1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Camera Control Master on Windows 10

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Griff88, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Griff88

Griff88 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, hope all of you are well. So last night, I bought my first laptop since 2012. And it has... you guess it... Windows 10. I've seen everywhere online that it is impossible to make CCM work on Windows 10.

I got it to work. But as you know, CCM is a very finicky program. It can work, but all the stars have to align.

So, here are all the things I did to get CCM to be active on Windows 10:

1) Very simply, make sure to have NR2003 fully up and running before touching Camera Control Master. Might be a no brainer to most of you, but you never know!

2) TNTMAN93’s video regarding CCM on Windows 8:

Even though it’s for Windows 8, the info in this video is just as valid for Windows 10. In the video, TNTMAN93 will show you how to go into the registry editor program and change the enableLUA from 1 to 0. He'll then show you where you neet to go into your computer, and find the secure boot and disable it. It’s all explained a lot more thouroghly in the video. I could make a video, but I would literally just be copying TNTMAN. And I have a great amount of respect for him.

3) Got to have FRAPS or some video recording software. Now when I did not have software added on, CCM never worked for me. So I don’t know if it’s, per say, NEEDED, but I could not work CCM without video recording software.

3.5) When you start, make sure FRAPS is up first before CCM. Don’t know exactly why. All that I know is that it does not work if you launch CCM first.

4) BIG ONE – COMPATIBILITY: Once CCM is on your computer. Before launch, right click on the application. Go to Properties. S econd tab over should say “Compatibility”. In the middle where it says “Compatibility” Click the checkmark box, and then find “Windows XP: Server Pack 2”. Click Apply. You may need to either restart CCM and/or restart your computer.
    Captureccm.PNG

5) I hate to say it, but Do not be afraid to restart frequently. Fraps/CCM will work when you first get on the computer. But if you go back to the desktop, there’s a good chance it will not work until you restart your computer again.

This not an official tutorial or anything. But these were all the things I did to get CCM to work in Windows 10. If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer.

Also, I don't know how "mind-blowing" these tips are to you. But in the end, I got it to work.

Finally, I have Windows 10 home, Version Number 1809.

So if you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer. But I also know there are some very smart people in this forum as well. Hopefully this can spark up some discussion. And maybe there will be a way where we don't have to restart frequently.

Thanks guys!

2. Free Thinker

Free Thinker Member

Thanks!

Griff88 likes this.
  3. NewWorld

NewWorld Member

Yeah, I don't know about anyone else or if anyone else has tried to do this, but when I start the program it's DEFINITELY doing something. It's doing what Windows 7 would do with CCM where it locks up the OS in terms of clicking/dragging objects around on your screen. It basically stalls up the pc and when you ctrl+alt+delete it comes back and works again, but CCM doesn't work because of it.

I'm going to attempt a restart to try this again and see if maybe it works. But right now, it doesn't look good for me personally. But it's definitely doing something. I'm just getting stuck in the realm of not being able to get within the game.

4. NewWorld

NewWorld Member

Update: Still doesn't work for me, but I'm on Windows 10 version 1803, not 1809. This is important.

Which leads me to believe that something within the 1809 update allowed us to be able to read through memory, which is how CCM works. Which leads me to believe and sorry to be a negative Nancy, this may not last for long. Who knows what's going to happen in terms of updates and what will break using CCM for us again. Once again, via Toby Roberson on YouTube, he had Window 10 working with CCM and he was on 1607, which was the anniversary update. After 1707, it happened to turn off whatever option we had to run CCM. I believe it's a security issue.

Microsoft released an update recently that was made for gaming, where people playing Destiny 2 were having de-sync with their mouse and their graphics were overall worse than before. Along with the update, they changed a lot of security related things, like Microsoft Edge and others, along with general security for Windows. Whatever they did, it made it possible for this version of Windows 10 to work: 1809. The true OS version number is: OS Build 17763.37, which was the update that Windows did to perform gaming updates. Here is the source to understand what I'm talking about: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4489899

This is the OS build number you must have for CCM to work on Windows 10. If it didn't work for you, try updating your OS. But once again, who knows how long this will last. Have fun while you can.

joeykraus19 and Griff88 like this.
  5. Griff88

Griff88 Well-Known Member

Great information @NewWorld. Thanks for the reply!

6. TNTMan93

TNTMan93 New Member

I noticed on Windows 8 and 8.1, after adjusting User Account Control and disabling secure boot, that the start menu “apps” like photo viewer, music player, weather, etc. would not work; giving me the error to enable user account control. Maybe Windows 10 has another level of user account control for those apps and thus doesn’t allow CCM to connect to the NR2003.exe... who knows

Griff88 likes this.
  7. NewWorld

NewWorld Member

I'm convinced that it's because of the newest update with the security changes. Because it's always been after updates that the program works again, but with the next few updates, it doesn't work again. Microsoft is probably trying to phase out all of the older scripts that were written for programs/closing off the OS to avoid viruses that require a ton of OS control.

But that's just me. I updated to 1809 and now CCM works. It's definitely something to do with security updates.

Griff88 likes this.
  8. NewWorld

NewWorld Member

It explains everything you need to do in terms of getting to the point where you can get CCM to work AT ALL.

Anyways, see yer.

joeykraus19 and Griff88 like this.
  9. Duck 78

Duck 78 New Member

So I’m not sure if this is just me or I’m missing something here. I was able to get CCM to work, but it’s very jittery. When I lock and camera and try to follow a car is when it looks like that. But when I am not moving the camera it works perfectly fine. Anyone know why?

10. Michael White

Michael White Member

Hey all, this is an update for Camera Control Master working on Windows 10. Thank you Griff for this revelation you've shared. I can attest that Camera Control Master does indeed work on Windows 10, BUT, this is a big but, you must have software version 1809 and not anything before it. If you do have 1803 or anything older, there is an October update on their support website, and you can download it and it will update your version to 1809, otherwise you'll get the same result with CCM just freezing on start up and once you hit control alt delete, it's completely disabled and will not attach, except for starting NR2003.

It's critical that once you have updated your version of windows, which your build version will automatically update as well, that you follow TNTMan93s tutorial on how to get CCM operational. Follow it to the exact T, you can't cut any corners and if you have to double check yourself while you do it, do it, it's got to be precise. Once you've followed those instructions, CCM should operate normally, but you also have to have a video recording software connected to it, and it doesn't matter if it's a demo version or not, when your prompted for a recording software, add whatever you download's execution file to that list and it should work fine. BUT make sure that you have your recording software up and running first and foremost before even opening CCM or it will not work.

As Griff stated in his earlier post, yes, CCM will crash and freeze like it did under previous versions of Windows 10 and 8 once you exit the game to the desktop, BUT, as I have discovered, that's only happening in full screen mode, whereas if you run NR2003 in a windowed mode via the Nr2003Config tool, you can exit and enter the game and access replays with CCM fully operational without crashing, but if you decide to go full screen, once you exit, it automatically freezes, and yes you are going to have to restart every time once this happens, but once you did, it'll work once you get back into Windows. So if you want to tweak and play around with CCM and it's functions as much as you wish, go windowed mode. But if you have desires of making awesome videos like TNTMan93s (Much respect given), then full screen is your option.

Other than that, it truly does work. But make sure you follow these directions to a T.

Hope it's been informational for you all!!

Michael

Griff88, DaleTona75, Tetronix and 2 others like this.