1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Alex's 2020 Fictionals Showroom

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by AlexMiller, Nov 26, 2019.

1. AlexMiller

AlexMiller Well-Known Member

Thought I'd make a showroom and show off some of my work for once.

Just fictional schemes based off of announcements during the offseason, and rumors as well(which you'll see later at some point).

Starting off with Trucks, because I've never been fond of the way the CWS15 Templates are laid out so I thought I'd start by getting the pain out of the way.

First group, GMS totally not unsponsored for a race paint squad!
    #2 Sheldon Creed Chevy Accessories.png
    #23 Tyler Ankrum Chevy Accessories.png
    #24 Brett Moffitt A.png
    #25 Zane Smith Chevy Accessories.png
    Featuring my pitiful attempt at a #25 in GMS's current font.

2. AlexMiller

Forgot credits like an idiot, credits for everything in this thread:
    Numbers: BigEvilRacing, occasionally DiecastCharv, XuticX if I use a number set
    Logos: Stunod, and many sites around the internet(mostly just Google images), some are made by me
    Driver Sigs: Some by me, most from around the web
    Templates: Truck templates by SkylineRacing93, Xfinity Templates by SRD(because I refuse to use the Supra one), Cup templates by SnG
    Renders: TMS Render System

3. Thunder98

Thunder98 Well-Known Member

InsideLine likes this.
  4. AlexMiller

Haven't posted anything here in over a week, so here's a singular truck!
    #18 Christian Eckes Safelite.png
    (Safelite has used the same scheme for like 5 years now so I really didn't do anything creative here)

And a bonus Bill McAnally truck because I forgot I painted this 2 weeks ago!
    70237262_1_21323.png

5. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

Nice work!

6. AlexMiller

Reviving this dead thread with some random cars I've done over the past month. Mostly Xfinity stuff because idk I just wanted to do some Xfinity stuff.

Most of these are for my 2020 Simulation so a lot of weird fictional changes to drivers and teams in this now.
    (PS, yes that is Brendan Gaughan in a #54 for Gibbs)

Kaulig Racing:
    #10: Ross Chastain
    2020_10_RossChastain_Nutrien.png
    #11: Justin Haley
    2020__11_JustinHaley_LeafFilter.png

Joe Gibbs Racing:
    #20: Harrison Burton(Rookie)
    2020_20_HarrisonBurton_DEXImaging.png
    #54: Brendan Gaughan(Plate Races Only)
    2020_54_BrendanGaughan_SouthPoint.png

Stewart-Haas Racing:
    #00: Chase Briscoe
    2020_00_ChaseBriscoe_NurtiChomps.png

7. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

All of these are very well done! :)

8. AlexMiller

Have been working on some schemes over the last month or so since I posted, just never put them in here.

First up, Derek Kraus ENEOS Truck that I made to go along with the NAPA one seen earlier in this:
    2020 #19 Derek Kraus ENEOS.png

Next, Tyler Ankrum LiUNA! Truck that I made after Daytona:
    2020 #23 Tyler Ankrum LiUNA!.png
    (The number is 23 since I had already made the Chevy Accessories scheme months back with a 23 before GMS numbers were confirmed, so no use changing it now)

And finally, what if Ricky Stenhouse Jr and JTG Daugherty teamed up with GMS to run the 2020 Dirt Derby?(Or I guess you could also say what if they teamed up to go for the Kyle Busch Bounty)
    2020 #47 Ricky Stenhouse Jr NOS Energy.png

9. AlexMiller

Returning to this again after almost 2 months.
    In just a few weeks, I will be kicking off the 12th season of my fictional NR Series, the DirecTV Cup Series.
    I thought I'd share the paints here.

Every driver in this is a fictional driver, every team is fictional as well. The only real things are the sponsors and the tracks, and even some sponsors are made up as well.
    This series is moved to the Cup 03-05 mod by Splash N' Go this year. Instead of the 2007 Cup mod that I've been using.

The series is a short track series mainly. Think Super Cup Stock Car Series or maybe classic ASA. It's based in the Northeast US, where I'm from. But it does travel more South and to the Midwest occasionally.

Anyways, main backstory down, time for more!
    #2 Dave Gordon Race 1.PNG
    Jack Griffin Racing returns to the series in 2020. This team has existed in some form every season since the 5th season, whether that be part-time or full-time. Owner Jack Griffin will continue to drive when needed, but every other race will be any driver that can bring sponsorship to the team.

That isn't to say these "pay drivers" have no talent though. Meet Dave Gordon, a 40 year old US Veteran from Massachusetts. From age 20 to age 26, he served in the US Military. After choosing to no longer serve, he came home and spent every last penny he had on a racecar to follow his childhood dream. And he killed it, winning multiple titles throughout local divisions. He will be making his DirecTV Cup debut at Lucas Oil Raceway in the season opener this season. His sponsor, SupportOurVets.org, has sponsored him for multiple years.

But a piece of history will be made when he makes his start. Dave will be the first driver from Massachusetts to make a start in the DirecTV Cup Series.

Buescher37 likes this.
  10. AlexMiller

#11 David Roberts Arctic Cat.PNG

XX Motorsports is basically the Joe Gibbs Racing of the DirecTV Cup. Toyota backing, multiple cars, and basically dominates season to season. In fact, they have won 3 of the last 4 championships on both team and driver sides.
    The driver champ all three times was David Roberts.

David is from Sailor Springs, Illinois. His father and his grandfather both raced dirt tracks throughout the Midwest. But, David from a young age loved NASCAR, and his heart fell towards pavement. Once David got out of karts, he begged and pleaded with his father to get a pavement car, his father said if you win a race in your first year on dirt, I'll get you a pavement car.

David won 5 races at his local track in his rookie year, a record that stands to this day. David's dad reluctantly brought him a pavement street stock, and from there, David went on a tear, winning title after title.

Surprisingly though, it took David 8 years to win his first title in the DirecTV Cup Series, in which he then won two titles in a row in 2016 and 2017, and then winning the 2019 title.

Being the defending champion, David has a target on his back this season, but he's used to the pressure at this point. He sports a new look for the Arctic Cat Toyota, as Arctic Cat felt a new decade was the perfect time to change what had become David's signature look. However, he still sports the black, white, and neon green that the fans have come to know him for, so he won't be hard to miss out on track.

Buescher37 and BrendonH12 like this.
  11. AlexMiller

Reviving this thread after exactly one month(unintentionally got that timing perfect).

Here are a few cars I painted for my 2020 Cup Series simulation(there are more but I haven't transferred the renders over to my new PC yet)

#27: Gray Gaulding(unsponsored Camaro for Premium Motorsports that will attempt to make the spring race at Phoenix)
    #27 Gray Gaulding PHO1-min.png

#54: Bayley Currey(Jacob Companies Camaro for Rick Ware Racing, will attempt the spring race at Las Vegas)
    #54 Bayley Currey LV1-min.png

#91: Brandon Jones(Interstate Batteries Toyota as a fifth entry for Joe Gibbs, as I already simmed the Daytona Duels, I can confirm Brandon raced his way into the Daytona 500)
    #91 Brandon Jones Interstate Batteries-min.png

12. AlexMiller

One fresh off the assembly line.

#15: Brennan Poole(Remember Everyone Deployed Camaro for Premium Motorsports, basically just his truck scheme from Charlotte on a Cup Series car)
    #15 Brennan Poole RED-min.png

normM, JRGM78 and Buescher37 like this.