1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway Race Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by BrendonH12, Apr 4, 2019.

1. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

mtblillie likes this.
  2. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

No matter how you feel about DW, this is worth a watch. Kind of a big moment in the sport and the end of an era.

3. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

4. ShadowKnight508

5. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Well Chevy got 2nd place, maybe they will win one day ...

mtblillie and BrendonH12 like this.
  6. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

Yeah, it's amazing the change at the CGR #1 team with Kurt in the seat this year. Don't get me wrong, I was and still am a Jamie Mac fan, but it just shows it was definitely time for a change... Meanwhile, it seems that things just keep getting worse and worse for Larson. Hopefully, they can get the ship righted here before too long as well.

7. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Ty Dillon joins Daniel Suarez (2017), Chase Elliott (2017-18) and Ryan Blaney (2017) as drivers who won stages before they won a race. He also joins Blaney (2017), Paul Menard and Martin Truex Jr. (both 2018) as drivers on single-car operations who have won stages. It is the first stage win for Germain Racing, a team that has a technical alliance with RCR - RCR has never won a stage.

This was Ryan Blaney's career high in laps led. He led 158, and his previous high was 148 at Texas in 2017. Blaney and Brad Keselowski are working on something Martin Truex Jr. nearly accomplished last year - all of their top tens are also top fives. Blaney's top twenty-finishes are also all top-fives. In 8 races, Blaney finishes in the top five exactly half the time and off the lead lap the other half. Blaney hasn't finished between 5th and 22nd this season.

Daniel Hemric STILL hasn't finished on the lead lap. I'm rooting hard for him to finally do that soon.

Three Penske cars led 40 laps in a race for the second time. The first time was at Texas, last fall. Like Texas, none of the three won the race.

This is shaping up to be another season with few winners, and few good teams. The youth movement was really supposed to be in full force and it's still not. I thought - what made 2018 different from 2008? In 2008, three drivers won two-thirds of the schedule - Johnson, Edwards, and Kyle Busch - but all those drivers debuted earlier that decade. Of 2018's race winners, drivers debuting in the 2010s combined for six victories, and two of those drivers had a real shot at a championship. All of the four race winners this year (this year feels like any Formula 1 season) debuted last decade. I sincerely hope this will change in 2021 with new cars, but 2019 looks bleak.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  8. Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace Keselowski2Wallace

did anyone laugh at the end of stage 1... Poor BOW-YEA got upset buy TY.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  9. Bitbreaker

Bitbreaker Well-Known Member

Shouldn't you have to count Blaney here too, for driving wood Brothers Ford in 2017?

JeffJordan likes this.
  10. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

You're right, edited.

Bitbreaker likes this.
  11. ShadowKnight508