1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway Race Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by BrendonH12, Apr 23, 2019.

1. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Entry Lists (Credit to Diecast Charv):
    2019 MoneyLion 300 at Talladega Superspeedway (37 Drivers):

https://diecastcharv.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/2019-talladega-1x-1.jpg

2019 GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway (40 Drivers):
    https://diecastcharv.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/2019-talladega-1-1.jpg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Full Race Replays/Highlights
    2018 General Tire 200 at Talladega [ARCA Race]

2018 Sparks Energy 300 at Talladega [Drivers Only Special Broadcast]

2018 GEICO 500 at Talladega

[​IMG]

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  2. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

Just a heads up for everyone. I will be getting the Pick' Em thread for Talladega Superspeedway up by midnight PST/3AM EST tonight.

If anyone is interested, the 2019 PEAK Antifreeze iRacing Series is live from Talladega Superspeedway with the new aerodynamic package:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  3. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Favorite track for me coming up. Lets hope this new package doesn't ruin it.

ShadowKnight508 and BrendonH12 like this.
  4. ShadowKnight508

5. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 Hottest Rookie of 2019

Ford is going to make Talladega their bitch again. In the second version of the Fusion for the Gen 6, they literally won it all here.

6. ShadowKnight508

7. ShadowKnight508

Close up of the wicker bill that was added to the rear spoiler:
    [​IMG]

8. ShadowKnight508

9. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Ford had won the last seven Talladega races, Keselowski and Logano winning five of those. Elliott won Chevrolet and Hendrick's first Talladega race since Dale Earnhardt Jr. won the 2015 spring race. Toyota has only won three Talladega races, two in 2008 and one in 2014. Talladega is the least successful track for Toyota that has two races.

The is the first Talladega race to end under caution since the 2016 spring race.

Alex Bowman finished 2nd, and now has exactly one finish inside each spot in the top five except for a win. This is Bowman's second ever top-five in a non-overtime race. Bowman also led laps for the first time this year. Ryan Preece and Daniel Hemric also had their first career top fives.

Chase Elliott's first four wins are all on different kinds of tracks - road course, short oval, intermediate oval, and superspeedway.

This is Hendrick's first 1-2 finish since Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr. took the top two spots in the 2016 Atlanta race.

Spire Motorsports has finished 32nd in four of the last five races - they finished 36th in three of the first five, and they have finished in an even-numbered spot in every race this year.

Bill and Chase Elliott won consecutive non-restrictor plate races at Talladega, Bill's win coming in 1987.

This was the fourth race this season that Joey Logano was the second-to-last leader - Brad Keselowski has had that distinction twice, and Ryan Blaney once. All together, in 7 of 10 races this season, a Penske driver lost the lead on the final lead change.

This race had the highest number of lead changes in a Talladega race since the 2014 spring race, with 39. It also had the fewest amount of caution laps, 21, since the 2015 fall race had 18.

A car has flipped completely over in a race or practice session for the Talladega spring race in every year since 2016, but a car hasn't flipped over in the Talladega fall race since 2010.

There are some parallels between this race and the 2009 spring race ten years ago. The 09 won that race, while the 9 won this one. The 88 finished second. There was a huge accident on the final lap where a flipping car finished 24th. Kurt Busch finished 6th in both races, while Kevin Harvick finished 38th.

10. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I really hope Nascar doesn't change the superspeedway package, that was great. Finally Chevy won and congrats to Chase as well.

11. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Wasn't a-ware of this happening, but ware was Cody trying to go with this?

12. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Also, Bowman has now finished every position 2nd-40th, only missing a win. And that stat about Penske being the penultimate lead change physically hurts me.

starscream24 likes this.
  13. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Just saw this very interesting stat. Kyle Busch is the first driver to start a season with 10 straight top 10s since Morgan Shepherd in 1990 when he started with 11 straight.

theusar and JeffJordan like this.
  14. HJimenez42

HJimenez42 Well-Known Member

From Jayski.com:
    • NASCAR will study Larson's flip: NASCAR will investigate Kyle Larson’s last-lap crash Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway after the No. 42 Chevrolet went airborne after a spin and rolled over several times. After being hit on the right side by William Byron’s No. 24 Chevy, Larson’s car slid sideways toward the inside SAFER barrier on the backstretch. About 50 feet from the wall, his right-rear tire began lifting off the pavement. Larson’s car was virtually perpendicular to the pavement when it impacted the barrier head on and then flipped multiple times. NASCAR spokesman Tom Bryant told NBCSports.com’s Dustin Long that the crash would be analyzed to “determine all the factors that led to it.” There were three multicar crashes in the race, but Larson’s Camaro was the only car to get airborne after concerns about escalating speeds with a new rules package. (NBC Sports)(4-28-2019)
    I really hope they don't change the superspeedway package due to this accident...The race was always entertaining and although we saw 3 crashes, the "Big One" didn't took place.

Mystical and Virox6549 like this.
  15. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

At least from what I saw, Byron t-boning Larson like that curled his side skirt in so it allowed much much more air to get underneath the car and lead him to flip, and he was the only one I remember being hit like that. I don't think that's even fixable really, all the flaps were up and everything and it still didn't set the car back down.

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  16. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to watch the race live. But from what I saw on a replay Larson's right rear started coming off the ground almost as soon as he crossed the yellow line.

17. ShadowKnight508