Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Bad News-NTG2011 Delayed, Cover, Videos and PC info

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
Quote from NASCAR, The Game 2011
NASCAR The Game 2011 will be released on Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and Sony Playstation 3 and will hit shelves on March 29th. Ensure you are always up to date with news and updates by signing up to our Facebook and Twitter profiles and check out the forums!
I personally am not a fan of the release actually mad, but hey, it gives them more time to make the game better to our requests right?

Cover art released:

Some videos:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33YAoVYhdRY]YouTube - NASCAR The Game 2011 - A few laps of Phoenix at Dusk by Richard Towler[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNxshc_LNPI]YouTube - NASCAR The Game 2011 - A Lap of Infineon by Richard Towler[/ame]
also check out Inside Sim Racing's 94th episode
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1dnkCcAJJY]YouTube - NASCAR 2011 First Look & Gunnar Glasses[/ame] (skip to 9 min for NTG2011)

Reason why NTG2011 will not release on the PC
It's been well asked all over the forums about a NTG2011 PC release, sources say no, but we want to know why, well I have the answer.

NTG2011 avoids PC release because there is already a lot of true simulation games for the PC, and the biggest one, iRacing. Ed Martin stated that Eutechnyx won't release on the PC because they don't feel the need to compete with iRacing just yet, Eutechnyx is directly focused an putting a lot of time (and I mean a lot, the game's already delayed) on making a simulation for NASCAR on console gaming, which hasn't been done before. The previous have been referred to as arcade. Eutechnyx has a big goal to achieve to bring real sim racing to consoles, but the key word is "just yet", this doesn't mean they will never make a game for PC, just not this year, bringing sim racing to consoles is a big task...............

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
It's been well asked all over the forums about a NTG2011 PC release, sources say no, but we want to know why, well I have the answer.

NTG2011 avoids PC release because there is already a lot of true simulation games for the PC, and the biggest one, iRacing. Ed Martin stated that Eutechnyx won't release on the PC because they don't feel the need to compete with iRacing just yet, Eutechnyx is directly focused an putting a lot of time (and I mean a lot, the game's already delayed) on making a simulation for NASCAR on console gaming, which hasn't been done before. The previous have been referred to as arcade. Eutechnyx has a big goal to achieve to bring real sim racing to consoles, but the key word is "just yet", this doesn't mean they will never make a game for PC, just not this year, bringing sim racing to consoles is a big task...............
i want another Single Player Nascar SIM.........and i racing is....multiplayer only..

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
i want another Single Player Nascar SIM.........and i racing is....multiplayer only..
There is a high want for multiplayer sims for PC, and iRacing seems to fit the bill for most people, but its too expensive for me

taz1458

Let's Go Guido!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Quote from NASCAR, The Game 2011

I personally am not a fan of the release actually mad, but hey, it gives them more time to make the game better to our requests right?

Cover art released:

Some videos:
YouTube - NASCAR The Game 2011 - A few laps of Phoenix at Dusk by Richard Towler
YouTube - NASCAR The Game 2011 - A Lap of Infineon by Richard Towler
also check out Inside Sim Racing's 94th episode
YouTube - NASCAR 2011 First Look & Gunnar Glasses (skip to 9 min for NTG2011)

Dammit, was really hoping to have this for Daytona...O well....

Burnout

SRD Member
Reaction score
there is already a lot of true simulation games for the PC, and the biggest one, iRacing.
Screw iRacing. It simulates one model for each NASCAR series, that isn't a real NASCAR simulator, that's crap. I've been patiently waiting since 2003 for a valid and worthy NASCAR simulator that doesn't require a monthly price tag. EA blew their chance with NSR and rFactor certainly doesn't support stock cars that good. These guys better come up with something soon because I don't give a damn about some console game, PC gaming is where it's at.

Carl Robinson

I'm just better than you.
SRD Member
Reaction score
....Sigh does anyone know where I can fill out an application for the " NTG2011 seemed awesome at first but now is a big disappointment" club"?

Cover art looks great and on the plus side of this pushed back date is that it wont be as long of a wait for the 2011 patch.

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I planned this game to be my birthday present in February. But I can wait till March.

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
As a Wii owner, I hope this involves the pre-packaging of the 2011 cars into the game.

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
There is a high want for multiplayer sims for PC, and iRacing seems to fit the bill for most people, but its too expensive for me
thats another thing too is hte price. Hell i can priate LFS,and rfactor...but iracing is impossable to priate(to at least to try before i buy it)

And call me old fasioned,but i grew up playing single player games. and i tend to prefure them in the long run....

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
Man...this game keeps getting better and better...

...and lol at Jimmie turning right on the cover. Knew this game was gonna fall on its face.

Chevellion

SRD Member
Reaction score

...and lol at Jimmie turning right on the cover. Knew this game was gonna fall on its face.

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain guys, now I expect this game to be 3X better, and the 2011 patch will still be DLC, not in the pre packaged game

zaw24fan

SRD National Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score

Not to mention three cars racing on the apron at Bristol.

Mike24

Retired
SRD Member
Reaction score
Eh...I'll buy it. Just because it would be nice to have a NASCAR game for my 360...

Sticking with iRacing and NR2k3 for the foreseeable future tho...if I want to actually drive something realistic and challenging. :)

Chevellion

SRD Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants a good console game...head over to your local GameStop. I found NASCAR Heat 2002 in the bargain bin yesterday for 3 bucks, as well as NASCAR 05 and NASCAR 06 TTC for 5. You might get lucky and stumble across Dirt 2 Daytona.

Blazityler

SRD Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants a good console game...head over to your local GameStop. I found NASCAR Heat 2002 in the bargain bin yesterday for 3 bucks, as well as NASCAR 05 and NASCAR 06 TTC for 5. You might get lucky and stumble across Dirt 2 Daytona.
I recently went to my local Gamestop two weeks ago found Nascar 05 and Nascar Heat both for $10. Those brought back so many memories.

Legacyofthe24

SRD Member
Reaction score
if you wanna play offline maybe, there's no point in getting it for online. i could care less if the new nascar game has an offline mode, as long as it has online i'm fine. don't really have a problem with it getting pushed back 6 wks, at least it ain't 6 months :cough: gran turismo 5 :cough:

John Gregorio

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Not to mention three cars racing on the apron at Bristol.
The box is a HORRIBLE photoshop. Did you notice how small the apron is? It's DOVER! They put Bristol logos on DOVER. Seriously, what the crap is this.

Status
Not open for further replies.