1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 SRD SuperTruck Series - Round 2 - Rockingham

Discussion in 'SRD Camping World Truck Offline League' started by MWick4, Jun 13, 2019.

1. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

D2s_5RNXQAEnkTh.jpg
    Welcome back for the second round of the 2019 Sim Racing Design SuperTruck Series campaign. This week for the first time in SRD SuperTruck history we head to The Rock for just over 200 miles of side-by-side action. First opening in 1965, The Rock hosted NASCAR Cup Series races all the way up to 2004 and held two NASCAR Truck Series races in 2012 and 2013. But since then this track has had barely any action at all, it certainly hasn't seen what these SRD SuperTrucks are about to do in a good number of years. Here we go, 200-and-a-few miles, Rockingham Speedway, let's go!

Last Week: The action started as soon as Jacob Craigo led us to the green flag and didn't stop until the checkered flag waved on lap 70. A few early wrecks put us under yellow starting at Lap 4, Reza Maulana gets pushed onto the apron by the 55 of Ben Althen, the two make contact sending the 55 back into his teammate Mike Ehresman taking out a few others, Merzlak, Mahoney, the polesitter Craigo. Maulana would drive away unscathed, but this isn't the last we see of the 98. Lap 11, Maulana dives for pit road without warning, Caleb Farrell has to go wide to avoid rear-ending him. The 67 makes contact with fellow rookie Josh Remington, this would also involve Kunkel, Fogg, and Gray. Lap 22, We start to see the dominance that the DK trucks possessed last week as Dakota Caudill breaks away from the pack pushing Jon Peterson, the two DK trucks would become factors as we go later in the race. Lap 35, Joshua Hawkins leads the pack to win the opening stage taking the green and white checkered flag and grabbing that playoff point as well as 10 stage points. Retaliation under yellow, Connor Root and Tim Kunkel got into it during the Duel races and they weren't done yet. Coming down pit road Root pulls out directly in front of Kunkel as the 2 rear ends the 19. Lap 42, Stage Winner Joshua Hawkins tries to fit into a hole where he doesn't belong and gets turned by Joey Kraus creating a pileup taking out Maulana, Rogers, Jennings, and Hancock. Lap 47, back to green as Wichelman leads with the two DK trucks hooking up behind him, this didn't last long as on Lap 49, as J.R. Franklin makes contact with his BCA teammate sending the 95 into the wall. It comes down to the final twenty laps with only eleven trucks left on track Connor Root would play the field perfectly scoring the victory at Daytona!

Unfortunately for Root, he was unable to score sponsorship for this week (turn in a flat) and will be unable to continue until he does so. The second the green flag drops that will open up a playoff position as he will no longer be eligible for his win to count as an automatic playoff bid.

Race Info:
    Race length: 140 laps, 205 miles
    Stage 1: 70 laps
    Stage 2: 70 laps

Schedule:
    Thursday June 13, 2019:
    Opening Practice
    Qualifying
    Friday June 14, 2019:
    Final Practice
    Race (140 Laps, 205 miles)

2019 SRD Truck Entry List - Rockingham-1.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: I forgot to factor in stage points last week, the points standings have been revised below.
    2019 SRD Points Chart_Revised-1.jpg

2019 SRD Truck Series Participation-1.jpg

BrendonH12 and joeykraus19 like this.
  2. MWick4

Fogg Tops Opening Practice:
    P1.jpg
    2019 SRD Truck Practice - Rockingham-1.jpg
    NOTE: There is an error, Devin Mahoney is a member of DK Motorsports, not Lintz Motorsports.

3. MWick4

Ford Power! Althen Takes Pole, Fogg on Second Front Row of Season:
    Q.jpg
    SRD Truck Qualifying - Rockingham-1.jpg

joeykraus19 and Reza Maulana like this.
  4. matheus357

matheus357 Silent but present...

Fiorentini: "So far, we've been able to greatly improve the pace of this F-150. 9th isn't a bad starting spot and it's nice to see so many Fords up there. We're gonna keep working to make this truck even better come race day."

JBlanford74 likes this.
  5. TheRedHerring

TheRedHerring Well-Known Member

Feeling good about our chances today based on opening practice and qualifying. My teammate is nearby so a 1-2 finish is possible.

6. GambitJon

GambitJon #VeganRush

7: The SMR Tundra has about 13th place speed, I feel.

7. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

"Guess I got my wish this week haha. As for the Hoonigan Silver..... Sorry Toyota Tundra, real quick, boys at SMR really have this dialed up for this weekend. Gonna be really disappointed if we don't bring home at least a top 5."

8. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

"Just missed it in qualifying... showed great speed in first practice and hope to build on that speed throughout the remainder of the weekend. "

9. XxTeam48LowesXx

XxTeam48LowesXx Jimmie Johnson #Chasing8

"Very happy with our Thursday practice and qualifying results. I'll gladly take 7th and see what we can do from there."

thedude1987 likes this.
  10. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

"Not where we want to be right now, but to be fair our Truck program kinda hasn't quite got the sponsorship needed to do better."

11. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

"Damn, not a good qualifying for us in the Star Twinkle team. Considering the whole field is separated by 3 tenths of a second in Qualifying, I hope that we can gain an extra tenth or so for the Race."

12. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Totally screwed up my Q run. Wouldn't stay glued to the bottom, was wicked loose, and I messed up corner entry.

13. Tyler Jennings

Tyler Jennings Well-Known Member

"We have the speed so far, hoping we keep it for the race. Love this place and it's close to home, I want to capitalize on it."

14. MWick4

Opp Speed Continues; Harris Wins Final Practice:
    2019 SRD Truck Final Practice - Rockingham-1.jpg

Ceafus 88 and joeykraus19 like this.
  15. thedude1987

@thedude1987 "Great speed in Happy hour, that makes us feel confident heading into the race this weekend. As long as the high line comes into play we should be able to move forward."
    On his teammate: "Cody (@XxTeam48LowesXx ) will be good, his truck has shown some promise so we're not worried about that. Great starting position to roll with for him and the Ally Chevrolet."

On the race: "We'll have to "DODGE" the competition and "RAM" a few people out of the way but our Silverados should be up to par to compete with Opp's speed this weekend. Hopefully my IndyCar team owner "Dodge"s bad luck! lol

16. MWick4

[​IMG]

17. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

"Glad we finally found our speed there. Been a bit of a rough week with EMS, as we didn't get Root's truck squared away in time, and we've been lacking speed ourselves. We'll work through all of this though."

frow78 likes this.
  18. thedude1987

had to be the "bad guy" and get a reputation going... need the drama ;-P

BrendonH12 likes this.
  19. MWick4

The only bad guy you are is the one with bad puns :D

BrendonH12 and thedude1987 like this.
  20. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

@BrendonH12: "Glad to be at another one of my home tracks this week... I think we've got a pretty good Peterbilt Dodge, though the speed charts may not show it, I think it'll race just fine. Brett & Joey's trucks have shown speed at times this weekend as well, and hopefully we'll have an event-free race..."

On Everett Lintz' shots at BHR: "I don't think he knows what he's talking about... I mean, he starts ahead of all of us! I guess he knows he'll be dropping back while we're all making our way to the front. Besides, I think we all need to be focused on beating them Fords..."

Also, I found this pic of one of the Lintz trucks sitting outside of thier race shop...
    cc5508ea06b7f75d665f64679be35590.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    thedude1987 and MWick4 like this.