Latest resources

NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene MattyO
NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene for Max8 and above.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Car Viewer Files MattyO
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Templates 2048 x 2048 MattyO
2048 x 2048 Templates in PSD format.
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
32 Corey LaJoie 2020 Schluter Systems Ford Mustang JNieder51188
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2020 NXS17 Xfinity batch 3 canadienhits
24 Xfinity cars from the 2020 season.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

3DOs Not Loading in Sandbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was going to try editing Infineon Revamped for my own purposes - I was never really satisfied with how the curbing was in some areas... I unpacked the track and then opened it, but all the objects disappeared and didn't show up in either Sandbox nor the sim. I did my homework and Googled the issue, and I found two potential causes:

-The track state variable was not set to the default state of 2

-Too many unnecessary mips and 3do's in the track folder

HOWEVER, the first is not the problem. So I assume my problem would be #2. My problem is, how do I know what the track is using and what it is not? I haven't added any mips or 3d0's to the folder, so why does it work fine until I open the track in Sandbox?

Any help is appreciated - this happens with a lot of tracks.

Brandon Howe

Track Creator at NR Track Designs
SRD Member
Reaction score
This was happening to me. What I did was place the shared folder, my unpack folders, and a copy of sandbox onto a flashdrive. It fixed the issue immediately

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
That's interesting, let me try that out. Thanks :)

***Edit***

This didn't work, although I don't think I have the folders on the flash drive set up like you likely had yours. I just have the track folder, a folder with sandbox and related files, and then my shared folder. No luck.

Last edited:

Brandon Howe

SRD Member
Reaction score
Here is how mine is setup inside my flash drive. The highlighted folders are the ones that pertain to Sandbox/nr2003. Most of what's highlighted are tracks, but the two important ones are sandbox and shared.

Basically I have it setup the way Nr2003 has the tracks folder setup + the sandbox folder inside of it.

Also, is this problem occurring with all tracks that you open, or is it just at this specific one.

I remember for Lime Rock I would get an issue where a good bit of the 3d0's wouldn't load, but certain 3do's would. I got around that by opening up the original base ptf, then opening the current ptf [Lime_Rock_BH_x.ptf]. Usually that would fix it, but if not I would just keep repeating the process.

But now, all of my tracks in my actual tracks folder from NR open, but do not open certain 3do's like grandstands or infield buildings, and also all TSD's disappear. I fixed that by placing them into the flash drive installation and working from in there.

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well hey, that worked like a charm! Unfortunately I have to redo my edits, but they took me all of five minutes so that's fine lol. Just dragging around some curbing anyway. Thanks for the help!

J Rock

SRD Member
Reaction score
Here is how mine is setup inside my flash drive. The highlighted folders are the ones that pertain to Sandbox/nr2003. Most of what's highlighted are tracks, but the two important ones are sandbox and shared.

Basically I have it setup the way Nr2003 has the tracks folder setup + the sandbox folder inside of it.

Also, is this problem occurring with all tracks that you open, or is it just at this specific one.

I remember for Lime Rock I would get an issue where a good bit of the 3d0's wouldn't load, but certain 3do's would. I got around that by opening up the original base ptf, then opening the current ptf [Lime_Rock_BH_x.ptf]. Usually that would fix it, but if not I would just keep repeating the process.

But now, all of my tracks in my actual tracks folder from NR open, but do not open certain 3do's like grandstands or infield buildings, and also all TSD's disappear. I fixed that by placing them into the flash drive installation and working from in there.
Have never heard of having this kind of issue as Yogurt has described...let alone setting up sandbox and unpacked tracks in such a manner...:ehh:

Am curious as to whether you have tried to make a separate "working track directory" that is independent of the NR2003 itself???...following the same kind of idea with the flash drive??

Also, wondering the purpose for the flash drive??...is it a capacity issue??...

Was just curious....

Thanks....:D

Brandon Howe

SRD Member
Reaction score
Have never heard of having this kind of issue as Yogurt has described...let alone setting up sandbox and unpacked tracks in such a manner...:ehh:

Am curious as to whether you have tried to make a separate "working track directory" that is independent of the NR2003 itself???...following the same kind of idea with the flash drive??

Also, wondering the purpose for the flash drive??...is it a capacity issue??...

Was just curious....

Thanks....:D
As long as sandbox can access the track unpack folder and the shared folder in the same directory it's fine. I just have sandbox in the flash drive for the purpose of being able to work on tracks if I have time and I'm not at home.

J Rock

SRD Member
Reaction score
As long as sandbox can access the track unpack folder and the shared folder in the same directory it's fine. I just have sandbox in the flash drive for the purpose of being able to work on tracks if I have time and I'm not at home.
That is actually pretty good idea...:-O...be it that sandbox doesn't necessarily require to be installed to a specific directory as like most software applications would in order to function....;)

I like this idea for the fact it's not only portable and can plug it into practically ANY system ...but also the files are automatically backed up if choose to transfer them directly to another system....

Typically, I use two separate HDDs...one for backup and one as a "working directory" to actively and directly work on tracks from ONE system...I've NEVER been a fan of editing tracks directly from the game track directory...to me, I feel this asking for trouble and is just a BIG no no....XD...

Up til now, only on the seldom occasion do I transfer to a flash/thumb drive to either transfer to another system or to backup....

Brandon Howe

SRD Member
Reaction score
That is actually pretty good idea...:-O...be it that sandbox doesn't necessarily require to be installed to a specific directory as like most software applications would in order to function....;)

I like this idea for the fact it's not only portable and can plug it into practically ANY system ...but also the files are automatically backed up if choose to transfer them directly to another system....

Typically, I use two separate HDDs...one for backup and one as a "working directory" to actively and directly work on tracks from ONE system...I've NEVER been a fan of editing tracks directly from the game track directory...to me, I feel this asking for trouble and is just a BIG no no....XD...

Up til now, only on the seldom occasion do I transfer to a flash/thumb drive to either transfer to another system or to backup....
Most of my recent work on tracks has been done in my Digital Tech class. I just work straight off of the flash drive. I even have WinMip and 3dSimed working on it, as well as having all of the CS5 series of Adobe products already installed on the school computers.

Pretty much a mini workstation for me XD

J Rock

SRD Member
Reaction score
Most of my recent work on tracks has been done in my Digital Tech class. I just work straight off of the flash drive. I even have WinMip and 3dSimed working on it, as well as having all of the CS5 series of Adobe products already installed on the school computers.

Pretty much a mini workstation for me XD
Nice...way to be resourceful.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.