1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

3M leaves Biffle for Gordon in 2015, effect on Roush?

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by MillsLayne, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillsLayne

MillsLayne 2x Champ, guys.

2. jordanvile

jordanvile Godspeed, Justin Wilson

I read on Jayski.com today that 3M is leaving Roush-Fenway Racing at the end of this season, to begin a partnership next year with Hendrick and Gordon. What does this mean for Biffle?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  3. PMax

PMax Well-Known Member

3M partnering with Hendrick to sponsor Gordon: 3M will join 11-time Sprint Cup Series champions Hendrick Motorsports beginning with the 2015 NASCAR season when it will become a primary sponsor of driver Jeff Gordon and his #24 Chevy SS team. The new relationship will feature 3M as a primary sponsor in 11 Sprint Cup races annually and as an associate-level partner in all other events. The agreement covers the 2015, 2016 and 2017 NASCAR seasons. All five of 3M's business units, which comprise more than $31 billion in annual sales, will use the sponsorship in consumer promotions, product launches and business-to-business opportunities. With more than 65 of its products used in the construction and maintenance of Sprint Cup Series race cars, 3M for decades has played a key role in the success of NASCAR teams. The company manufactures more than 80,000 different products and has been an official NASCAR partner across several categories since 1995.(Hendrick Motorsports)(8-12-2014)

Could we see Greg Biffle leaving next year to a other team because of this?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  4. Nitro

Nitro Well-Known Member

5. jordanvile

Roush already came out to the media back at Indianapolis and said his driver lineup for 2015 is Ricky, Biffle, and Bayne. Bayne (AdvoCare) and Ricky (Fastenal) are set for 2015. I really don't know what's ahead for the Biff, but as you guys are discussing in the Jeff Gordon thread, we are witnessing the demolition of Roush's team. Roush does have one shot left at a diamond in the rough (Chris Buescher) but idk if you even can call that a shot worth taking.

6. PMax

PMax Well-Known Member

They sure hell aren't palling on wining a championship anytime soon

1 person likes this.
  7. Nitro

Nitro Well-Known Member

I think in a couple years, you'll see Penske as the only competitive Ford team left, just like they were with Dodge.

5 people like this.
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Wheeze

I thought 3M was sponsoring every race except Charlotte this year, but it seems now, as if they have pulled out immediately. Roush Performance is on the 16 this weekend.

9. DanicaFan

DanicaFan Well-Known Member

Well I guess Gordon will be still in for a while, so all speculation for Chase going in the #24 is off.

Gonna be weird seeing 3M on Gordon.

1 person likes this.
  10. PMax

PMax Well-Known Member

You will start see more Toyota. I'm not sure this right but my friend told me RPM might be changing to Toyota. Ford losing alot.

11. evan07

evan07 Well-Known Member

I usually don't like any of the 3M cars, but still hate to see them leave biffle.

RPM is not going to Toyota for 2015 at least. They have actually made some strong gains this year. Honestly it's not a what's wrong with Ford thing it's more of a why are the Hendrick Chevy's so good. I wouldn't want to make the swap to Toyota since Ford has pretty much out performed them this year.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  12. jordanvile

It was rumored a while back that they would, but they are sticking with Ford. Not exactly sure why. Might have been something with the Smithfield extension, but hey. They put a Ford in the chase, so why not keep Ford?

13. PMax

PMax Well-Known Member

As much people say they don't like Toyota in NASCAR. You are going see more of them. They won every truck race but one this year.I can see more team going in Nationwide and Cup using them. Toyota are going be ones beat in NASCAR

14. evan07

evan07 Well-Known Member

They won almost every truck race because they are the only manufacture that fully supports their truck teams. But yeah I'm not really a fan of them in Cup. There's no fun manufacture rivalry for Toyota. Toyota talks a big game and throws money around but teams need to be careful they will get up leave if things don't go there way.

15. PMax

PMax Well-Known Member

Toyota will be around for awhile. sad to see the Ford losing drivers.

16. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

Toyota isn't going to be the ones to beat in Cup anytime soon. Every year it seems one particular team and manufacturer hit it, and everyone plays catch-up. Hendrick is the only team that consistently is a frontrunner every week of every season. Last year everyone was singing Toyota's praises with Kenseth's domination but this year Toyota is behind the Chevys and Penske's Fords. And while Roush may be in a downswing right now, it's not like it was a decade ago that Roush DOMINATED the plate tracks (2012 anyone?). Just a year or two ago, Ford had the strongest engines by far. This is a sport that ebbs and flows week in, week out. Roush is certainly not a powerhouse team, but I don't think they are completely falling apart. Biffle is a capable driver and I'd be stunned if he didn't have some kind of sponsorship next season. Stenhouse proved he was solid in NNS and has yet to put it together in Cup, but he has certainly had his fair share of bad luck this season, and Bayne is obviously talented and I think he'll be competitive off the bat next season.

So bottom line if you didn't read all of that is that Roush is in a slump but they're not in a freefall and the sport constantly is changing, and some teams and manufacturers do a better job of staying ahead of those changes.

Also, I moved some posts from the Jeff Gordon thread to this and slightly renamed it. Please keep all comments related to Biffle and Roush's future in this thread, and comment about Jeff Gordon in this thread: http://www.simracingdesign.com/nascar-discussion/52464-drive-end-hunger-back-24-2015-13-races.html

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  17. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

That's not good for RFR, I wonder if they have a sponsor for Greg? I would think RFR has something lined up since they just signed Greg again.

18. Nitro

Nitro Well-Known Member

The good news is Jeff is now fully sponsored for next season.

From the Fox Sports website

19. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

Looks like 3M found a better deal.

Only 11 races on the #24 is much less of a yearly commitment than nearly every race on the #16 like they were doing. If I had to guess, I'd say Roush demanded the whole season take it or leave it, and 3M left it.

20. evan07

evan07 Well-Known Member

And with Roush being in the state they are in 11 races with Gordon is probably equal to if not better than 36 with Biffle. They will likely have a better shot to win with Jeff. That is of course if things do not change with Roush's performance and it very well could.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.