Updated

Arca Brakes!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I have done a lot searching for a fix for ai car slamming into a stopped car or cars and slowing down about 50 feet away from a spinning car. I want to revise some posts I made about this problem and make it more understandable. So... I am at a super speedway like Daytona. There is not a big of a pack and there is a 2nd pack of cars about 12 car lengths back. Oh no a car spins and everyone avoids. But the cars in the second pack slam into the car at 100 mph becuase they slow down. Some car move out of the way to avoid and just one slam in which is the lead car of the pack. He did not slow down until 50 feet away and only if the car is in its projected line. That is the problem how can I make them not Arca brake and have them brake more like 1000 feet away.

Also . Big wreck blocking the track. The second pack of cars will not slow down until 50 feet away. Also far more worse on the apron in a turn.
In my track ini I tried.to play with
Ai decel modifier= 1.10
Ai panic decel= 3.2
Ai dlongpad scale 1000.0

I am using the revamped reloaded papy ai.

Last edited:

Goblin

SRD Member
Reaction score
Taking a look inside my papy_ai, I saw a few lines that may apply to this:

driver_consistency_to_dlong_lookahead_dev

driver_consistency_to_dlat_lookahead_dev

Not 100% sure if increasing the lookahead would solve the problem, but it might be worth a try.

hammer26tn

SRD Member
Reaction score
Taking a look inside my papy_ai, I saw a few lines that may apply to this:

driver_consistency_to_dlong_lookahead_dev

driver_consistency_to_dlat_lookahead_dev

Not 100% sure if increasing the lookahead would solve the problem, but it might be worth a try.
Actually, I do believe that the "driver_consistency_to_dlong_lookahead_dev" is the line used to solve issues with AI drivers to judge the distance to the car(s) in front of itself. Not sure if it helps with track obstructions

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Actually, I do believe that the "driver_consistency_to_dlong_lookahead_dev" is the line used to solve issues with AI drivers to judge the distance to the car(s) in front of itself. Not sure if it helps with track obstructions
Ok thanks. What about driver_consistency_to_dlat_lookahead_dev. I believe that it would do the same thing or similar. I can't tell what dlong and dlat is. My guess is someting about latitude and longitude.

Last edited:

Goblin

SRD Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. What about driver_consistency_to_dlat_lookahead_dev. I believe that it would do the same thing or similar. I can't tell what dlong and dlat is. My guess is someting about latitude and longitude.
If so, then that would probably mean dlat would be side-to-side versus dlong being front-to-back.

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I thought that too. The most problem of all that if the ai car's projected line is blocked with a crashing car, it will slow down. If there is no cars. In its line and if for example, there is a wreck and a tiny space in the ereck that you just cannot get thought without making contact, they will speed up. Same with cars accelerating into crashed car.

Sorry for talk about this crashing stuff so much. I just want it to be real.

Status
Not open for further replies.