1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

AI coming to IRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by FastCat, Jan 12, 2018.

1. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Some people actually do lol I kid you not, I've seen people in almost full racing outfits, complete with a racing 'rig' (racing seat bolted to a pedal/wheel mounting set) with wheels/pedals that cost over 1000 bucks, with huge TV's or multimonitor mounts. And more often than not, those are the same people that eat the wall within the first 10 laps lmao

D0rant likes this.
  2. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

I mean... whatever floats their boat I guess :D but it's also funny when they take it so serious. If iRacing is such a great sim, why do motorsports teams use rFactor Pro for training and collecting data? :cool:

3. joeykraus19

joeykraus19 Well-Known Member

you can change the camera view, but only in hosted sessions that allow it

4. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I suppose when playing with the upcoming AI, it will allow to change the camera.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  5. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

I purchased a year membership last November thinking AI would come out. They set those expectations. I won't be making this mistake again.

D0rant and mtblillie like this.
  6. chevy29

chevy29 Well-Known Member

LOL iRacing is NR2K3 with the AI removed and now they can't place it back in !!

D0rant likes this.
  7. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you, bud :cool:

8. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

iRacing is an online racing sim made by a dev group that used to be a big chunk of papyrus and bought the rights to essentially continue what papyrus starting in racing sims. iRacing was never designed to have AI as an online platform, kind of like how the online racing for NR2003 never had an AI option.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  9. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Then why are they doing it now? Did they realize online only racing games aren't going to attract that many continuous users? Does anybody have users statistics year in year out that iRacing has had throughout the years?

10. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

Well I can assume from the fact that they are still going steady and have been expanding that they attract a steady number of users, but that would just be a guess.

11. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

@D0rant your routine is getting old with the iRacing bashing. Give it a rest for us please. We need it.

Tetronix likes this.
  12. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Bashing? I can't wait to race in it against the AI, man. Just because I'm a perfectionist, doesn't mean I hate the game or its' creators.