1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

AI hitting the Nitrous Button

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Matt Baker, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Matt Baker

Matt Baker Active Member

So I was trying to pass an AI car at my Michigan 2017 track (soon to be released) and all of a sudden it hit the nitrous button down the straight and took off. I then noticed that other AI drivers were doing this as well. I was in the middle of recording one of the laps to get the top speed, when the game crashed. Here's the tape from youtube. Has this happened to anyone else? In the 14 years I've owned this game, I don't think I've even seen this.

2. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Looks like your AI drag is set too low. Maybe turn that up in the ini. I know turning the drag way down can make the cars go 1000's of miles per hour, so that's probably it

3. Matt Baker

Matt Baker Active Member

The AI's drag is 0.97 in the track ini file. The other odd thing is, of the cars that were on track, only 4 seemed to have the ability to press the nitrous button. I did a 200 lap race to test if this happened again and I couldn't replicate it.

4. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

That's bizarre, I've never seen that before then

5. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Simplest and most logical explanation in this case would be car ratings, especially since you said it's only selected few out of all the AI cars that were able to do that. Engine ratings and Aero ratings actually can have a huge impact on the AI cars.

6. pimmy

pimmy Well-Known Member

I've only had that happen once. Years ago in a practice session at default Daytona, one car suddenly started going about 230 mph. Haven't seen it since.

7. 2guns

2guns Member

very interesting. But great job on the track. cant wait for its release

8. CJL5

CJL5 Owner of EcoBoost Racing

Haven't seen that before. Maybe they're using push to pass? Lol

Track looks great btw

Darren Ingram likes this.
  9. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

I've had a similar problem, though at Dover. Turned out adaptive speed control was on (as the comment on the video also says)

Not sure if this is your issue, but it seems a bit similar

InsideLine likes this.
  10. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 I Am Indy

I don't think it has to do with Adaptive Speed Control. When I race at Dega Bullet I have it off and after about half an hour of practice one or two cars put the MWR rocket fuel in and hit 280-300 all the way around the track.

11. starsxxx

starsxxx Well-Known Member

I've had that happen to me in practice at Talladega 2015.
    I was messing and crashing around like usual, Jimmie Johnson got wreck, but then once he merged onto the back after he reset he hit the push to pass and gone 40 mph faster than everyone else.

Weirdo_O