1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

2018 NASCAR Silly Season *Rumors and Speculation*

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by nj9703, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Sounds to me like the Almirola to the 10, DiBenedetto to the 43 rumor that's been floating to the garage is definitely plausible..
    -SportsBusinessDaily

2. Matthew124

Matthew124 Well-Known Member Banned

CAWL EDWARDS TO THE #10.

GDP Racing and ahspencer01 like this.
  3. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Lewis Hamilton? I know, unlikely, but it would be entertaining lol

4. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Please no. We don't need him douching up NASCAR even more

5. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

That would make for one hell of a powerhouse team stable of drivers.

6. rwarchol

rwarchol Well-Known Member

Honestly her best option is to retire, marry Ricky, and have a family. When you have drivers like Cole Whitt, Landon Cassill, and Mcdowell in front of you driving worse equipment you have to consider maybe things aren't working out. Even Dibenedetto is only 3 points behind her. Open Wheel drivers have never had success in this sport, I'm not sure why she thought it'd be different for her.

GDP Racing likes this.
  7. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Tony Stewart would like to have a talk with you....

8. rwarchol

rwarchol Well-Known Member

My bad! The lone exception. Tony won in every series he raced.

9. oddball

oddball Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with open wheel, she was rushed into the Cup series. If she was smart, she would've done 3 full seasons in xfinity and in the third one run some Cup races and then the 4th one go full-time Cup racing. By the way, open wheel drivers have done well in NASCAR, Tony Stewart as has been mentioned, Ken Schrader, Dan Gurney, AJ Foyt, Tim Richmond, John Andretti all did well. Heck even for as much Robby Gordon bashing as I did, he did pretty decent. NASCAR is a different beast as it's raw power, something that drivers from other disciplines don't fully understand as they have all these aids driving their cars.

10. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

Other than that pesky jet dryer incident, Montoya did pretty decent too.

starscream24 likes this.
  11. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

With better luck, Montoya would have had 2 Brickyard 400's and like 4 other wins. He was just completely luckless

12. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

JPM was pretty close to closing out at Dover and Richmond in his final season. I was kind of disappointed he left Nascar because I thought he was finally making some noticeable gains even after so many years in Nascar

13. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Well-Known Member

IMO opinion Danica has made her entire career based on 3 races. The Formula Ford race in England where she caught the eye of Bobby Rahal much like Erin Crocker caught the eye of Ray Evernham. The Indy 500 where she was the hook that ABC used to build viewership on. The race win in Japan that was strictly on strategy and fuel mileage rather than racecraft. Other than that she is nothing more than a lower mid pack driver

14. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Cole Custer is poised to take over the 10 in the near future, but it certainly won't be in 2018. Though I honestly doubt SHR will hire someone to only drive one year in the 10 if Patrick doesn't return.

15. Swagger Racing 26

Swagger Racing 26 Well-Known Member

oh god please make this happen go away Panica

16. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 SRD IndyCar Series Director

Sounds like Blaney could be going to a third Cup Penske car in 2018

DETROIT -- Roger Penske said he would like to bring Ryan Blaney into the Team Penske fold as soon possible, which would entail adding a third car to his Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series team.

Asked if it could happen next year, he responded: “Could be.”

Penske currently fields programs for 2012 series champion Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano. Blaney, 23, is in his second full-time season driving the No. 21 Ford for the Wood Brothers, with whom Penske shares a technical alliance. Blaney is 12th in the driver standings with two top-5s, four top-10s and a pole in 12 starts. He finished second in the Daytona 500.

Blaney made his first two Cup starts with Penske in 2014, but has made the ensuing 64 with the Wood Brothers. Penske has not fielded three full-time Cup cars since 2010 with Kurt Busch, Sam Hornish Jr. and Keselowski. Busch scored the team’s only two wins and finished 11th in the standings that season.

“I think we’ve got to look at that at the end of the year,” Penske said. “I think [Blaney]’s made a lot of progress. Hopefully that’ll happen sooner rather than later.”

via: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...add-ryan-blaney-teams-third-driver/102437430/

17. TColeman12

TColeman12 Dale Jr, off of 4, one last time...

That'd be pretty cool. I just hope he doesn't run the 12 though lol.

18. CJL5

CJL5 Owner of EcoBoost Racing

So who would take over the Wood Brothers ride? There really isn't a Penske Development driver ready for cup.

19. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

Maybe Bubba could get that seat? I'm sure Blaney will put in a good word, and Bubba has ran really well this year.

20. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

This is what I was going to say. I don't think Bubba is ready for Cup but anything to get him out of the mess RFR is right now would be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.