1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2018 Global Racing Series Showroom

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by DunnLaP24, Sep 22, 2017.

1. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

These are good! I would make the side numbers black on the #42 though... the green is hard to see against a green base.

Thunder98 likes this.
  2. DunnLaP24

DunnLaP24 Well-Known Member

Thanks! And yes sir, it is a reference to Super Aguri. Most of these teams I have made up are a reference to several teams in different series, such as Formula 1, IndyCar, NASCAR, ChampCar, Formula E, etc..

Thanks! And I'll definitely make that change on the #42.

3. DunnLaP24

Here are some of many part-time teams that will compete in the series in the 2018 season.

Herrera Racing Incorporated

Based near Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace in Interlagos in the city of Sao Paulo, Brazil will field one car on a part-time basis. They will run the first race in Brazil, and the next race in Argentina, and possibly some races in Europe. They hope to secure a bid for a full-time slot in 2019.

#06 - Felipe Saez (Brazil)

Felipe_Saez_06_CEPSA_Showroom.png

Felipe Saez has been in the series for a long while now, and whenever he steps into a part-time car and race in Brazil and Argentina in the series, he normally gets some very good results. The Brazilian is also hoping to race in the series for full-time once again in 2019 as he has not run full-time in the series since 2013. CEPSA will sponsor Felipe Saez and #06.

Carreras Family Racing Team

The Carreras Family Racing Team is a team that is based in Valencia, Spain. This team has many family members running this team, including the driver Roberto Carreras, his mother and father and his two uncles. They will mainly run in the Europe races and possibly a race or two in South America if they can secure a big sponsor.

#75 - Roberto Carreras (Spain)

Roberto_Carreras_75_Showroom.png

Roberto Carreras has always been racing for his own team that is run by him and his family for a few years. While he is still looking forward to run the team in 2018, he could be racing for a different team in 2019 if anyone is willing to sign up. He does have the talent and speed to be able to make something happen, and nobody would be surprised if he can get into a team that runs very well. No major sponsors has been announced at this time.

Baldoni Sport GP Team

While this team is running the full schedule with two of their drivers of Leo Santos and rookie Gordon Garrow in 2018, they will also field a part-time car that will run between 4-6 races, including the first race of the season in Brazil.

#91 - Jean-Marc Vennard (France) (R)

Jean-Marc_Vennard_91_Brandt_Showroom.png

Frenchman Jean-Marc Vennard will run for Baldoni Sport GP Team part-time in 2018 and will make his series debut in Brazil. He will race for Baldoni Sport GP Team in the Lights Series in 2018, and they hope to have him in one of their cars for full-time in the future, possibly the 2019 season if he performs well and is ready to mount a serious challenge to the competitors. Brandt will sponsor Jean-Marc Vennard and the #91 for Baldoni Sport GP Team.

CREDITS:

Mod: BullRing Motorsports
    Template: BER
    Sponsors/Logos: Google, BER
    Numbers: Cynon, XuticX, Alan Harkleroad
    Texts: DaFont.com/1001freefonts.com/ffonts.net/ufonts.com/Cynon
    Bases: Me
    Render: CarViewer

BrendonH12 likes this.
  4. DunnLaP24

Rizzotti Team

Rizzotti Team is one of the two Italian teams that will compete in this series, but Rizzotti Team will only do it for part-time this season. Rizzotti Team is also one of the several new teams that will enter the series, and they will make their debut in Brazil.

#90 - Damino Bassi (Italy)

Rizzotti_Team_90_Barilla_Showroom.png

Damino Bassi from Bari, Italy will make his return to the series after a year absence driving open wheel racing in Italy. Damino Bassi has tried out all kinds of machinery, including open wheels, stock cars, touring cars, endurance cars, rally cars, etc., so he does have a lot of racing experience to carry over back to the series. Barilla will sponsor Damino Bassi and #90.

