1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 1000Bulbs.com 500 at Talladega Superspeedway Race Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by BrendonH12, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio

Ryan Blaney wins!

Thank god. Didn’t want to see No-Neck win.

2. hiarcracing

hiarcracing Well-Known Member

ok they need to never touch this package again ever

Shockey Rai likes this.
  3. CCM284

CCM284 Active Member

0.007 margin of victory

4. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Oh my. Blaney by 0.007!

So close to picking the winner of this race correctly. I used a random number generator for pick'em this week and nearly picked first and third correctly.

Shockey Rai likes this.
  5. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

6. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

I told my buddy Jarrad in a discord voice chat: "Place your bets, I'm putting mine on Newman." He chose Chris Buescher. What a finish.

7. JeffJordan

It's worth noting that Newman got beat by the #12 Penske car while being pushed by a Stewart-Haas car.

8. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

RIP Chase, hell yes Blaney, holy shit Gaughn, fuck you Stenhouse. Best race of the season for many, but in my opinion, maybe ever.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  9. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

80% of the field crashed and one car flipped, with a photo finish and the winner wasn't Kyle Busch.

Perfect race! ;)

10. JeffJordan

This was the second time this year no driver managed to lead at least 20% of a race, with Blaney leading the most at 35 (18.6%.)

Blaney has now won on Pocono, a road course, and a superspeedway. Blaney has no wins on tracks where he contends regularly, like Bristol, Martinsville, and the cookie cutters. Blaney has also taken three different primary sponsors to victory lane in his first three wins, just like Chase Elliott.

Talladega now has 13 of NASCAR's top 50 closest Cup finishes since electronic scoring began. Daytona has 17 of them, including non-points races. This is the first race with a 0.007 margin of victory - now we're just missing 0.000, 0.001, 0.003, and 0.009.

This was the first flip at the fall Talladega race since 2010, when AJ Allmendinger flipped just as he was starting his final lap. The only Cup car to flip in the past two years has been the Camaro, and every flip has happened at Talladega. Only Chevy cars have flipped since the 2016 Talladega race, where Matt Kenseth (Toyota) and Chris Buescher (Ford) both went over.

This is the first 1-2 finish of Ryans I can find, and by far the closest margin of victory between drivers with the same first name. The next closest was Jeff Burton holding Jeff Gordon off at Richmond by 0.051 in 1998. The last time two drivers with the same name finished 1-2 were Kyle Busch and Kyle Larson at Chicagoland in 2018.

Every playoff driver was involved in an accident - Blaney barely did, having spun down pit road early in the race.

11. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

12. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Good race, no rim riding single file racing at all. I hope they don't touch this package, its pretty good. This is my first weekend watching Nacar races with youtube TV as well. I moved to a new place and cut the cord to save money. Very happy with youtube TV, makes it easy to record all the nascar races with unlimited DVR space feature.

13. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmus pessimus

Just saw some highlights. Gg Bowman crashing yourself and the field. Gg Stenhouse yet again for wrecking everyone but yourself. Brendan Gaughan is awesome, its a shame he crashed, and as perfectly executed a flip that was, cars flying in the air coming into a turn is terrifying. And bravo to YRB, my drivers are two for two! Also, credit where credit is due, Rick Allen had some good calls today, and a fantastic one of the finish.

Virox6549 likes this.
  14. Ajwehr

Ajwehr Well-Known Member

People trying to blame that wreck on Stenhouse is hilarious. Kurt was the one who turned Kyle around, yes Stenhouse came up but Kyle was already turned by Kurt at that point.

15. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

16. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

Man, it was nice to see one of these "Race Weekend Discussion" threads get some extended use this week... :rolleyes::)