1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 SRD SuperTruck Series - Round 1 - Daytona

Discussion in 'SRD Camping World Truck Offline League' started by MWick4, Jun 5, 2019.

1. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

2014_Daytona-Intl-Speed-logo.png
    After a long offseason the Sim Racing Design SuperTruck Series returns for the opening round of 2019 at the historic Daytona International Speedway. We head into Speedweek with loads of new looks, new faces, new opportunities to contend for the 2019 SRD SuperTruck Series Championship! Who will take the opening round and lock themselves into the 2019 Playoffs? A rookie? Seasoned veteran? Strap yourself in, it's about to be a bumpy ride!

Last Season: After leading the series with three wins in 2018, Mike Ehresman went into the Playoffs as the obvious favorite for the title. But, things don't always go as planned. Owner-driver Sean English clinched his ticket to the Playoffs at the very last second with his victory at Coca-Cola SuperSpeedway, from there he had a difficult road ahead of him through the Playoffs fighting off elimination and making his way into the Championship Four. English would go on to dominate the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway en route to taking the series championship over J.R. Franklin.

PAST POLESITTERS/WINNERS:
    2018: Ben Althen (47.643)/ Tyler Mallon
    2017: Andrew Gorman (47.312)/ Nick Flatz
    2016: Brandon Chastra (48.733)/ Tim Kunkel

Race Info:

Race length: 70 laps, 175 miles
    Stage 1: 35 laps
    Stage 2: 35 laps

Everything is going to be pushed back a day, opening practice and qualifying will take place on Thursday, the Dual Qualifiers on Friday and final practice and the race on Saturday! Lets have a good season guys!

Entry List:
    2019 SRD Truck Entry List - Daytona-page-001.jpg

2. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

"Here we go, first race of the season and first race in the Star Twinkle Chevrolet Silverado! I'm excited to see how this will go for me and my teammates Rogers and Jennings, 2019 season is sure going to be exciting! Keeping the clean and not get lapped during the race would be the main priority for the 98 team for this race."

3. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

"Ahhh, Daytona. Good to be back here, but this time I'm the defending champion. Here's to hoping for another great season for all of us here at EMS. Let's go crush the competition!"

4. XxTeam48LowesXx

XxTeam48LowesXx Jimmie Johnson Fan

"Always loved racing the truck. Glad to be back in my home state of Florida and I'm ready to get this season underway! I think its time I have some success in something and I'm hoping this will be it.!"

5. Bitbreaker

Bitbreaker Well-Known Member

We were looking good last year with the most lead laps. Unfortunatly we couldn't finish it. This year we are motivated to get our first victory in this series!

6. MWick4

Blanford Tops Opening Practice:
    2019 SRD Truck Practice - Daytona-1.jpg

Craigo, Fogg Take Front Row:
    Pole.jpg
    2019 SRD Truck Qualifying - Daytona-1.jpg

7. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

AWESOME! The 87 truck has some speed! Brand new program so we are still working out all the bugs, we just have to get the 48 going up the charts and have 2 trucks running, clean, and it'll be a success.

8. matheus357

matheus357 Very Occasional Painter

Fiorentini: "So far, we don't have that much of a great pace, but that won't really matter tomorrow in the draft, and 7th isn't a bad qualifying performance. Hoping for good things for our folks at MFM and JB2."

JBlanford74 likes this.
  9. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

"Our #15 JBL team looks strong this weekend. We've won a superspeedway race in this series before, so we know what it takes and we are definitely going to hunt down win #18 for Ford."

10. TheRedHerring

TheRedHerring Well-Known Member

Time to head to the short track to figure out my starting position. Not sure how the truck will run at Daytona but I'm optimistic aboot the season

11. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

"Well... We went from last in Practice to 8th in Qualifying, that's something... But then again its a superspeedway race and it tends to be a crapshoot most of the time, so I would still be hoping for me and my team to hopefully have an incident-free race this week"

12. dacinch8

dacinch8 Striving on Sweet Iced Tea

“What happened in qualifying was a mystery. I was 7th fastest in practice, and now we’re all the way back in 24th. It’s gonna be a lifesaver if we take this truck to the front on Saturday.”

13. MWick4

Just a minor change to the schedule, hoping to avoid conflict with the Cup Series race, the SRD SuperTruck Series is set to go green on Saturday at Noon EST.

14. joeykraus19

joeykraus19 Well-Known Member

"I've seen lawnmowers qualify faster than me. Oh well, only place to go is up."

Tetronix likes this.
  15. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

"God it feels weird driving a Toyota haha, can't thank Steven Merzlak for giving me a chance to come back to the Truck Series and for Hoonigan to jump on board to go for another title this season."

16. hiarcracing

hiarcracing Well-Known Member

"MAN we've got a fast F-150 this weekend. Really awesome to have my first qualifying effort be a top 5, just shows how strong these JB2 Fords are. Looking forward to the race, I feel like we've got a great shot"

JBlanford74 likes this.
  17. MWick4

Duel #1 of the Daytona Beach Duels is expected to see the green flag around 1pm EST. The format is two 25-lap shootouts with no cautions. Jacob Craigo and Clayton Fogg are locked on to the front row but the remainder of the starting lineup for Saturday's race will be determined by the finishing order of today's races. Duel #1 will determine the inside row and Duel #2 the outside.

Final Practice will also run later today following the conclusion of the duels.

SRD Truck Lineup - Daytona Beach Duel #1-1.jpg
    SRD Truck Lineup - Daytona Beach Duel #2-1.jpg

Reza Maulana likes this.
  18. MWick4

Sorry for the wait, green flag momentarily.

19. MWick4

Grid.jpg
    The grid is set, trucks are fired, we are ready to see the first green flag of the 2019 SRD season!

joeykraus19 and Reza Maulana like this.
  20. MWick4

1.jpg
    Jacob Craigo leads the field out of four, we are green for the first of two 25-lap duels!

joeykraus19 and Reza Maulana like this.