CREDITS:

Sponsors/Logos: Google
    Numbers: Me (Made them from scratch on GIMP.)
    Texts: DaFont.com/1001freefonts.com

InsideLine and BrendonH12 like this.
  5. DunnLaP24

Latitude Motorsports

Latitude Motorsports will attempt to make an assault in their limited schedule in 2018. With a good driver & a good car, they can turn everybody's heads quite often.

#27 - Owen Gleeson (Ireland) (R)

Owen_Gleeson_27_AMP_Showroom.png

22 year old Owen Gleeson from Dublin, Ireland is setting up for what it's going to be his debut season in the series. He is scheduled to run the first race at Brazil and a few more in Europe. Owen Gleeson is also going to try to become the first Irish driver to start a Global Racing Series race in over 20 years. AMP Energy will sponsor Owen Gleeson and car #27

CREDITS:

Sponsors/Logos: Google/BER
    Numbers: Cynon for the Bear Down font

BrendonH12 likes this.
  6. DunnLaP24

Maple Leaf Motorsports

Maple Leaf Motorsports, which is based in Vancouver, Canada, will partake in the series, and they are only planning to run all of the races in North America. This team is a well-known late model team in Canada that has won countless of races and championships with various drivers across Canada.

#52 - Bradley Hutchinson (Canada) (R)

Bradley_Hutchinson_52_Sherwin_Williams_Showroom.png

Winnipeg's Bradley Hutchinson has only made 1 career start in the Global Racing Series, and that was way back in 2014 driving for the 3rd Baldoni Sport GP Team car. He will race for Maple Leaf Motorsports in all of the races the team will run, and he does have a lot of talent in him. The 26 year old is hoping to jump into the series for full-time next season if he impresses in his limited showings. Sherwin Williams will sponsor Bradley Hutchinson.

CREDITS:

Numbers: BER
    Base: Me

Tetronix and BrendonH12 like this.
  7. DunnLaP24

Fassnacht Racing Enterprises

Owned by Matteo Fassnacht himself is a team based in Zurich, Switzerland that will race in the series on a limited schedule. This team isn't the best part-time team by any stretch, but if they can figure out a good strategy to put themselves in a position to get a good finish, watch out.

#62 - Matteo Fassnacht (Switzerland)

Matteo_Fassnacht_62_Migros_Showroom.png

36 year old Swiss driver Matteo Fassnacht has raced in the series for a very long time since his debut season in 2003. He does have 7 wins to his name, all of them were driving for Ulrich Grand Prix Racing. He may never get another shot at glory again, but he still has what it takes to be a solid driver every year when he races part-time with his own team. Migros will sponsor Matteo Fassnacht.

Karlsson Motorsports

Based in Stockholm, Sweden is a team that has won the championship in the series way back in 1983 when Finland's Mikhail Kemppainen won the championship in the greatest upset in Global Racing Series history, defeating the dominant Finnish driver Keke Sajay who won the title 10 times in a row. There has been some rumors that they will place a bid on becoming a full-time team in the series once again in 2019.

#66 - Niklas Rosendahl (Sweden)

Niklas_Rosendahl_66_NIKKO_Showroom.png

The famous Karlsson Motorsports' #66 is back and Niklas Rosendahl from Sweden will pilot this machine in 2018. Niklas Rosendahl could pair up with the team to run with them again next year, and hopefully he will join them as one of their full-time drivers. NIKKO Radio Control will sponsor Niklas Rosendahl and #66.

CREDITS:

Sponsors/Logos: Google/RAH
    Numbers: Masgrafx/DaFont.com
    Texts: DaFont.com/1001freefonts.com/ffonts.net
    Bases: Me/RAH

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    BrendonH12 likes this.
  8. DunnLaP24

Marques Racing

Marques Racing, which is owned by the brothers of Rafael and Raul Marques is a team that raced in the series full-time last season, but they have decided to cut back to part-time. After a miserable season last year, they want to forget their mishaps by having a strong season this year. To boost their confidence, they have acquired some technical backing from Team Zimmspeed, in which Marques Racing has bought some of their cars from last season.

