1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Bristol Night 2014 FSE Setup Problem

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by lildrumrboy99, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lildrumrboy99

lildrumrboy99 Well-Known Member

Hello all.

I am having awful troubles getting my car to turn off the corner at Bristol Night 2014 FSE. I have included screenshots of my current setup which is the best I have come up with. I have tried numerous different combinations of almost everything but still the grip falls off after about 15 laps. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks to share that might help me, or if there's something i could change in the track.ini. I haven't modified that in any way since downloading the track. Thanks for any help in advance.

Attached Files:

2. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread Banned

Slide that Tire Pressure slider on the 3rd page all the way to the left. That will help a ton

3. prominentalex

prominentalex Member

Try using this track.ini - track

It uses a little less heat and it should improve your issue with the car falling off at 15 laps.

I ran a 14.997, it's pretty loose, just adjust the wedge if it's too loose for you.

CUP: Race.cup

GNS: Race.gns

Place it in your Nascar Main Directory/players/yourname/setups/bristol fse night/

I tried taking a picture, but my Dxtory isn't working with NR2003.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
  4. lildrumrboy99

Thanks for all the help. Calling that setup "loose" is an understatement!! :D
    Worked out great though. Running much better now.

5. prominentalex

prominentalex Member

Haha, I like it, I play with a gamepad, so I can easily counter steer when it gets loose. Did you end up using the setup?

6. lildrumrboy99

You are lucky sir. I use a Mac with no wheel or anything. Still steering with keys which leads to much less control over my car. I did use the setup though and its working MUCH better than the one i had before. Many thanks for sharing your wisdom and setup.

7. bluedevil21

bluedevil21 Well-Known Member

Dude idk but something is weird with your game. Idk what you did but i didnt know that the left side was on the right and on the 2nd page those should read tape and spoiler, not weight bias and front bias, those should be on page 3. all of that could be messing with your setup cause something isnt right

8. Wheatenland

Wheatenland FSE Tracks

I think you would find the track much more fun to drive with a wheel.. all the FSE tracks are design around more of a sim mode with using a steering wheel. When you use the keyboard no matter what set up is in the car when you go into the turns your going full left on the steering then letting off then full left which you repeat all the way through the turn, this wears the front tires off quick (10 to 20 laps depending on the track)

Your only fix will be to (1.) run very short races before the front tires are gone or, (2.) get you a wheel.. You can find some on the internet pretty cheap these days. :)

Freddy
    FSE Tracks

9. lildrumrboy99

Yea, the version i have for Mac isn't quite right. It never really has been. I'm just such a fan that i can't go completely without it so until I'm able to buy a better computer that is more compatible with the actual game I'm dealing with all sorts of glitches and limited resources. There are many tracks, mods, and other things i can't even get because of .exe files or just the fact that they aren't compatible.

Yes I know and believe me, it's maddening. As I said, one day I'll be able to afford a proper setup and a better computer more compatible and more capable of handling this game but as it is right now, I simply have to make the best of what I have. I will say, even though most FSE tracks are designed more for a wheel, I usually can find a way to make due with a setup that works well enough. I love the tracks you guys make and always have a blast when I can get myself running decent. Bristol has always plagued me no matter what version of the track I'm using though due to the fact that it's such a small, fast, and very tough track. I do appreciate all your help and until I can get myself a good system to work with, the setup tips I received here are making things much easier than they were.

10. bubu13

bubu13 Member

Something is definitely weird with your setup screens... I use a Mac and this is what my setup screen looks like...

Attached Files:

• 1a.jpg
      1a.jpg
      File size:
      257 KB
      Views:
    • 2a.jpg
      2a.jpg
      File size:
      201.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3a.jpg
      3a.jpg
      File size:
      204.4 KB
      Views:
  11. Thunder98

Thunder98 Well-Known Member

Nothing is weird about it, you're just using the default game ui background. Whereas the OP is using an enhanced background.

12. bubu13

bubu13 Member

If you look at the OP's first screenshot, the left and right sides are switched and the third tab reads Left Bias. On the Drivetrain/Aero tab, where his reads Weight Bias and Front Bias, it should be Grill Tape and Spoiler. And on the third tab, which should be Weight Bias, his shows two Wedge and Tire Pressure... dang, maybe mine has been wrong all this time! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.