1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Chicago Motor Speedway Release!

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by sparticusman5, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparticusman5

sparticusman5 Well-Known Member

Ok, here it is.

Now, this is only a beta. The Graphics, I have not put alot of work into on purpose.

I've been wanting to get the AI, the surface and all the other stuff down first. I'm still working on the buildings in a 3D Modeler.

I'm only going to leave the link up for a little bit, because really i don't want a crap load of copies going out (very self concious)

I know it isn't the best track, but i tried lol... it will be made better... like I said, i'm still working on the modeling.

Chicago Motor Speedway- Beta

2 people like this.
  2. Cheeze

Cheeze AC/DC Junkie

Tbh, if you don't want alot of copies out take the link off and ask for beta testers, maybe about 10 or 15, and go from there ;)

3. sparticusman5

like i said, i'm just very self conscious. but I am modeling the rest of the 3d areas of the track... those will take a while to complete.

4. sparticusman5

any feedback?

5. ongias25

ongias25 Well-Known Member

I just sent you a pm..........I will run a race on this track tonight and let you know.thanks for this!

6. John Poole III

John Poole III Well-Known Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuQi8lsa6Eo]YouTube - Chacago Motor Speedway Beta Problems[/ame]
    Other than that you have the acual start/finish line behind the one you have marked.Also There is a spot in coming out of 3 where the car feels like it hits a huge bump and it goes inside the wall.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  7. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Well as for feedback,

its a good start, I like the uniqueness of the layout. It will take a lot of work though to get the AI correct. I mean a lot of hours tweaking the track ini file to gets the cars to not only run around the track but also pass each other and not wreck too often. Thats the real difference between an ok track and a good one. I have almost if not 90% of all the tracks that have been made for NR2003. I have have gigs of them all categorized and stuff. The biggest things that make me use a track for my own offline races are these things:

- are the AI not only race-able but also the racing is really dynamic?
    - is the track well designed and fun to race on?
    - is the eye candy of the track decent (like not the same generic Shared folder stuff just recycled)

Right now, I am assuming the AI have not been implemented since when I tried to do a race and before it even went green the yellow flag came out and cars were colliding into each other. I'm not a pro at track building but I have made quite a few and a some are on NR2k3.com. Getting those LP lines in reflap done and the track surface defined correctly (like where the pits are and stuff) is the most important part to good AI racing.

I look forward to seeing the end product its a good start =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.