#82 - Luis Vanderlei (Brazil) (R)

Luis_Vanderlei_82_Petrobras_Showroom.png

Luis Vanderlei is a Brazilian driver that doesn't have much stock car experience, but he has a lot of experience in open wheel racing. Luis Vanderlei and Marques Racing will race for part-time this season and they will be at Brazil for the first race of the season. Petrobras will sponsor Luis Vanderlei and #82.

CREDITS:

Numbers: ffonts.net

BrendonH12 likes this.
  9. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

Very nice schemes in here; I especially like the Sherwin-Williams and Red Bull schemes! Keep up the good work, man!

DunnLaP24 likes this.
  10. DunnLaP24

Hey guys, I would like to apologize for not posting anything on this thread for two months now. My life has been a big beating to be as of late as far as college, work, karate and basketball is concerned. My computer also recently killed itself this week, so I will have to get a new computer soon, but I can assure you I will post more schemes sometime this month or next month.(I actually painted about a dozen cars or so since my absence, but I just never posted it on here.) What I might want to do is to post some highlights of the races on here with results, points, and possibly give you people the replays of the races so that way y’all can watch them. (By the way, is it okay for you guys to let me post the races on here? If so, please get me back on that as soon as possible. Thanks.) Another thing I will do is I will release the entire carset of this series this season later on for you guys to enjoy. I’m also planning on doing the 2019 Global Racing Series as well, so be on the look out for that! :)

Thunder98 likes this.
  11. DunnLaP24

Here is the entire 2018 carset for everyone to enjoy! NOTE: This is my first carset, so do expect to see some errors on some of the cars. I'm not perfect... yet :p. This is on the Gen6BR mod. Have fun!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m7md3g4qw65w4xa/2018 Global Racing Series Cars.zip

Credits: Cynon, XuticX, Alan Harkleroad, RAH Paints, MasGrafx, BER, Stundod Racing, Dafont.com, 1001freefonts.com, ffonts, Racinggrafx, Google, and any other places & people I have missed.

2018 Season Summary

2018 Driver's Champion: #5 - Jack Richards (Australia) [Jack Jones Autosports) (3 Poles, 4 Wins, 12 Top 5's, 14 Top 10's, AVG FP: 9.80, AVG SP: 8.70]

2018 Team's Champion: Jack Jones Autosports - Chevrolet

2018 Runner Up: #1 - Vittorio Staffa (Italy) (Morton Brothers Racing) [1 Pole, 2 Wins, 11 Top 5's, 14 Top 10's, AVG FP: 9.35, AVG SP: 9.35]

2018 3rd Place Finish: #14 - Vili Kevavo (Finland) (Ulrich Grand Prix Racing) [4 Poles, 6 Wins, 12 Top 5's, 13 Top 10's, AVG FP: 11.20, AVG SP: 7.25]

2018 Pole Trophy Winner: #14 - Vili Kevavo (Finland) (Ulrich Grand Prix Racing) [4 Poles]

2018 Rookie of the Year Standings

1. #9 - Gordon Garrow (Scotland) - 170 ***WINNER***
    2. #4 - Sebastien Mendez (Spain) - 163
    3. #47 - Jan Van Dalen (Netherlands) 159
    4. #40 - Audric Janvier (France) 158
    5. #36 - Nico Ackmann (Germany) 144

2018 Rookie of the Year: #9 - Gordon Garrow (Scotland) (Baldoni Sport GP Team) [0 Poles, 0 Wins, 1 Top 5, 6 Top 10's, AVG FP: 18.45, AVG SP: 14.35, 14th place in driver's championship standings]

