37 - Kroger Camaro - ATL Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

2020 Formula One Discussion

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score
Sweet paint scheme. White always looks good on F1 cars. I think with a Richard Mille sponsorship they can make up for not having Rich Energy.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Mercedes-AMG F1 welcomes INEOS on board as principal partner for the team in 2020 as they unveiled their car half an hour ago, not sure how long that partnership is set for.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yesterday had Ferrari's SF1000 and Red Bull's RB16 unveiled. Very little difference between these two from last year. Renault is in the middle of their launch program so I'll add another post with their livery.

Ferrari:

Red Bull:

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Since Renault didn't actually launch their livery or put out many good pictures of that car, I'll come back to them when they do. Anyways, McLaren launched their MCL35 today, and they made their papaya orange and blue design look even better than it did last year. Their launch even made it onto the Nasdaq screen in Times Square. I was gonna post this earlier today but my internet went to shit and I didn't get the chance to do it.

So in terms of teams still yet to launch for 2020, we have Alpha Tauri scheduled for tomorrow, Racing Point and Williams scheduled for the 17th, Alfa Romeo for the 19th and Haas' actual car reveal slated for the 19th as well.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Alfa Romeo has revealed their livery already (they are scheduled to launch for the 19th) in a test at Barcelona. They have ORLEN coming over from Williams' sponsorship to join Alfa as the title partner for 2020. Alpha Tauri (previously Toro Rosso) will be launched in 5 hours from now.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
And as I posted earlier today, Alpha Tauri has unveiled their AT01 chassis for 2020. Very beautiful livery.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
It's a really cool scheme, and it makes complete sense to put other marketing opportunities on the cars rather than having two teams essentially advertising the same thing, but I am really going to miss those Toro Rosso cars with the offset colors

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
ROKiT Williams Racing has unveiled their 2020 livery, and while it's still a toothpaste tube it's not as bad as last year's. We've now got a Colgate colour scheme instead of some off-brand, no-name stuff.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Racing Point F1 will not be sponsored by Sportpesa this year. Instead, BWT will be their title partner for 2020 featuring a giant logo that takes up half of each side of the car. Very big downgrade from last year's paint scheme.

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Australian Grand Prix Weekend Schedule (all times Eastern)

Practice 1 - Thursday, March 12 @ 8.55PM on ESPNEWS
Practice 2 - Friday, March 13 @ 12.55AM on ESPNEWS
Practice 3 - Friday, March 13 @ 10.55AM on ESPNEWS
Qualifying - Saturday, March 14 @ 1:55AM on ESPN2
Pre-Race - Sunday, March 15 @ 12.30AM on ESPN
Race - Sunday, March 15 @ 1:05AM on ESPN

mtblillie

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing that F1 will bump a race if any team is unable to make it to the race due to travel restrictions or the Corona virus.

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
McLaren withdraw from the Australian GP after team member contracts coronavirus
McLaren have confirmed they are withdrawing from the Australian Grand Prix after a member of the team tested positive for the coronavirus.

All 10 Formula 1 teams arrived in Melbourne this week ready to take part in the first race of the 2020 season at the Albert Park circuit, but on Thursday McLaren released a statement announcing that they, and drivers Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris, would not take part in the event.

The statement read: “McLaren Racing has confirmed this evening in Melbourne that it has withdrawn from the 2020 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix, following the positive test of a team member for the coronavirus. The team member was tested and self-isolated as soon as they started to show symptoms and will now be treated by local healthcare authorities.

“The team has prepared for this eventuality and has ongoing support in place for its employee who will now enter a period of quarantine. The team is cooperating with the relevant local authorities to assist their investigations and analysis.

“Zak Brown, CEO of McLaren Racing, and Andreas Seidl, Team Principal of McLaren F1, informed Formula 1 and the FIA of the decision this evening. The decision has been taken based on a duty of care not only to McLaren F1 employees and partners, but also to the team’s competitors, Formula 1 fans and wider F1 stakeholders.”

A statement issued by Formula 1 read: "Following the outcome of the test on a member the McLaren team, Formula 1 and the FIA have been in close contact with them on their decision and have been coordinating with all the relevant authorities on the next steps. Our priority is the safety of the fans, the teams and all personnel at the race."

mtblillie

SRD Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they will scrub the race all together