1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Console & PC Video Games Discussion

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattSRD28, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Yeah 3 trailers now and I don't know what that game is still, my only reaction:
    [​IMG]

Shockey Rai likes this.
  2. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Slightly disappointed about no new Animal Crossing but I also sort of expected it. Maybe next Direct........

3. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Here are all of the games that I will be getting in the next two to five years, along with some of the ones I am still undecided/unsure about getting (copied from my IGN post):

Purchasing Day One (Shown at E3 or Coming Out In 2018/2019/Later)
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    (PS4)
    Fallout 76 (PS4; huge Fallout fan, will support the franchise even if it isn't exactly the type of game I prefer)
    Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (PS4)
    Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)
    Ghosts of Tsushima (PS4)
    Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)
    The Last of Us: Part II (PS4)
    MediEvil Remaster (PS4) (big fan of the franchise and played the heck out of the first two games on the PSOne. PSP game back in the day was so-so, but the first two games were fun)
    Pokemon Let's Go, Pikachu! (Switch) (big Pokemon fan, purchasing to support the franchise)
    Kingdom Heart III (PS4) (loved Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II, still need to play/finish all of the other spin-offs and games like Birth By Sleep, Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, and KH: Dream Drop Distance)
    The Elder Scrolls VI (Working Title) (PS4/PS5?) (This game may be 3+ years out, but I am still getting it day one no matter what, since I am a huge TES fan)
    2019 Pokemon Switch Game (Switch) (Fingers crossed that this game is awesome! Getting this to support the franchise as a Pokemon fan)
    Star Wars (EA/Respawn game) (PS4) (fingers crossed that it pans out into something awesome!)

Unsure/Might Purchase After Launch (Depending on Reviews, Future Gameplay/Trailers, etc)
    Days Gone
    (PS4) (I am interested in this, but I still want to see more about it and see how it reviews before I commit to it)
    Death Stranding (PS4) (most likely will get it to support Hideo Kojima, but man this game is so hard to put a finger on what exactly it will be)
    Metro: Exodus (PS4) (have not played any of the Metro games yet, so I might go back and try them out before moving forward with purchasing this game)
    RAGE 2 (PS4) (enjoyed the first RAGE game, might look into this one after I see some more stuff about it down the road)
    Beyond Good & Evil 2 (PS4) (have not played the first one. New one looks cool, from what I have seen)
    Devil May Cry 5 (PS4) (have only played parts of Devil May Cry 2 and all of Devil May Cry 4. Might look into down the road)
    Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4) (seems cool, so I might look into this one after I see some more stuff about it down the road)
    Sekiro (PS4) (looks interesting from what I saw at E3, but have not played any games from that developer)
    We Happy Few (PS4) (the game looks interesting and different, but I might pass on this)
    Starfield (PS4/PS5?) (I want to see more about this game before I commit to purchasing it)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  4. ShadowKnight508

Hide your wallets, for it is that special time of the year again! The annual Steam Summer Sale is upon us once again!

[​IMG]

SOURCE: https://store.steampowered.com/

GIF Source:

Shockey Rai likes this.
  5. ShadowKnight508

6. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

I feel like I've missed some very important information... o_O

18fan4life likes this.
  7. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

To avoid confusion is is a new land/area mod for the game Fallout 4. Not a new fallout game.

nascarfan9 and 18fan4life like this.
  8. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

Nvidia announced their new line of graphics cards today:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (From $999)
    GeForce RTX 2080 (From $699)
    GeForce RTX 2070 (From $499)
    Release date: September 20th

I'm really looking forward to the benchmarks.

Mystical likes this.
  9. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I wonder how long they will actually stay this price. I've been waiting to get a 1080 ti and they still sell at 799+. If the 2080's are that much better I expect the 1080 ti to go way down soon or these 2080's to be like 2k in no time lol.

If not, I'd like to get a 2080. Still have a 980 ti and its pretty great but wouldn't mind an upgrade. Its not so much about the money, I could have bought a 1080 ti during the mining fiasco for 1.5k no prob but I have standards and not gunna just blow money even when I could. I like to wait and be frugal when I can (even if I don't need to be).