2018 Race Winners:

Round #1: Brazil - #14 - Vili Kevavo (Finland) (Ulrich Grand Prix Racing)
    Round #2: Argentina - #1 - Vittorio Staffa (Italy) (Morton Brothers Racing)
    Round #3: England - #1 - Vittorio Staffa (Italy) (Morton Brothers Racing)
    Round #4: France - #5 - Jack Richards (Australia) (Jack Jones Autosports)
    Round #5: Gravis City - #20 - Benjamin Campbell (Canada) (CAMPOS Racing)
    Round #6: Mexico - #8 - Leo Santos (Brazil) (Baldoni Sport GP Team)
    Round #7: Canada - #14 - Vili Kevavo (Finland) (Ulrich Grand Prix Racing)
    Round #8: Dubai - #5 - Jack Richards (Australia) (Jack Jones Autosports)
    Round #9: Sweden - #5 - Jack Richards (Australia) (Jack Jones Autosports)
    Round #10: Finland - #16 - Andreas Felix (Spain) (Vortex-Red Bull SuperSports)
    Round #11: Germany - #2 - Marc Loew (Switzerland) (Morton Brothers Racing)
    Round #12: Austria - #5 - Jack Richards (Australia) (Jack Jones Autosports)
    Round #13: Italy - #14 Vili Kevavo (Finland) (Ulrich Grand Prix Racing)
    Round #14: Norway - #2 - Marc Loew (Switzerland) (Morton Brothers Racing)
    Round #15: Belgium - #2 - Marc Loew (Switzerland) (Morton Brothers Racing)
    Round #16: United States - #14 Vili Kevavo (Finland) (Ulrich Grand Prix Racing)
    Round #17: Hungary - #14 Vili Kevavo (Finland) (Ulrich Grand Prix Racing)
    Round #18: Russia - #14 Vili Kevavo (Finland) (Ulrich Grand Prix Racing)
    Round #19: Japan - #2 - Marc Loew (Switzerland) (Morton Brothers Racing)
    Round #20: Australia - #16 - Andreas Felix (Spain) (Vortex-Red Bull SuperSports)

