1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Race Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by BrendonH12, Sep 11, 2019.

1. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Entry Lists (Credit to DiecastCharv):
    2019 World of Westgate 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (36 Drivers):
    https://diecastcharv.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/2019-las-vegas-2t-1.jpg

2019 Rhino Pro Truck Outfitters 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (38 Drivers):
    https://diecastcharv.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/2019-las-vegas-2x-1.jpg

2019 South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (39 Drivers): https://diecastcharv.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/2019-las-vegas-2-1.jpg

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Full Race Replays/Highlights:
    2018 World of Westgate 200 at Las Vegas:

2018 DC Solar 300 at Las Vegas:

2018 South Point 400 at Las Vegas:

[​IMG]

2. MillsLayne

MillsLayne Told to stay in his ****ing motorhome.

Marshawn Lynch will be driving the pace car before the Cup race and huge opportunity missed for the 18 since Skittles won't be on the car this weekend.

3. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

They should rename these races to the "It's gonna be hot as Hell 400" given the temperatures are forecast to be at or near 100 degrees.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  4. Swagger Racing 26

Swagger Racing 26 Well-Known Member

why are they racing on Sunday Night ?? Labor Day already has passed lol

5. nascarfan9

It'll be like 4 PM there at that time. They are trying to avoid the hottest portion of the day...

6. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

Kyle is such a baby...
    8495EE8F-B2C5-413E-AC7E-FF292F47FBEB.jpeg

7. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

As if he couldn't get more rediculous...

Andy22, BrendonH12 and mtblillie like this.
  8. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

I'm not usually a Kyle fan, but I've kinda got to agree with him on this one.

MillsLayne, RacerXero84 and theusar like this.
  9. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

How? He had plenty of time to change lanes and get around the 52. He handled the situation poorly and IMO, was overdramatic and at fault.

10. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

The issue isn't whether or not you agree with him or how he feels, the issue is how he acts. Would you see Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson or Joey Logano act like this? Sure they might show displeasure, sure they might scold the media for asking dumb questions, but would they answer questions with "I'm just here so I don't get fined"? I've even seem some hotheads like Harvick and Earnhardt keep more dignity than this.

Andy22, RJMik, starscream24 and 3 others like this.
  11. hammeredman

hammeredman Well-Known Member

Exactly. No one in their right mind will ever disregard the raw talent behind the wheel. Kyle Busch is one of the best ever, period. The fact of the matter is the guy is a child. He acts like a teenager, and he hasn't changed one bit over the course of a 15 year career. It's not a one time thing, it's not even something that happens with another driver that blows over after a season. Every single year he always act like a clown. It's just constant crying and constant smartassness to the media, toward other drivers, to his own team, in post race interviews. The guy is still crying about the Xfinity race from two years ago where he blew a tire at Cali on the last lap after his failed attempt to catch Jones at Darlington. We get it Kyle, and we mostly agreed that Nascar should have thrown the yellow. Move on now, you've won a lot more since then. I honestly just don't understand it, you should act like you've been there in victory and defeat.

12. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

He was directly behind Byron going in to the corner. Busch was told the 52 was going high so he (Busch) went middle and was committed only to find the 52 there. At that point he would've had no way to react at that speed in the corner to avoid the 52 without wrecking.

MillsLayne, RacerXero84 and theusar like this.
  13. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Some the same people complaining or criticizing were the same people who thought Smoke's jabs and sarcasm at the media and other drivers were hilarious.

Dude is out there because NASCAR mandates it, not for his fans, his team, or his sponsors. That and those comments came right after a rather obnoxious series of events.

I used to hate Kyle with a passion. Then I took off the biased lenses and found myself agreeing with the overall statements he was making, and remembered this guy is human, and is prone to being pissed off as any of us.

He has talent; he knows this, he knows what he capable of. So when you're pushed to your limits and then something like last night happens.... yeah, Id be tired and pissed off too. Even more so with mics shoved in my face for soundbites immediately after.

Just my 2 cents.

14. Swagger Racing 26

Swagger Racing 26 Well-Known Member

15. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

That's fair. I disagree, at least in part, simply because I feel like he does this way too much and his attitude has an air of arrogance to it, but I can see what you are saying and we should all learn to judge people more fairly and with less bias. And I'm sure more than anything he just wanted to be left alone, and if given that opportunity and had the interview been after he had a chance to cool off it might have been much different. And you are right that we tend to chastise Kyle but give guys like Tony or Dale a break when they act that way.

16. nascarfan9

I used to as well, but with time I've come to enjoy him somewhat more and more. Still, he's not my favorite driver by any means, and I root against him more often than not, but I think nowadays, it's more so to see what he does or doesn't do post race in situations like last night. I've come to enjoy when he gets fired up about things.

I still find it interesting when debates about this kind of stuff come up, and maybe it's not here specifically, but people are always like "none of the drivers have personality" but then when they get one that does have a personality and shows it regularly, they're like "gosh what a baby"... :rolleyes:

Brandon Miller likes this.
  17. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

That is such a Tony thing to do! No wonder they are my favorites lol

18. MillsLayne

MillsLayne Told to stay in his ****ing motorhome.

If anything, Garrett Smithley should thank Kyle for running into the back of him, because no one knew who he was before all of this and now, maybe five or so people will know who he is. Haha

All kidding aside, Smithley didn't necessarily do anything wrong (other than being slow af), but I can see where Kyle is coming from, bias or not. You have guys out here, usually in Rick Ware equipment, who haven't won anything in their career, yet somehow, they're in Cup and are usually causing incidents or are running so slow that they're a moving chicane, as was the case Sunday night. Kyle had very little to no time to react once he saw him in the middle lane due to the closing rate to the 52. Just shit luck, really, but it is aggravating when someone is running that far off the pace and actually does have an impact on your finish. Fast forward to the post race media bullpen with yes, "dumb f***ing questions," and that's what happens. Tony Stewart used to berate and call out dumb questions all the time, but somehow this is different. It's not. The only difference is the driver. I do wish Kyle wouldn't act like that sometimes, but he's emotional, real and, most of all, ENTERTAINING. He provides all of that every weekend.

19. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

The biggest difference between Tony and Kyle is their professionalism. Tony did lash out quite often if he heard some bullshit, but he at least remained mostly civil, calm and at least halfway professional about his distaste of the media. Kyle just throws a fit.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  20. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

"He's the one that drives like a little bitch....Imma bust his ass"