88

Yeah these ads are really messing this up for me. No warning, just boom, commercial.

Tetronix likes this.
  10. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Can't say I'm very impressed with ESPN's broadcast. You can't really say coverage since they didn't do anything other than lazily splice commercials into somebody else's good broadcast

Tetronix likes this.
  11. lays

lays Well-Known Member

With the rumors going around that the new engine regulations for 2021 will be announced soon, what do you guys want/think we will see for an engine? I'm personally hoping for a high revving twin-turbo V6. It'll probably be the same single turbo engine but with a more powerful/simple kers, that revs at about 13,000.

12. lays

lays Well-Known Member

Liberty's vague vision for 2021..

Power units (PU)
    • The PU must be cheaper, simpler, louder, have more power and reduce the necessity of grid penalties.
    • It must remain road relevant, hybrid and allow manufacturers to build unique and original PU.
    • New PU rules must be attractive for new entrants and Customer teams must have access to equivalent performance.

Costs
    • Liberty believes how you spend the money must be more decisive and important than how much money you spend.
    • While there will be some standardised elements, car differentiation must remain a core value.
    • Implement a cost cap that maintains Formula 1 position as the pinnacle of motorsport with a state-of-the-art technology.

Revenues
    • The new revenue distribution criteria must be more balanced, based on meritocracy of the current performance and reward success for the teams and the Commercial Rights Holder.
    • F1s unique, historical franchise and value must and will still be recognised.
    • Revenue support to both cars and engine suppliers.

Sporting and technical rules & regulations
    • It wants to make cars more raceable to increase overtaking opportunities.
    • Engineering technology must remain a cornerstone but driver's skill must be the predominant factor in the performance of the car.
    • The cars must and will remain different from each other and maintain performance differentiators like aerodynamics, suspensions and PU performance. However, we believe areas not relevant to fans need to be standardized.

dalejr88rox likes this.
  13. lays

lays Well-Known Member

14. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Well-Known Member

It's all well and good to continue to point out problems and needed fixes that have been talked about for decades, but there is no real plan to address these issues. Liberty always seem to talk like they are making progress and nothing has changed. They have been pushing for these sensationalist changes. We got to make the cars faster because the F2 cars are quicker at some points than the F1 cars and as a result, passing has become impossible. Push for the half-assed designed halo because of one freak accident that even it wouldn't have solved. Get rid of grid girls because women have been exploited in industries not even closely related to racing. Now they have agitated 3 of their engine suppliers all in this fruitless bid to get a big maybe from a car company that has not even turned a profit in a decade. I want Liberty to actually address problems rather than talk about how great things would be if they were solved. I took Bernie for granted.

15. FloridaFan88

Oh Verstappen.... That move was not on.

16. sadlerfan21

But its all fine because he drives for a team that doesn't win every week and he's young and allowed to be reckless. /s

17. dalejr88rox

Damn Verstappen. That wasn't smart. That said, I say that's Karma for Ferrari. They have a world champion that they use as a road block, so that's what you get.

On a positive note, that was a great race and an amazing drive by Ricciardo

Tetronix and BrendonH12 like this.
  18. sadlerfan21

Nice to see overrated drivers win a few races I will admit.

19. dalejr88rox

You know, I was gonna say something about you being spiteful or whatever, but I don't really feel the need to. It's clear you're just a miserable person so I'm not gonna lower myself to your level

Shockey Rai, lays, Tetronix and 3 others like this.
  20. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Fun site that tracks whenever Max Verstappen crashes in F1 (practices, testing, qualifying, or in races):
    http://crashstappen.com/