Latest resources

2018 Formula 1 Carset BryceO84
2018 Formula Carset for the FORMULA 1 Mod by VSR.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - CrashClaimR.US Camry - CAL daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
61 - Pit Boss Camry - PHO1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
13 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Aaron Fike is Reinstated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
NASCAR PR said:
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Aug. 21, 2012) – NASCAR has reinstated driver Aaron Fike upon his successful completion of NASCAR’s Substance Abuse Policy Road to Recovery Program. Fike had been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR July 11, 2007 for actions detrimental to stock car racing.
Candidate for the #22 car in 2013? XD

In all seriousness it's good to see that he has apparently made the choice to get & stay clean.

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
Wasn't he the one who admitted to using heroin on race days? Call me skeptical but anyone who admits to racing a truck under the influence of heroin shouldn't just be able to walk through the road to recovery then be fully reinstated.

Though, for all we know he has weekly drug tests, he's closely monitored, we just dunno the rest of it, but from that short article, it looks like he's simply passed the road to recovery. There's hope for AJ yet :p

RP Motorsports

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
About a month ago, I heard this could end up happening "soon". So I was very happy to hear it on Sirius today.

A friend of a relative who's in the business, knows the Fike's very well. Without putting all of his stuff out there, I can tell you he's gone through some real intensive rehabilitation over the past several years. And not because of NASCAR, but because he realized thats what he needed to do to save his life.

For those who arent familiar, him and his girlfriend were caught and arrested in a parking lot shooting dope in his truck. He then came out and admitted to using on a few occasions right before taking the green flag.

Very few addicts take the steps he and his girlfriend have taken to get right. They've both been able to turn their lives around, and they have a beautiful baby to show for it. Personally, I'm really happy for him (and her for that matter). They've come a long way, and to see him get reinstated by NASCAR on top of it, is just awesome stuff. Redemption exists, and some people really do deserve a second chance.

JKB#7

SRD Member
Reaction score
Good to see he clean up I was a fan of his in midgets and trucks.

Relly

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
As someone who had a very close friend who died due to drug overdose, it always pleases me when I see someone get help and get sober, when you're in that state it's difficult to admit you have a problem and that you need help. I applaud Aaron and hope he can continue down the right path.

I'm not sure if there's a team or sponsor out there willing to take a chance on him but I hope someone does, although it would be quite the obstacle, I imagine, to hop back in a racecar after being away for 3+ years.

BillyJack79

20+ Years of Sim Racing
SRD Member
Reaction score
This is great for Fike, even though it might not get him back into a NASCAR ride. Also benefits AJ Allmendinger, because it shows that NASCAR's Road to Recovery can be completed. Jeremy Mayfield should be taking notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.