Ceafus 88, David24 and FloridaFan88 like this.
  10. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

There is a saying that I like to live by..."Just because you can afford it doesn't mean you should buy it" I could buy the whole RTX lineup right now but that would be pretty dumb for two reasons- Obviously I could only use one at a time and I feel that my 1060 will hold up for me for a long while.

Although it is fun to think about lol

FloridaFan88, Tetronix and Mystical like this.
  11. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

EA is having a pretty good sale that I found last night.
    Battlefield 1 for $5 + All DLCs for free with the Premium Pass. The sale runs through September 18th I believe. I've never played an FPS on a PC before, so I thought why not pick it up.

I also bought Assetto Corsa on sale for $12 from Humble Bundle and Assassin's Creed III on sale for $7 from uPlay. All in all a pretty good haul for $25.

12. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access for $25

13. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

So much Switch news from the Nintendo Direct yesterday:
    • Animal Crossing for Switch coming 2019
    • Isabelle from Animal Crossing coming to new Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Luigi's Mansion 3 coming to Switch in 2019
    • Nintendo Switch Online details - 20 NES games included with access
    • NES wireless controllers for Switch available on 9/18 for $60/pair
    • New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe is the latest WiiU port to Switch - available 1/11/19
    • Yoshi's Crafted World coming to Switch spring 2019
    • Switch console w/ Smash Bros download code launches 11/2 at $360 retail price
    • Final Fantasy VII, IX, X/X-2 HD, XII, XV, Maxima, Crystal Chronicles all coming to Switch
    • "Town" - an RPG from the developer of Pokémon coming to Switch in 2019
    • Super Mario Party launches 10/5/18 on Switch
    • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu! and Let's Go Evee! launch 11/16, including a bundle w/ a Poke Ball Plus controller
    • Katamari Damacy REROLL laynches 11/30 for Switch on eShop
    • Asmodee Digital brings card and board games like Catan, Muchkin, Pandemic to Switch this December
    • Cities: Skylines now available on Switch through eShop
    • Sid Meier's Civilization VI comes to Switch on 11/16
    • Mega Man 11 launches on Switch on 10/2 - includes Mega Man amiibo support
    • Diablo III launches on Switch on 11/2
    • NBA 2K19 now available on Switch
    • Just Dance 2019 available on Switch 10/23
    • FIFA 2019 available on Switch 9/28
    • Team Sonic Racing launches this winter
    • Lego DC Super Villians launches on Switch on 10/16

I've never seen a video game console do major card and board games before. Usually any attempt just results in a sad facsimile like Ubisoft's attempt at Monopoly on Switch which mostly blows. I am actually really interested to see how games like Munchkin are done on Switch.

14. EarnhardtFan

I'm in a Twitch community full of people who adore Animal Crossing and the chat freaking EXPLODED when the title card with the date came up. Also that baiting with Isabelle being in Smash and then turning right around and and announcing AC Switch was both devious and GENIUS.

Shockey Rai likes this.
  15. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Holy shit Munchkin on Switch may just make me get a Switch finally. I fucking adore Munchkin

16. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

The presenter of the Direct described the Munchkin game as "dungeon crawler" and I'll prove my non-gamer status by admitting that I don't really know what that means. What it tells me is that it's not the straight Munchkin game, nor are any of the existing card game versions of Munchkin going to be exactly duplicated in whatever this ends up being.

I did see the Duck of Doom though, and I approved of that. After all, you should know better than to pick up a duck in a dungeon.

dalejr88rox likes this.
  17. EarnhardtFan

This probably isn’t the best place to ponder things like this, but the “Special features/offers” part of the Nintendo Online portion of the Direct has me wondering what they are planning. I really hope it’s the “We’re working on virtual console across all systems” thing Reggie mentioned when Projared interviewed him a couple years ago. (3:20 in the video below)

If it is that, it will certainly entice people to get Nintendo Online, if it isn’t and they don’t venture beyond NES retro games, my subscription isn’t likely to go beyond the year I already preordered.

18. ShadowKnight508

19. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Well-Known Member

Of course Sony comes out with this right after I bought the 500M Edition PS4.

20. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

39.2 hours logged on Heat 3 for PC, since I first booted it up at 12:30pm on release day. Shooting for 48 hours by Friday at noon to make it 48 in 2 weeks.
    STILL not burnt out of it lol