1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 NASCAR Silly Season and News

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Cutch22

Cutch22 Learning the Ropes

Cole seems shocked to see the news.

2. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio, The other Logano Fan besides ahspencer01

Either that or he has seen something he’ll never unsee. :p

3. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

4. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana The One Fan from Indonesia

Oooooh snap.

From Jeff Gluck's latest Tweet:

"NASCAR’s Scott Miller says the sanctioning body is considering much harsher penalties for next season, including taking wins away. Officials will take a look at the so-called “deterrence model” in the offseason and decide what to do."

We might see what is essentially a DQ next season. Better be late than never, I guess

5. dalejr88rox

It's about fuckin' time

6. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Finally. Stripping away wins along with all the points earned in that race (including stage points) will help crack down on this sort of hijinks we have been seeing this season with some of the teams (window braces "failing", tampered spoilers, illegal body modifications, illegal spitters, modified splitters, etc). They should make crew suspensions longer as well (no crew chief, car chief from 4+ races if you are busted by NASCAR for cheating like what Harvick's team did at Texas) along with stiffer points penalties (30 to 100 point penalties, depending on seriousness of rules infraction).

Good on NASCAR for looking at bringing down the hammer on teams who try to cheat in such ways.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  7. dyerseve

dyerseve Well-Known Member

The only thing bout taking wins away. Is how are sponsors going to react. Nascar and teams are having trouble getting sponsors. I'm all for wins been taking wins away for cheating. I'm wondering want contracts say for cheating or make there sponsors look bad. Thinking back MWR at Richmond with Bowyer and Truex Jr. Napa bout left and MWR in up closing down shortly after...

joeykraus19 likes this.
  8. Cutch22

Cutch22 Learning the Ropes

Makes me wonder though, would a sponsor value that added TV time in Victory Lane over their driver getting awarded a trophy midweek following a post-race inspection? They'd certainly be getting more TV time than anybody else, would that outweigh their driver being caught cheating?

nascarfan9 and joeykraus19 like this.
  9. deathbyreputation

deathbyreputation Active Member

NASCAR is reportedly considering moving Sonoma up the schedule in 2020 to be part of the Western Swing, according to a friend of mine who works in NASCAR

10. deathbyreputation

deathbyreputation Active Member

joeykraus19 and Tetronix like this.
  11. JeffG24

JeffG24 Member

That...ACTUALLY sounds like a pretty cool idea tbh. Imagine it taking Las Vegas's spot in the west coast swing and you have Sonoma, ISM, & California (a.k.a. Fontana) all in that order, that's a really good stretch of West Coast races in my opinion. It kinda has a nice flow to it. Also, does this mean that if & when we go to Sonoma at that time frame, will the terrain be grass? I've seen footage from old races where they raced at Sonoma earlier on in the season and it would be lots of green grass surrounding the track due to the seasonal atmosphere of springtime.

12. dalejr88rox

I'm pretty sure they just let it die. It's all dirt tbh, there's not any grass on the track.

I love this idea. Sonoma in the summer is fucking ridiculously hot

13. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana The One Fan from Indonesia

Cindric to stay in Xfinity next season, albeit he's going to take over the 22 car full time instead of splitting it between the 22 and 60.

From Bob Pockrass' Twitter: https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1060700544182808577?s=19

"Austin Cindric full-time in Penske No. 22 Xfinity car next year ... The No. 12 Xfinity car will run on a limited basis with Keselowski, Logano, Blaney and Menard, according to news release. #nascar"

14. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

In 2019, MoneyLion will go even bigger, serving as the primary sponsor for:
    • The No. 22 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang, driven by Joey Logano, at the spring Talladega race (4/28) and Watkins Glen race (8/4)
    • The No. 12 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang, driven by Ryan Blaney at the spring Phoenix race (3/10)
    • The No. 22 NASCAR XFINITY Series Ford Mustang, driven by Austin Cindric, for 18 races, beginning with Daytona (2/16) all the way through the season-finale race at Homestead-Miami Speedway (11/16)

joeykraus19 and BrendonH12 like this.
  15. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio, The other Logano Fan besides ahspencer01

Good! Its about damned time Penske had a Full-Time Xfinity driver again.

16. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Hoping they make some creative schemes with the bluish-green hue the brand has.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  17. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Buddy I've got some bad news for you lol

18. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Well, that was a good 36 minutes of hope. I'll take it.

19. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

lot of torn up cars for Penske in 2019.... eek

Wacky Racers likes this.
  20. MWick4

MWick4 How is this a fair race? My crew chief is a Morty.

With this hopefully Briscoe can land the SHR ride full-time next year too