1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Ambrose talks up iRacing on Trackside!

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by DPawlak, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DPawlak

DPawlak Well-Known Member

I gonna have to ask my mom if that is O.K.

1 person likes this.
  2. DPawlak

So if I win... do I need my kid brother to blast me with a Super Soaker to "simulate" Victory Lane?

Dave

3. Fisha695

Fisha695 Well-Known Member

Never seen a super-Soaker in a real life Victory lane, but if that's your thing.

Bottom line is it's not realistic unless you can experience realistic effects.

4. marcusl26

marcusl26 Well-Known Member

There's a difference between the terms "Real" and "Realistic". There are different categories of the "game" that attempt to be real, or in other terms realistic. The physics of the cars and the making of the tracks aim to be "Realistic." Unfortunately you will not be able to die or be injured in iRacing due to the inability of the iRacing staff to make that area "Realistic." If this keeps you from buying the product than I apologize, but I urge you to reconsider.

PS: If you change your mind and want to subscribe I would like your referral, please.

*Note: The bottom half of my post is sarcastic in an attempt to be comical. Unfortunately, I will probably fail. Please, don't ban me.

5. DPawlak

maybe at some point injuries will be implemented in a future build of iRacing... see you in the care center.

6. Fisha695

No what keeps me from buying the product is the fact that I'd rather put money towards a real racecar (currently saving up, almost there) instead of a video game and all the "flavor of the month" accessories that go with it. The fact that none of these games (nr03, ASR, rFactor, IRacing, GTR, etc) are what they claim to be is just icing on the cake.

7. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

Fine, buy youur car and leave us alone:(

1 person likes this.
  8. DPawlak

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc-Woa9miZM"]YouTube - Human Force Feedback[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  9. marcusl26

marcusl26 Well-Known Member

I don't think any of those sim titles ever said you would have the option to die, or feel G-forces. Comparing these games to real life is just dumb. I mean come on how pissed is some 13 year old mom's gonna be when she walks in his room and finds him dead. Well ma'am you should of read them there details on the box better because death, well, it IS a factory installed option.

The fact of the matter is these simulations were all created to recreate real racing without the factors that you apparently desire. Simulations are created to remove the danger and money factor's that are involved in real racing. Obviously what you are looking for in racing can only be achieved by actually doing.

Also comparing the cheapest forms of motor sports to even the most expensive simulators is foolish. I can't even R/C race for $156 a year, and that's only including track fees. And R/C racing won't even allow me to die or feel G-forces. Damn them there R/C manufacturers.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
    3 people like this.
  10. chevy29

chevy29 Well-Known Member

Fisha695 are you saying that NASA's shuttle sim is not realistic ???

11. John Gregorio

John Gregorio Well-Known Member

I laughed a lot reading this thread.

12. DPawlak

where you simulating laughing or only laughing...

Dave

13. Kevin_McAdams

Kevin_McAdams Well-Known Member Banned

Dave if he felt real effects of laughter it's almost impossible to know the difference. Damn this technology

14. Fisha695

Like I said, unless it can realistically simulate everything involved and everything possible involved it's not realistic.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.