It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Next year's season of 'Drive to Survive' will be interesting

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
It's been reported that Sebastian Vettel will leave Ferrari at the end of the season after not being able to agree with Ferrari on a new contract. If that is the case, silly season has begun. A lot of quality drivers will be eyeing that seat.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/52612216

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
After Vettel confirmed his departure from Ferrari, the hot rumor now is that Carlos Sainz will be going to Ferrari, while Daniel Ricciardo will take his seat at McLaren. These deals could be finalized as soon as this weekend.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/52627900
IMO, it's the right move for everyone involved. Ferrari's focus is clearly on Leclerc, Sainz has performed beyond what the McLaren was capable of, and Danny Ric is getting away from the underperforming Cyril and Renault.

mtblillie

SRD Member
Reaction score
IMO, it's the right move for everyone involved. Ferrari's focus is clearly on Leclerc, Sainz has performed beyond what the McLaren was capable of, and Danny Ric is getting away from the underperforming Cyril and Renault.
Agreed, this is going to be a bigger shake up than last year's silly season

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score
I think this all but guarantees that Vettel will be done, which seems crazy. I've seen the rumor of him to Mercedes, but that just seems like an implausible combination. It sucks because Vettel is my favorite, but I think he kinda rubbed some people wrong at Ferrari.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
New paint scheme for Williams after ROKiT's departure:

And weirdly enough, 2 days ago Motorsport wrote an article claiming that ROKiT is set to sponsor Mercedes F1...which is rather interesting. I thought that ROKiT might have been the issue at Williams (maybe a Rich Energy sort of deal, minus the social media stunts), but that might not be the case...

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Williams will never return to their glory days, which is a shame.

They need massive amounts of funding for R&D to keep up throughout the season. A sponsor will want ROI and TV time right away so IMO they will be more whiling to spend more to be on a front running/winning team car.

The only other possible way to return to the front would be to partner with an engine manufacturer and become a works team again like with BMW.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Mercedes-AMG F1 have unveiled a new livery for the season as we head into the first race of the shortened season. This scheme is a pledge to "improve the diversity" of the team and the sport, and is a signal of the "Team’s commitment to fighting racism and discrimination in all its forms."

CCM284

SRD Member
Reaction score
Fernando Alonso is set to return to Renault in 2021 after signing a 2 year deal with the team. Announcement is expected for later this week.

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Great homecoming... but a waste of time IMO.

I don't think Renault will give him the car he needs otherwise Danny Ric would have stayed. Also, is Alonso really hungry enough for it?

mtblillie

SRD Member
Reaction score
Great homecoming... but a waste of time IMO.

I don't think Renault will give him the car he needs otherwise Danny Ric would have stayed. Also, is Alonso really hungry enough for it?
Ricardo is looking for that team that will give him a championship. I have no idea why he left Red Bull just to go to Renault

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
A works team in theory should do better. Red Bull is still having mechanical/reliability issues... look at Max in Austria 1.

CCM284

SRD Member
Reaction score
Formula 1 announces 3 more rounds will be added to the 2020 schedule in the form of Imola, Portimao, and the Nurburgring.

However, they are added at the expense of the American leg of the schedule as they also announced that Canada, Austin, Mexico, and Brazil have officially been cancelled for 2020.

Daven

University Student
Reaction score
I think of the new tracks added to this year's schedule, Portimao, Imola and potentially Nurburgring have a good shot of being permanently on the schedule from here on out. Mugello I feel is just a temporary race for this year only. Certainly Portimao has the best chance as a revival of the Portuguese Grand Prix.

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Imola spent a lot of money upgrading the pits/complex over the years. Nürburgring is normally great, always a mix with possible weather.

Daven

University Student
Reaction score
One slight thing is this year's Imola round isn't going to be called San Marino (like it should be).