1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Carsets with CTS but are cars not trucks how to?

Discussion in 'Resource 'How To' and General Discussion' started by Scoop85, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Scoop85

Scoop85 Member

Ok, I have recently downloaded this game and have added car-sets and tracks and all the goodies.

When I download a car-set with CTS physics I am not able to use it or the cars come out distorted. (when converting)

I must be missing a step to get the cars to come correctly.......

I particularly want to use the new ASA composite cars and 2018 daytona set.....

I did download an outlaw series where the cars are rated with CTS physics but that set came with all the files needed....the asa file is just the cars...

2. Scoop85

Scoop85 Member

I figured it out....im good to go

3. TheBanditYT

TheBanditYT New Member

I am having the same problem with the Aero88 mod, however, I have no knowledge on how to resolve it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

4. Scoop85

Scoop85 Member

You can only use cars made for the Aero88 mod I believe.

5. TheBanditYT

TheBanditYT New Member

Does that include carsets?

6. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

The first question is do you have the patches installed? None of the mods will work without the patch update, and I'm pretty sure there is an order to how the updates are installed.

See here.

Next you will want to make sure the mod is installed for the carset you are using. Most of the time the mod folder simply needs to be placed in the Papyrus/NASCAR Racing 2003/Series folder. Once it the mod is installed, you can add the carset to the cars folder: Papyrus/NASCAR Racing 2003/Aero88/Cars.

More on mods here.

If that doesn't work, the first thing you should try is checking to make sure you have the right physics. The simplest way to check is to look at one of the .car files in the folder and look at what tag is right in front of it. The AeroWar88 mod has CTS physics as a default, so all the carfiles should end in .cts.car. If not, you can either download the mod in another physics (the one the carset is set to) or convert the carset into the physics that the mod is using.

7. TheBanditYT

TheBanditYT New Member

Found the Aero88 mod with cup physics over on Noise Racing. Thanks for the help!