Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Confirmed Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Robinson

I'm just better than you.
SRD Member
Reaction score
... I think that since Robby Gordon is going to be in the game JJC might not make the final cut...now if we can get danica out of cup.

NukaColaV13

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I never liked the idea of fictional drivers. Either make the effort to get the whole field of drivers in, or if 1/4th of them decline, you might as well just work with what you've got instead of having fictional drivers kill the realism.
But then you will have people whining and moaning about there not being a full 43-car field out of the box. Which also kills realism. I myself can put up with Danica being in the game, it's not like she's plastered all over the game or anything. In fact, I'd rather have her in the game than the fictional John Fakey driving the #371 Not-Cho Chevy or something along the lines of that.

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
But then you will have people whining and moaning about there not being a full 43-car field out of the box. Which also kills realism. I myself can put up with Danica being in the game, it's not like she's plastered all over the game or anything. In fact, I'd rather have her in the game than the fictional John Fakey driving the #371 Not-Cho Chevy or something along the lines of that.
I didn't mind the developer rides that showed up in the NASCAR Thunder games...real people with actual sponsors...it was a way to keep the realism and the 43 car field.

Frigus5

Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean
SRD Member
Reaction score
OK, I agree with that.

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
That was 12 years ago and Nascar didn't even let them run that number.
It still makes a point that 3 digit numbers aren't the worst thing ever in terms of realism. EA had to implement them to fill out their fields because they (apparently) had licensing issues regarding the other unused double digit numbers in NASCAR.

But back to the topic at hand...it seems stupid to replace two established Cup teams with winning drivers who run on a regular basis (Gordon's 7 and Mears' 13) with two women who have one professional racing victory between both of their entire careers.

If you're going to use drivers from other series to fill up your field...at least use some GOOD ones like Ron Hornaday, Reed Sorenson or Todd Bodine.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
On the topic of 3-digit numbers see the attachments.

Personally I like this one.

In the Modified series they use letters

I've heard in the Canadian Tire series that if two cars show up with the same number they'll add a number to one of the cars to turn it into a 3-digit numbered car.

I've always looked at the fantasy drivers this way... As of today there have been 83 drivers from 7 different countries that have attempted to make a Cup race (143 drivers from 6 countries for NNS & 112 drivers from 7 countries in the trucks). Not one of us could name all of them for any of those series without looking.... So I've always looked at the "Fantasy Drivers" as those 'extra' drivers.

Attachments

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
It still makes a point that 3 digit numbers aren't the worst thing ever in terms of realism. EA had to implement them to fill out their fields because they (apparently) had licensing issues regarding the other unused double digit numbers in NASCAR.

But back to the topic at hand...it seems stupid to replace two established Cup teams with winning drivers who run on a regular basis (Gordon's 7 and Mears' 13) with two women who have one professional racing victory between both of their entire careers.

If you're going to use drivers from other series to fill up your field...at least use some GOOD ones like Ron Hornaday, Reed Sorenson or Todd Bodine.
I agree.

But Fisha, this game is about the 2010-11 Sprint Cup seasons. Not modifieds or Canadian Tire series. And in the 2010-11 Cup seasons they haven't had three digit numbers except for point purposes (I think that's what there for)

Also Fisha I love how you always provide facts with pictures. Except when you prove me wrong!

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
I never liked the idea of fictional drivers. Either make the effort to get the whole field of drivers in, or if 1/4th of them decline, you might as well just work with what you've got instead of having fictional drivers kill the realism.
I can at least pretend that a fake driver was in Cup. It's kind of hard for me to accept Jennifer Jo Cobb in Cup. That's not realistic.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
I like Jennifer Jo Cobb...better than Danica Patrick
For me, it's not a matter of liking someone more than another, it's about realism, and I see Danica Patrick starting a Cup race a lot sooner than Jennifer Jo Cobb. To be honest, neither one should be in the game, but that's just my opinion.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
For me, it's not a matter of liking someone more than another, it's about realism, and I see Danica Patrick starting a Cup race a lot sooner than Jennifer Jo Cobb. To be honest, neither one should be in the game, but that's just my opinion.
Your right. Neither of them should be in the game. Sure they can be as like an unlock driver but not right off the bat 2011 driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.