Updated

2018 Sports Car Racing Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GurtonBuster

I'm in the business of misery
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thought an approach like last year would be best: one thread for all of sports car racing.

This week things get kicked off with the Roar Before the 24, the Prototype Challenge race on Saturday, and qualifying for the Rolex 24 pit selection on Sunday. Quite the star-studded field in the 24 this year; it's going to be a great race.

Tim2488

Everything Bacon.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Scott Pruett has announced that after this years Rolex 24, he will hang up his helmet for the final time.

GurtonBuster

SRD Member
Reaction score
Didn't really see that one coming.

The PC race just finished, wasn't very competitive but it was nice seeing the cars out on track. Still had some good battles at times.

GurtonBuster

SRD Member
Reaction score
Holy wow that's gorgeous. Honestly, I'm more excited for VASC, IMSA, and WEC than I am for NASCAR this year.

sadlerfan21

SRD Member
Reaction score
WEC last year was amazing. The racing in all classes was stellar. The overall championship in LMP1 was dull but the 3 other classes went down to the last race on the last lap.

GurtonBuster

SRD Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome. Hopefully this season will be just as good, especially since it'll be my first WEC season.

Spike

SRD Member
Reaction score
Holy Crap just checked the local Fox affiliates weekend schedule for the 27th and there will be 3hrs of coverage of 24hrs of Daytona, Usually just get an hour of coverage before being shoved onto one of the Fox Sports channels. Now if only they would air the final 2hrs on broadcast tv.

sadlerfan21

SRD Member
Reaction score
My way of watching the race being that I don't get fs2 and fs1 shows very little of the race, I use the IMSA international feed with a vpn.

Spike

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yep that don't work in the US unless you can login with your cable pw. If I'm online I'll usually just find a stream, was a good hi def one on youtube last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.