1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2018 SRD Truck Series - Race 9 - Las Vegas

Discussion in 'SRD Camping World Truck Offline League' started by MWick4, Dec 13, 2018.

1. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

Lap 105(Three-To-go): Karda with help from Blanford is going back to the lead as we have another few trucks on pit road, Farrell, Althen, and Miller
    l105.png

2. MWick4

Lap 106(Two-To-Go): We have another six trucks in, Foster, Kurz, Ballard, Franklin, Ehresman, and Friesen. The top five all stayed out, will they all make it?

3. MWick4

WHITE FLAG: Blanford, Maulana, English, Wichelman, and Coleman all in! Karda stays out with Fiorentini! Dominik Karda, the well known road racer from the Czech Republic, does he have enough fuel for one more time around!?
    l106.png

4. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

My guess is no!

5. MWick4

CHECKERED FLAG: Out of turn four, Dominik Karda, the rookie from the Czech Republic gambles on fuel and is going to win his first ever SRD Truck Series race at Las Vegas!
    win.png

Dom, Reza Maulana, BrendonH12 and 2 others like this.
  6. MWick4

Official Results:
    SRD Truck Results - Las Vegas-1.jpg

BrendonH12 likes this.
  7. MWick4

And here's how we look going into the second round of the playoffs:
    Points After Round 9 PLAYOFFS ROUND2-1.jpg
    Points After Round 9 PLAYOFFS before reset2-1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Reza Maulana likes this.
  8. MWick4

9. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

Post-race comments and thoughts from Reza Maulana, driver of the #98 Pretty Cure Silverado:

"First of all, congratulations to Dom and MWM for the win today. It was fun battling you during the later stages of the race, and I'm proud to see a foreigner winning a SRD Series race.

Today is quite an interesting race for us. Remember when I said after qualifying that we need to make sure we have the race pace? Well initially our fears came true as me, Dalton, and Hooper went all the way to the back as soon as the green flag drops. For me, the car just wants to understeer every time we reach the banked turns, leaving me with less corner speed than what we would like. Fortunately for us, the wedge changes our pit crew did on the stage caution fixes the issue, and with me getting confident with the car more and more as the race goes by, we slowly make our way through the field. It was fun running in the top 10 for most of the second half, and while we ultimately played safe and went for the splash-and-go route rather than the gamble route, we're happy that the #98 Silverado is able to score a top 10 finish today.

So the next race is Talladega. That's going to be an interesting race week. I just hope we survive with as little damage as possible really, considering it's Talladega and there's a reasonably high chance that a Big One might happen there.

Oh, and also, honestly, I'm not expecting our team to have a collection of good trucks when we officially declared that we're going to run the second half of the season. We're out of a ride when the season started, and honestly it looks like I'm going to be out of SRD racing for the entirety of 2018 until Toei Animation approached us and came in with the sponsor offer. And then we scrambled trying to make sure everything is ready, you know the shop, the trucks, the crews, the wraps, the equipment, et cetera et cetera... I'm proud with the team and more importantly Toei Animation for making all of this possible.

You know that old Vine meme of "I have the power of anime on my side!"? That's what I felt with the Precure racing truck honestly, like we're having perhaps the weirdest sponsor in SRD Series' history and we're having anime girls emblazoned on our truck, which is definitely going to irk some of the "traditional"-type fans. Yet, despite all of that. here we are, bringing fast trucks week in and week out and nearly getting ourselves a win today at Las Vegas. It's just... unreal. So, so unreal."

MWick4 and EarnhardtFan like this.
  10. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

"Blue flag! Blue flag!"

Reza Maulana and MWick4 like this.
  11. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

@BrendonH12: "What a day! When the green the flag dropped, I was like 'Is this the same truck I drove yesterday?!' We started making moves early on - there was a lot of comers and goers today - and eventually we found ourselves leading this thing! I really wanted the win for these guys here, but I gotta say a HUGE congratulations to my teammate, @Dom. It was a great day overall for MWM with three of us in the top 5 and some guy named Matt that couldn't even make the top 10. *laughs* But seriously, gotta thank all these guys at MWM and Peterbilt, Reese's, Coke, and all our other partners. I just feel like maybe we should qualify bad on purpose and maybe we can win one of these things. Oh well, on to the next one..."

Also, lol at my name being spelled in a different way for every type of results recap, @MWick4.

MWick4 likes this.
  12. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

"I'm so happy with a top 5, 2nd 5th place finish in a row. The guys at MWM brought some super fast trucks and congrats to my teammate Dom on his win. We lead a lap in this JBL truck, and we have been consistent the past couple races. Also thanks to Konica Minolta, Pepsi, DJ Harris Designs, Toyota, everyone at MWM and my other sponsors that help us get these fast pieces of machinery. On to Homestead, where I've had some success."

MWick4 and BrendonH12 like this.
  13. MWick4

Haha yeah sorry about that, the program I use always tries to autocorrect :p

Also we’ve got Talladega next, three more races.

Really wish there was a way to DQ trucks offline to avoid that kinda stuff.

14. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

Everyone in the race getting stuck behind the #02 be like... God I'm lucky my AI didn't get stuck behind the #02 at some point during the race LOL

15. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! Really surprised I managed to actually win a truck race :p