Latest resources

NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene MattyO
NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene for Max8 and above.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Car Viewer Files MattyO
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Templates 2048 x 2048 MattyO
2048 x 2048 Templates in PSD format.
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
32 Corey LaJoie 2020 Schluter Systems Ford Mustang JNieder51188
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2020 NXS17 Xfinity batch 3 canadienhits
24 Xfinity cars from the 2020 season.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Binghamton Motorsports Park (Fictional 1.96 Mile Road Course)

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Please note, this download is an open beta. You may encounter some issues with A.I, pit road, etc. Everything will be sorted out eventually once we discover all the issues.

Binghamton Motorsports Park is a fictional road course designed by myself and my college roommate in our spare time based in Binghamton, New York - about an hour and a half east from Watkins Glen. It is a 1.96 mile, 15 turn road course with working A.I. This is really just the brainchild of two college kids. We designed it for personal use, but figured some people might get some enjoyment out of it, so we decided to upload it. Before I make an "official" release, I'm releasing our most complete version of the track so we can tweak the A.I. and/or track geometry if users find something worth changing.

The track base month is set to October, which is a very colorful month in upstate New York - so the track foliage is a bit colorful, and there are fallen leaves around the track.

Known issues: The A.I. are a work in progress, so while they work, the first lap is a little sketchy if you start in the rear; the A.I. like to brake check and bunch up for the first few corners. After that, they're fine, other than an occasional A.I. car impaling itself in the pit wall.

Track textures are mostly modified versions of the HillCrest Road America HR textures. Other track objects come from Revamped Reloaded, Smiffsden, and Mark Royer's Iowa Speedway. If there are any issues with objects being used without permission, let me know and I will take care of issues accordingly.

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B91QSCyuDW_OX2dEWWR5THk5UXM

NR2003 2017-11-05 01-52-42-90.jpg
NR2003 2017-11-05 01-53-02-47.jpg
NR2003 2017-11-05 01-54-09-07.jpg
NR2003 2017-11-05 01-54-29-60.jpg
NR2003 2017-11-05 01-55-09-35.jpg

Last edited:

JKB#7

SRD Member
Reaction score
Generating new download key
We are generating a new download key for this file. Click the button below to continue.

And I click continue still nothing.

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Generating new download key
We are generating a new download key for this file. Click the button below to continue.

And I click continue still nothing.
I'm getting that too - I tested it when I first uploaded and it was fine, but now I'm seeing the issue. Working on it. Thanks!

***Edit*** Mediafire doesn't seem to want to cooperate, so the file is now available via Google Drive. Link in OP is updated.

Last edited:

JKB#7

SRD Member
Reaction score
IMG_20171105_080113183_LL.jpg
Got it downloaded but now it just get stuck on the loading page.

Tetronix

#48EVER
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like an awesome track! I'm downloading it now. Thanks for the hard work on it! :D

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Looks like an awesome track! I'm downloading it now. Thanks for the hard work on it! :D
Let me know if you get the same loading error as the above poster. It's difficult to foresee this kind of problem since both my roommate and I had success with it loading. This is essentially just an "open beta" per se. Thanks for your patience.

nj9703

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I had no issues loading it. It's a ton of fun to drive in .pta. I'll need to try out the other physics when I get the chance.

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I had no issues loading it. It's a ton of fun to drive in .pta. I'll need to try out the other physics when I get the chance.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I almost always use .gns, so I might have to see how .pta is!

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm also getting stuck at the "Loading Data" screen. Track looks really nice, though!

nj9703

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it. Nearly everyone in the online league I race in had this same loading issue with the Road America 2011 that you made. It was something in the shared folder, because when I uploaded mine the track would load fine for them.

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm also getting stuck at the "Loading Data" screen. Track looks really nice, though!
I'm assuming it's a shared folder problem then. With the Road America that I did a few years back, I was using all sorts of textures and objects from the shared folder, which I learned was kind of a no no. I stayed pretty clear of that this time around. I'll look into this for sure, cause it's a fun track for sure. In the mean time, if anyone pinpoints the issue, I'll fix it and update the link in the OP as soon as possible.

There is one texture that seems to be loading from the shared folder. Let me fix that and see if that eliminates the issue.

Last edited:

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming it's a shared folder problem then. With the Road America that I did a few years back, I was using all sorts of textures and objects from the shared folder, which I learned was kind of a no no. I stayed pretty clear of that this time around. I'll look into this for sure, cause it's a fun track for sure. In the mean time, if anyone pinpoints the issue, I'll fix it and update the link in the OP as soon as possible.

There is one texture that seems to be loading from the shared folder. Let me fix that and see if that eliminates the issue.
Should be fixed now, any other issues let me know. Enjoy.

fortine_oo

SRD Member
Reaction score
A major issue, there is no pit service because there is no "Pit Stall" subsurface.

KNOWN ISSUES:
" - AI are slow on the first lap but race consistently after "

More than likely due to too great a value for < ai_drafting_distance = 1.3 >. That value is for an oval, RC values are typically much lower.
The bunched pack is trying to maintain end to end clearance, so ai have to check up at each turn as cars slow for the corner.
A base value for cup would be 1.075-1.085, gns and cts can usually be a little less than cup (due to less HP and slightly better mechanical grip due to less weight), 1.07-1.055 for pta and GTP.

" - Once in a great while when the AI come out of the final turn they may hit the pit wall, or accidently enter pits "

I don't think the ai "accidently enter pits", I think they enter the pits on purpose and if they aren't quik enough they hit the pit wall.
The < merge_to_pit_line_dlong = 2836.00/merge_to_pit_line_length = 90.00 > combination is too close to pit entrance. Compounding that, the pit lp's are out in the center of the track, requiring the ai to make a hard left to get onto pit road.
At the very least, move the merge_to_pit_line_dlong farther from pit road, e.g. < merge_to_pit_line_dlong = 2500.00 > + < merge_to_pit_line_length = 250.00 >.

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
A major issue...
Thanks for the feedback - a while back I lost some progress on the track and had to backtrack. To my knowledge, pit road works okay, but perhaps I haven't tested that enough to know. For now, the track is provided as is, but I will get any and all issues sorted. You are a great resource to the community!