SRD Member
Reaction score
The damage model doesn't look realistic. IMO

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The damage model doesn't look realistic. IMO
I agree. Now I know the picture is not final. But there are no front fenders and the hood is still in place o_o also no sparks from the rim, and the smoke looks like it's from Chase for the Cup 2005. Not to mention even though with that unrealistic damage the car is still moving.

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
Looks more realistic then anything out there currently including the precious "nr03".
NASCAR 2011:

NASCAR Thunder 2003:

NASCAR 08:

NASCAR Racing 2003 Season:

rFactor:

Meh, detail isn't everything, it doesn't look physically possible in '11, I think NT2003 would have the best damage model if everything didn't burst into flames, similar with rFactor, except cars randomly spray metal like a popped balloon in that game.

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
NASCAR 2011:

NASCAR Thunder 2003:

NASCAR 08:

NASCAR Racing 2003 Season:

rFactor:

Meh, detail isn't everything, it doesn't look physically possible in '11, I think NT2003 would have the best damage model if everything didn't burst into flames, similar with rFactor, except cars randomly spray metal like a popped balloon in that game.
TBH, aside from the god-awful representation of the front of the car, the damage from behind the front wheel on back is better than the rest of the pictures. They still have a lot of work to do on the front though.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
But there are no front fenders and the hood is still in place .
Well because it's not a Prototype racer where the fenders, nose & hood are all one. There is not one thing unrealistic about the hood being in place but no fenders or nose cover.

no sparks from the rim,
None that you can see, also it wouldn't necessarily spark just because there is no tire on the rim. Depends on speed of movement, depends on how the rim is contacting the ground, depends if the rim is moving or not.

and the smoke looks like it's from Chase for the Cup 2005.
It's kinda hard to judge that based off of a cellphone pic that's taken off-angle of an LCD display, don't ya think?

Not to mention even though with that unrealistic damage the car is still moving.
I've seen real cars with worse damage then that drive back to pits/garage before, it's really not that uncommon. You don't have to go to the Med Center that way ;) . Also we don't know what kind of damage the car had before the tire went, the front could have been gone already much like damaged cars come back on the track, and then he ran over debris and got a flat tire, etc.....

Remember people used to say that the flips that EA had where you could flip land on your wheels and keep going were unrealistic too... But we all know that's not the case.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etf16s1Y06U]YouTube - 2005 Craftsman Truck Series. Rick Crawford Flips at Daytona.[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-WWmGzQ9SU]YouTube - 2005 Truck Series Daytona Chad Chaffin Flip[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17kscxvV0qM]YouTube - 1997 Daytona 500 Part 15 (Earnhardt Crash)[/ame]

People said ya couldn't flip at the shorter tracks in real life.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1f_dFy4AE]YouTube - 2009 NNS at Nashville Joe Nemecheck Flip![/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uyaisyTZL0]YouTube - Bob Keselowski Flips His Truck At I-70 1996[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFR6Duy14uk]YouTube - Ryan McGlynn Flips At Evergreen 2000[/ame]

A lot of this stuff may seem "Unrealistic" but it does and can happen.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Why...is Danica in there?
Because Robby Gordon didn't want to be in the game.
Because NASCAR wanted her in there.
Because she's planning on attempting a Cup race before the end of the year (shhhh its a secret)
Maybe it's a create-a-car
It's just your imagination
Maybe Kevin Conway is the new GoDaddy girl

Take your pick.... l0l

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Because Robby Gordon didn't want to be in the game.
Because NASCAR wanted her in there.
Because she's planning on attempting a Cup race before the end of the year (shhhh its a secret)
Maybe it's a create-a-car
It's just your imagination
Maybe Kevin Conway is the new GoDaddy girl

Take your pick.... l0l
I'll take the create-a-car theory. Robby better be in the game dangit! :arghh:

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'll take the create-a-car theory. Robby better be in the game dangit! :arghh:
Errrrng (that's supposed to be one of those gameshow buzzer sounds)... Wrong answer.

