0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

2019 Formula One Discussion

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thought it was appropriate to start a new thread for 2019. Today, Haas unveiled their new livery and driver suits in partnership with Rich Energy for the season.

Last edited:

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Toro Rosso and Williams Racing both unveiled their liveries today. ROKiT Phones becomes an official part of the Williams team, so it will be called "ROKiT Williams Racing" for 2019 and beyond.

TORO ROSSO:

ROKiT WILLIAMS RACING:

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Mercedes F1 has unveiled their 2019 livery super early this morning (or afternoon in Europe). SportPesa Racing Point F1 (formerly Force India) also unveiled their livery. SportPesa, which is a global technology and entertainment company, jumps aboard as the primary sponsor for the team. Red Bull Racing also unveiled their test scheme, as announced via email this morning as well.

Mercedes:

Racing
Point:

Red Bull:

Last edited:

Reza Maulana

SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman
SRD Member
Reaction score
Shame the Red Bull scheme is just a one-off testing livery... Mercedes and Renault are looking sleek with their new liveries though.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
McLaren launched their new MCL34 this morning, and is the only team unveiling their livery for today. Sainz and Norris take the reins in the papaya and blue race cars. Ferrari to unveil tomorrow, and Alfa Romeo-Sauber to launch on the 18th.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
As mentioned yesterday, Ferrari was to unveil their 2019 SF90 livery this morning. Personally, this scheme does not give me much of a "Ferrari" vibe, like the 2016 through 2018 ones did.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Alfa Romeo-Sauber unveiled their C38 yesterday, making that the final team launch of 2019. Not much different with Sauber's livery for this season.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
The whole sponsorship was a scam, it was super transparent. Can't say I'm surprised in the slightest that they've dipped. Now - can we see the white, red and black scheme return please?

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Basically Cole Custer's scheme on an F1 car? Naw, put the 41 scheme on there.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
According to Formula Money's Twitter page: Rich Energy will now be branded as "Lightning Volt Energy". William Storey will no longer be a director, nor will he be a shareholder, as Matthew Kell becomes the new controlling shareholder. Link to Tweet and images of the digital documents is here.

It'll be interesting to see how this shakes up the whole Haas situation. We may see a new scheme by either next week or after the summer break....

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Mercedes unveiled a new vintage-inspired scheme for the German GP in Hockenheimring this weekend, celebrating 125 years of the manufacturer being in motorsports. The white symbolizes the pre-silver era of the team, where white is the national racing colour of Germany. A fun tidbit is that in the 1930's, they actually scraped the white paint off at the Eifelrennen races to save weight. It was scratched off revealing bare metal underneath, hence creating the Silver Arrows they're known for today.

nascarfreak88

Sarcasmus pessimus
SRD Member
Reaction score
I know the subreddit hates it. IMO the livery is fine. It would make more sense according to the "white paint" legend if the colors were reversed such that it was silver on the nose and white on the engine cover/rear to give the illusion that it is in fact the white being sheared away revealing the silver underneath. But I guess Petronas gotta Petronas.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
I know the subreddit hates it. IMO the livery is fine. It would make more sense according to the "white paint" legend if the colors were reversed such that it was silver on the nose and white on the engine cover/rear to give the illusion that it is in fact the white being sheared away revealing the silver underneath. But I guess Petronas gotta Petronas.
Personally, I'm disappointed with it. I hyped it up, because I thought it would be a whole new scheme, not slap some white on the front and then the white paint remains along the rest of the side pod and fins. I understand why it looks the way it does and I'm glad they're celebrating their own milestone, but sadly it just didn't work out as good as I think they hoped it would.