1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Cape Cod International Raceway_pace lap fix

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by fortine_oo, Feb 5, 2016.

1. fortine_oo

fortine_oo Well-Known Member

In response to a query in the NR2003 Screenshot and Video Thread...

I remedied the lack of a normal pace lap and race start/resume.

The instant start condition is caused by the lack of a pole position definition:
    [ track ]
    starting_grid_0 = 1 ; grid_2x2_InLinePoleOnLeft=1,right=2
    starting_grid_1 = 1

Re: The inside line gets like a 5 to 8 second head start on the start
    There's always going to be an accordion effect on a RC as the cars negotiate the turns, but this can be lessened somewhat by providing some clearance on the pace lap, ai_pacing_distance = 2.0 - 2.5 (as needed/dictated by the pace speed and the severity of the corners), and by having the same value for ai_pacing_distance and ai_bunching_distance.

There was a pace car parking problem, relocated the pace car stall.
    I moved the short pace grid back to the original track.ini location and added the extra grid positions (for 43 starters).
    I moved the full pace grid to the S/F line.
    New lane_merge_dlong value, the subsurface does not support the original value and would incur a pit exit penalty.
    Changed ai_pacing_distance and ai_bunching_distance values to relieve some of the accordion effect during pace laps.
    New values for ai merging to/from the pit lp.

These are the only changes, no modifications were made to the racing conditions for the Player or ai.

Attached Files:

InsideLine, MrDude68 and USSTalladega like this.
  2. JKB#7

JKB#7 Well-Known Member

Cool thanks any chance you got link to the track for some reason I don't have it now.

3. fortine_oo

Fast Racing - downloads
    Edit:
    Don't go looking for the track there (Fast Racing), now, the downloads have been locked up. :(

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  4. JKB#7

JKB#7 Well-Known Member

thanks

5. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

ooohhh...So THATS what it was. You're my hero! Fixing the pacecar is a nice bonus too.

6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Fortine to the rescue again... aaaand pointing me to a trove of tracks that I didn't realize was out there.....

Looks like the AI Balancing project got a little larger... again...

And while we are at it, someone get this guy a beer! ;)

7. bluedevil21

bluedevil21 Well-Known Member

Most of those tracks are tracks that have been released the only reason they have 2015 and 2016 out from them is cause thats when they was uploaded. That's just how they keep track of things

8. RacerXero84

Oh I get that, it's just that there are some tracks on there that somehow didn't make my list.... that will be something worth looking into.

9. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I don't mean to hijack this thread (just seeing it for the first time) but did have a query about something. Curious about that site, is it s league or something? I noticed all my new tracks are hosted there ... becasue well, on my website just above the download button it says:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download agreement:

By downloading this track you agree to not upload it to any other NR2003 websites or claim ownership of the track. You may use my 3do's in the track for other ones but credit must be given! Likewise, Armory Digital Racing Designs is not held responsible for support or any issues you may have trying to add this track to your game. Above all else, give credit where credit is due!

For reference: http://racing.armorydigital.net/Pages/downloads/DL_Tracks_Yas_Marina.html
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find this slightly irritating since all the important info for my work is not on 3rd party sites (obviously) which means when people have issues with my tracks they won't even realize I had paragraphs of info for help and clarification. Then I get blamed or asked the same damn support questions 100's of times becasue where they downloaded the stuff wasn't the official place. If it wasn't for the readme in the tracks no one would even have known where to get help. But we all know no one takes the time to read it except like 2 people. I'm not irritated my work is being re-uploaded per say (even though I kindly ask not to) just the fact they never even bothered to ask me.

But whatever, I'm sure the tracks I spent months on are hosted in a ton of other places by now. I am just surprised no one takes the time to read even whats on my download pages (or if they are they are gladly giving me, the content creator, a middle finger). If find this rather demoralizing since literally hundreds of hours were spent making those.

UPDATE: One of the users from the site in question contacted me and has kindly resolved the issue.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    thefaeway and RacerXero84 like this.
  10. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Well-Known Member

I only read how to install things. ;)

11. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Thats all fine and well. But when a site has before even the download button some instructions/usage rights its generally a good idea to abide by them and respect the content creator ;)

One of the users from the site in question contacted me and has kindly resolved the issue. So all is well on that front now.

thefaeway and puckhogg11 like this.
  12. RacerXero84

Rule of thumb: if you didn't make it, don't host it ;)

Glad the issue was resolved.

pomcat and Mystical like this.
  13. bluedevil21

I wouldn't of used the word locked up, they removed them out of respect.

14. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

When I click to download any track on that page ,it doesn't dl,just goes back to the same page.I'm only interested in Under Armor (UA ) Speedway towards the bottom of the page.Thanks in advance.

15. bluedevil21

Good Luck getting it, Its a personal track that wont be released to the public, and if you sign up to just get it they will know...

Besides the track is about to get a overhaul since there was some bugs

TColeman12 and InsideLine like this.
  16. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

Ok I finally had a chance to test out the changes and sorry to say fortine but that fixed nothing. See the replay for yourself. Its the default cars btw.

Attached Files:

17. fortine_oo

I dropped the new track.ini into the default track folder and allowed the new track.ini to replace the original.
    Everything works properly, the pace laps (full and short) and race start/resume.

I can't tell anything from that snip-it except the ai start passing the pace car somewhere on the track, but I know it's not at the same place as the ai take off on my default version.
    My guess is you didn't replace the existing track.ini with the new track.ini but made adjustments to YOUR track.ini, the one where you "... turned it into a standing start race...".

What have the other 30 users experienced?

InsideLine likes this.
  18. RacerXero84

Works alright for me, I'm in the process of balancing the AI on that track today.

fortine_oo likes this.
  19. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

Works perfectly for Me, as always thank you :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    fortine_oo likes this.
  20. JKB#7

JKB#7 Well-Known Member

Does anyone got a good setup for all series I have a problem with the left front lifting big time in left handers.