5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Carl Edwards to Joe Gibbs Racing in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan07

Reaction score
hopefully he gives us one last good championship run in the ford this year.
That's what I'm hoping for too then he can go on to Gibbs and run average every week. Although I feel like he's going to be awesome over there. I really want Roush to magically get going then start kicking ass again.

Cody Ficker

@ApocApollo
Banned
Reaction score
I assume for 18/19/20 lol.
This is also similar to the move Jr. did with the 8 to the 88. Everyone was up in arms afraid that Junethug would make a move to a number that felt like an alien thing to associate him with, but what really happened is they were able to keep the digit he was known for by just making it the 88. The same kind of thing is happening here, Carl is known for the 99, but they're able to keep the association of the 99 by putting him in the 19.

AMLNet49

Reaction score
It's 19 because that is a historic Joe Gibbs Racing number. It could have been 02, 19, 80 or 81

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
Reaction score
I'm kind of glad Carl didn't get the 81. Means I can still use it on my personal cars. Haha

PMax

Reaction score
There still more come with Carl to. Like sponsors and maybe Bubba to natiionwide

thisguy

Reaction score
Bubba Wallace is gonna win the Truck championship this year, then mug Daniel Suarez for what should've been his Nationwide ride next year. Unfortunate how sponsors rule the sport today, not talent.

RP Motorsports

Reaction score
Bubba Wallace is gonna win the Truck championship this year, then mug Daniel Suarez for what should've been his Nationwide ride next year. Unfortunate how sponsors rule the sport today, not talent.
Daniel Suarez Career Statistics - Racing-Reference.info
^^^^Daniel Suarez's numbers.

This is FAR from a scenario in which sponsorship is superseding talent. Up to this point, Suarez has arguably proven his potential and talent every bit as much as Bubba has.

Sgt Slaughter

Reaction score
Wow... Bubba, Erik, and Daniel all driving for JGR/KBM?

Gibbs is set for a bunch of amazing years... and will make the Cup guys (HAMLIN) race harder knowing they have talented driver waiting for their spots if they start (continue) to slack off.

Win/Win for everyone!

Last edited:

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
Reaction score
Wow... Bubba, Erik, and Daniel all driving for JGR/KBM?

Gibbs is set for a bunch of amazing years... and will make the Cup guys (HAMLIN) race harder knowing they have talented driver waiting for their spots if they start (continue) to slack off.

Win/Win for everyone!
With JGR's Cup lineup next year having a combined 107 Cup wins, I doubt any of them will be replaced with the three up and comers listed any time soon, but you're right about being set for the future (possibly) if they can lock those guys down. Tons of potential there.

moppenheimer

#Murica
Reaction score
With JGR's Cup lineup next year having a combined 107 Cup wins, I doubt any of them will be replaced with the three up and comers listed any time soon, but you're right about being set for the future (possibly) if they can lock those guys down. Tons of potential there.
Hamlin could be in trouble eventually...A few more years of bad attitude mixed with under performing he might get shown a door. He's definitely in the worst spot of the 4.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
Reaction score
Hamlin could be in trouble eventually...A few more years of bad attitude mixed with under performing he might get shown a door. He's definitely in the worst spot of the 4.
Yeah, and people can say what they want about Kyle, but he's definitely trying to have a better attitude and has succeeded for the most part (KBM's partnership with JGR helps too). Denny just seems troubled psychologically most of the time.

brt3

Reaction score
When I first heard the report of Suarez I couldn't understand why he is getting the nod instead of Bubba or Jones. I guess it makes sense now with the Latin connection. If FUBU was Carl's sponsor I guess Bubba would be getting the NW ride.

I have thought for a while that Hamlin was not long for JGR. I think he will end up at MWR with his close relationship with Michael Waltrip (reminds me of the Stewart/Harvick situation). I think he will end up driving the 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.