1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Dale Earnhardt Community Tribute

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by mtblillie, Mar 28, 2019.

1. mtblillie

mtblillie It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy

Before I get into this a couple disclaimers: First, I wasn't sure which thread to post this in, so if it needs to be moved or shut down I totally understand. Second, if this doesn't garner a lot of interest, I won't have my feelings hurt, so be honest if you feel this isn't appropriate or if you don't think many people will be interested.

So back in 2001, after Dale Earnhardt's death, there was an event where fans came out to sign and leave messages on Dale's merchandise trailer, and it seems like also on a showcar painted up as Dale's 2001 racecar. @MasGrafx had a 2003 version of this car on his site back in the day.

I was wanting to remake the car in Cup2000, and at first I was just going to write random tributes and signatures myself, maybe copying some I saw online or on the few pictures I have of the merchandise hauler. But then I remembered that in the past there have been schemes that involved signatures and what not where the painter involved the community, and I thought that might be a good idea in this case.

So what I am wondering, is if people here would like to contribute and add their name, signature, or a small message to be added onto the car? You could write your name or message and scan it, make it in a paint program, or let me know what to write and I can make it for you. It will be placed on Earnhardt's 2001 scheme made for the Cup2000 mod. I have made this scheme on a 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo template for the original papyrus mod, but haven't yet made it for Cup2000, so I will have to do that first. Once the scheme is complete, I will add it to the download section for everyone to enjoy.

Again, if no one is interested, no big deal, I will just go with my original plan and put random signatures and messages on the car myself. But if you are interested, let me know.

a035_3tr.jpg

2. Nathaniel Burnham

Nathaniel Burnham Well-Known Member

I'm interested for sure! I'll get it to you by the end of the weekend.

mtblillie likes this.
  3. mtblillie

Thanks for your interest @Nathaniel Burnham!
    I've got the base mostly worked out, going to start putting on all the logos and numbers soon. preview1.jpg

4. Nathaniel Burnham

Looks great man! I look forward to seeing it!

mtblillie likes this.
  5. Nathaniel Burnham

Hey sorry I got caught up this weekend. I should have it done by the end of the week.

6. mtblillie

No worries. My computer has been acting up so I haven't been able to do much with it anyways. I'm working on trying to figure out whatever bug is going on before I continue.

7. mtblillie

Unfortunately I haven't been able to paint much lately due to some computer issues. I was able to get some worked out, at least enough to start working again, but unfortunately the main problem with the computer may be terminal. Anyway I've been able to do some work the last few days, and have at least most of the main scheme, which means I am getting closer to putting on the notes and sigs.
    prev2.jpg

USSTalladega and Buescher37 like this.
  8. Andy22

Andy22 Still waiting for JJ to win

Looking good! I'll send you a .png of my signature/message if that's ok with you.

mtblillie likes this.
  9. mtblillie

Absolutely Andy, please do.

10. mtblillie

Here is a little preview. It's been slow going due to my computer issues, but it's getting done. This image doesn't have any of the user submissions, I thought it would be more fun to look for those when the car is complete. But you might still recognize some of the signatures on there. I'll be taking submissions up until the final product is posted, so please feel free to send them to me!
    preview3.jpg