Robby will not be in the game so they put Danica in the #7 car as a Cup car. Jennifer Jo Cobb is also in the game as a Cup driver.

Mike24

Retired
SRD Member
Reaction score
Her being in there is all about marketing...:no:

Robby better be in the game, though...

Also, are these definitely the cars that will be released?

I know with NR2k3, they released it in Feb. 2003, but had all of the 2003 cars in it.

Any chance these are placeholders until all of the 2011 schemes are released? With a big company with paid employees like that, it wouldn't take too too long to make all of the 2011 schemes, once everything is finalized over Dec/early Jan...

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Her being in there is all about marketing...:no:

Robby better be in the game, though...

Also, are these definitely the cars that will be released?

I know with NR2k3, they released it in Feb. 2003, but had all of the 2003 cars in it.

Any chance these are placeholders until all of the 2011 schemes are released? With a big company with paid employees like that, it wouldn't take too too long to make all of the 2011 schemes, once everything is finalized over Dec/early Jan...
Big company? They have like 200 people spread out across 4 studios working on at least 2 games.

Game will ship with 2010 cars, 2011 cars will be patched in via DLC sometime during the season (personally I hope they take the same route as Capcom did with MotoGP 09/10... The game shipped with 2009 stuff and had two free DLC packs that contained the 2010 riders/liveries & tracks).

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Errrrng (that's supposed to be one of those gameshow buzzer sounds)... Wrong answer.

Robby will not be in the game so they put Danica in the #7 car as a Cup car. Jennifer Jo Cobb is also in the game as a Cup driver.
What!? Do these people know which drivers are where?

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
What!? Do these people know which drivers are where?
Does Robby Gordon (and every other driver/team who has ever refused to be in a video game) know the exposure that being in a video game can get him?

Apparently not.

Mike24

Retired
SRD Member
Reaction score
Big company? They have like 200 people spread out across 4 studios working on at least 2 games.

Game will ship with 2010 cars, 2011 cars will be patched in via DLC sometime during the season (personally I hope they take the same route as Capcom did with MotoGP 09/10... The game shipped with 2009 stuff and had two free DLC packs that contained the 2010 riders/liveries & tracks).

Yes...comparatively.

200 full-time, paid employees should have more than enough time to make 40-50 paints in 2 months. I bet if the crew at SRD had nothing but painting to do in 2 months, they could get it done, and the number of staffers we have here is far less.

I'm just saying...Papy did it.

flyersfan4888

That GNS Car dude.
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't know...i still firmly believe that this will be 4x better than anything POS EA could have put out.

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yes...comparatively.

200 full-time, paid employees should have more than enough time to make 40-50 paints in 2 months. I bet if the crew at SRD had nothing but painting to do in 2 months, they could get it done, and the number of staffers we have here is far less.

I'm just saying...Papy did it.
Definitely doable...I could easily crank out 4-5 schemes in a single day.

But yeah...that damage modeling is no better than games from years past.

RR1292

SRD Member
Reaction score
Definitely doable...I could easily crank out 4-5 schemes in a single day.

But yeah...that damage modeling is no better than games from years past.
You're kidding right? :confused:

I have NEVER seen an EA (or any other NASCAR game for that matter besides iRacing) NASCAR game that will show you the braces/roll bars (w/e they're called) in the engine bay. Yeah I've seen fenders get ripped off, but this game is WAAAYYYY better than anything I have played (damage wise). Also, show me a NASCAR game that will bend the rims away from the fender and lose the rubber on the tire (not including EA's Chase for the Cup 2005 b/c that was the last good NASCAR game by EA lol)
Also, you guys should really stop bashing/criticizing the game developers b/c the game hasn't even been released yet!! We still have 4 more months to wait for this game, and that is plenty of time for the developers to fix ANY, if not all issues with the game. So I say, just be patient and wait for more info (b/c right now that is even scarce), videos, and screenshots before you start judging. Patient is a virtue.

This is just my $0.02 and it was no way intended to start an argument. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.