1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Console & PC Video Games Discussion

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattSRD28, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio

I fully intend to get it on PC. It's in my Steam Wishlist so I can get it whenever it goes on sale for a good price.

USSTalladega likes this.
  2. MillsLayne

MillsLayne 2x Champ, guys.

I really want this now, but to get it on PC where it's harder for me to play but I can get those sweet, sweet Destruction Derby mods or just get it on console???

Shockey Rai likes this.
  3. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmus pessimus

I started replaying the first Bioshock yesterday for the first time in years and holy christ... I forgot how absolutely amazing it is. Gameplay, story, immersion. It has it all.

MillsLayne likes this.
  4. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio

I bought it on sale on Steam, but haven't touched it since then.
    Need to play it.

nascarfreak88 likes this.
  5. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan ️New Horizons soon!

Today's Nintendo Direct:

My personal favorite segments:

MillsLayne likes this.
  6. MillsLayne

^Dude, the best thing from Nintendo Direct today was the Deadly Premonition 2 and Origins Switch announcement. I love that sh***y game so much. lol

7. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Started playing Wreckfest and its a lot of fun. I'm only in the Regional Juniors so far but already like the variety of modes and challenges to do.

USSTalladega likes this.
  8. Thunder98

Thunder98 Well-Known Member

The Crash Bandicoot N.Sane and Spyro Reignited Trilogies along with Call of Duty: WWII are available as this month's bundle on Humble Bundle for only $12 until November 1st. Four bucks per game sounds good enough to me. lol

9. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Picked up MediEvil for PS4 (installing it now) and Modern Warfare for my Xbox One X. Looking forward to playing both this weekend. For PC I think I am finally going to upgrade my graphics card. I've had a 980 ti since I built my pc and wanted to move up but the 1080 ti being discontinued is still 1k and the same price as a 2080 ti. So I'm going to get the RTX 2070 Super I think. I don't play in 1440p or 4k so I think it'll be plenty fine for the few games I play on pc in 1080p and give me a boost with my modded Skyrim and Fallout 4 games with the extra v-ram. From all the reviews I've read it's pretty much double the framrate and power of a 980 ti and comparable to a 1080 ti but also has a little raytracing future proofing.

10. MillsLayne

Finished Control and Quantum Break in the last couple of weeks and started The Outer Worlds, which has exceeded my expectations in almost every way. It's basically Fallout in space and fills that void left by the disaster that is Fallout 76, and actually has better gunplay than Fallout.

11. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmus pessimus

I've been jonesing for that game since it was announced. I really wish I had a PC powerful enough to play it, it looks stellar.

12. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

The Steam Autumn Sale is now live.
    Assetto Corsa Competizione is on sale for $26. I'm going to pick that up.

13. mtblillie

mtblillie It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy

I see assetto corsa ultimate edition is $11.05 on steam as well. I am VERY interested as NR2003 lacks GT/IMSA/F1 racing and I would like to play more of that (currently doing Forza Motorsports 6 to fill the gap).

I do have some questions though, if anyone would help me out:
    -What's the difference between AC and AC Competizione. Is it just the latest version or is it a like the difference between Forza Motorsports and Forza horizon?
    -I heard this game was moddable, is it moddable like NR2003 where there is an array of tracks and mods or is it something less? I'll have to look out for download sites and see what is available. On that note, do AC and AC Compitezone have similar moddability or is one better than the other?
    -I assume that you can paint your own cars like NR2003, but I don't want to be disappointed if you can't. Does the PC version allow you to import cars much like NR2003 or is more like Heat where you have to sort of hack the game to do it?

Thanks for anyone's help on this!

Mystical likes this.
  14. FloridaFan88

Assetto Corsa was released in 2014 and has a great mix of GT cars, open-wheelers, and road cars along with laser-scanned tracks. The handling & physics model is well regarded. Also, the modding community is exceptional. It's basically this generation's version of rFactor.
    Assetto Corsa Competizione was released this year and focuses on the Blancpain GT Series only. There's dynamic weather, improved physics, laser-scanned tracks, and other goodies. The game is not moddable and is more focused on multiplayer. The game is the best GT3 experience you'll find anywhere.

I strongly recommend Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition, you won't regret it.

mtblillie likes this.
  15. EarnhardtFan

Not sure if it’s on sale anywhere else but Celeste is 50% off on Switch, I HIGHLY recommend it.

16. mtblillie

Thanks for the info, that is very helpful. Parusing around AC downloads suggests that 'mods' are not like NR2003 in that you have to have the MENCS19 mod to have MENCS19 models but instead you can download general car models to put in the game, is that right? I assume it is more like Forza in that cars are separated by class or a similar distinction rather than by 'mod.'

17. FloridaFan88

That's correct.

mtblillie likes this.
  18. mtblillie

Sweet! Well....I'm sold.

FloridaFan88 likes this.
  19. EarnhardtFan

Today's Animal Crossing Direct:

My response is as follows: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020 at 6:20 PM
    Shockey Rai and mtblillie like this.
  20. EarnhardtFan

Nintendo Japan has posted two new commercials for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, I'll update this when/if the English ones are posted

English version:

I'm so fucking hyped for this game

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020 at 6:33 PM
    Shockey Rai likes this.