2018 Driver's Championship Standings after Race 20/20

1. #5 - Jack Richards (Australia) 2930 (2018 Series Champion)
    2. #1 - Vittorio Staffa (Italy) 2923
    3. #14 - Vili Kevavo (Finland) 2867 (2018 Pole Trophy Winner)
    4. #2 - Marc Loew (Switzerland) 2758
    5. #8 - Leo Santos (Brazil) 2656
    6. #99 - Jorge De Mattos (Portugal) 2556
    7. #3 - Armondo Bastillo (Brazil) 2497
    8. #10 - Erik Teschendorf (Germany) 2487
    9. #16 - Andreas Felix (Spain) 2419
    10. #7 - Juan Martin Silva (Argentina) 2413
    11. #21 - Gaetan Fontaine (France) 2346
    12. #44 - Viktor Nesterov (Russia) 2307
    13. #18 - Afonso Marques (Portugal) 2267
    14. #9 - Gordon Garrow (Scotland) (R) 2186 (2018 Rookie of the Year Winner)
    15. #4 - Sebastien Mendez (Spain) (R) 2163
    16. #30 - Hitorio Nakahashi (Japan) 2156
    17. #86 - Paul Swift (England) 2125
    18. #11 - Skye Harper (Australia) 2116
    19. #20 - Benjamin Campbell (Canada) 2106 (Missed 2 races due to injury in a large crash at Russia)
    20. #17 - Josef Wigdahl (Norway) 2058
    21. #19 - Barney Stewart (England) 2034 (Suspended 1 race at the round of England for deliberately wrecking under caution at Brazil and violating probation by deliberately wiping a car out at Argentina)
    22. #47 - Jan Van Dalen (Netherlands) (R) 2025
    23. #15 - James Thompson (England) 1932
    24. #40 - Audric Janvier (France) (R) 1868
    25. #12 - Tristan Padovani (France) 1863
    26. #42 - Callum Fox (England) 1805
    27. #24 - Victorien Christiaens (Belgium) 1803 (Missed 2 races due to injury in a large crash at Russia)
    28. #36 - Nico Ackmann (Germany) (R) 1789 (Suspended 1 race at the round of Canada for plowing into a disabled car at Mexico)
    29. #60/#19/#31 - Jimmy Hartley (United States) 1712 (Switched rides due to Gridlock Motorsports' incompetency)
    30. #31 - Nikolav Sidorenko (Russia) 1186 (Suspended indefinitely for violating drug substance policy)
    31. #32/#81 - Raphael Docarmo (Brazil) (R) 1077
    32. #77 - Thomas Strobl (Austria) 894
    33. #32 - Jan Coertjins (Netherlands) 564
    34. #75/#24 - Roberto Carreras (Spain) 548 (Replaced Victorien Christiaens in the final 2 races)
    35. #50 - Darren Taylor (England) (R) 543
    36. #27 - Owen Gleeson (Ireland) (R) 524
    37. #60 - Kyle Masterson (United States) 509
    38. #62 - Matteo Fassnacht (Switzerland) 425
    39. #33 - Carlos Fernandez (Argentina) 376
    40. #33 - Jalf Korox (Germany) 371
    41. #77 - Alejandro Amara (Argentina) 364
    42. #66 - Niklas Rosendahl (Sweden) 347
    43. #91 - Ron Davis (England) 345
    44. #96 - Stefano Arrighi (Italy) (R) 335
    45. #82 - Luis Vanderlei (Brazil) (R) 334
    46. #77 - Vitaly Yakolev (Russia) 334
    47. #90 - Damino Bassi (Italy) 319
    48. #60 - Mario Frattini (Italy) 304
    49. #33/#60 - Mateus Portela (Brazil) 303
    50. #91 - Jean-Marc Vennard (France) (R) 303
    51. #45 - Emershan Venter (South Africa) 293
    52. #20 - Carlos Sanchez (Mexico) 282 (Replaced Benjamin Campbell in the final 2 races)
    53. #52 - Bradley Hutchinson (Canada) (R) 280
    54. #06 - Felipe Saez (Brazil) 276
    55. #33/#36 - James Rich (Canada) (R) 234 (Replaced Nico Ackmann at the Round of Canada)
    56. #07 - Sebastien Arpin (France) 231
    57. #33 - Wendell Dyson (England) 230
    58. #71 - Nick Wilson (Australia) (R) 227
    59. #77/#33 - Francisco Hidalgo (Venezuela) 191 (Kicked out of the 77 due to contract dispute with Gridlock Motorsports' & their stupidity)
    60. #41 - Emanuel Sanguinetti (Uruguay) 179
    61. #29 - Mikhail Yashin (Russia) (R) 176
    62. #51 - Daniel Valdez (Mexico) 173
    63. #26 - Mac McQueen (England) (R) 170
    64. #60 - Anthony DeFrancesco (United States) 146
    65. #33 - Nic Hirvisaari (Finland) 140
    66. #33 - Juro Onishi (Japan) (R) 124
    67. #33 - Ma Chuang (China) (R) 100
    68. #60 - Ricardo Ojeda (Argentina) 94
    69. #92 - Kasper Olsen (Norway) (R) 94
    70. #23 - Fabien Lauzier (France) 88
    71. #22 - Romain Garnier (France) 85
    72. #77 - Lloyd Caddick (Wales) 82
    73. #91 - Mario Marquez (Mexico) (R) 73 (Replaced Jean-Marc Vennard at Belgium due to Vennard's illness)
    74. #00 - Leon Medina (Peru) (R) 70 (First Peru driver to compete in the Global Racing Series in 30 years)
    75. #77 - Michael Rasmussen (Denmark) 55

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    InsideLine likes this.
  12. DunnLaP24

Just incase this is helpful.

upload_2018-6-13_13-59-6.png

upload_2018-6-13_13-59-24.png

upload_2018-6-13_13-59-38.png

13. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

Thank You!

DunnLaP24 likes this.