Danica gets the 36's points. Blaney forced to qualify on time...

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by Mike24, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike24

Mike24 New Member

From Jayski...

My first though...WFH? Seriously?!? Blaney and TBR did all that work to lock into the top 35 for 2012, and now the 10 gets a free pass. Not happy.

1 person likes this.
  2. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

Tommy Baldwin Racing is taking a huge risk with this move. All that work to finish 33rd in owner points, now it's gone.

3. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 When Food Fights Back Staff Member

I feel bad for Blaney. While excited for Reuti. I just wish Tony would have sent the #14 points to the 10, since he would have locked in on the Champions provisional.

Not a smart move by TBR, but this was most likely a "put Reuti in the #10 and we'll give you Blaney's points" type deal it sounds like.

1 person likes this.
  4. hijinxtattoo

hijinxtattoo asleep at the wheel

Via TBRs facebook- "Not everything you read is true my friends. I was born at night but not last night."

1 person likes this.
  5. SimDesigners

SimDesigners Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's a nice dollar amount tied to this for TBR and Blaney- so I really can't blame them for this move.

6. aflac99

aflac99 Member

Exactly, don't think Tommy will take the deal, but we will see.

7. Stetara

Stetara New Member

Rhetorical Question: Why does Patrick need points to be locked into the race when it's plain to see from Testing that she's fast enough to make it in on her own? (Answer: Pressure from television, the tracks, and NASCAR itself not to leave that stone unturned)

I could really give less of a hoot either way. If it helps TBR, then good.

1 person likes this.
  8. dejaentendu7

dejaentendu7 Active Member

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing here.

9. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

She has a chance of wrecking in the qualifying race.

IF this is true I'm sure it will end up being great for TBR or Tommy wouldn't do it!

10. Chevellion

Chevellion Deutschland ueber Alles

I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike Danica any more than I already do.

I was wrong.

10 people like this.
  11. Stetara

Stetara New Member

I don't even think she'd need to transfer in through the 150s. She'd be fast enough to lock-in on Pole Day.

Nevertheless, it's not Patrick's fault that SHR is trying to get points for her. If you want someone to blame, blame the external parties that are pushing for it. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

2 people like this.
  12. amidst tundra

amidst tundra New Member

Do you dislike David Reutimann any more? Seeing as he will benefit from this also.

13. SimDesigners

SimDesigners Well-Known Member

Bear with me, but I'm really going to go out on a limb here- but I think its plausible.

My guess is, they have some sort of clause with GoDaddy that the car WILL be in the Daytona 500 and very stiff penalties if it isn't. As in, penalties that make points buying look cheap. With all of the money GoDaddy has into Patrick, they can demand that exposure and that performance. So the best way to keep everyone assured of Patrick in the 500 is to work out a deal. Thus the TBR rumor.

1 person likes this.
  14. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 When Food Fights Back Staff Member

^THIS.

Hating on her because SHR and TBR might have worked out a deal is just showing that you're a hater and will find any excuse to hate on her. Seriously, cut the crap, it isnt her fault.

Please excuse my overuse of the word "hate" in this post...lol

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  15. Frigus5

Frigus5 Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean

I foresee Danica quickly losing these points due to an average finish of 39th.

That's just my inner Danica hate coming out. To be honest, I'm tired of Danica being handed everything. She isn't working for anything at all. All she has ever done was lead some laps in the Indy 500 and win a race in Motegi on fuel mileage. Hey, if that's all you have to do to get everything handed to you, I might as well get a sex change and go be mediocre on the track and just lead some laps.

To sum this up: Danica's entire NASCAR endeavor is just being handed to her. When there are plenty of talented drivers, raised in stock cars and on ovals that have to work to get where they are. It really bugs me when I see this.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
    4 people like this.
  16. PepsiRacer4

PepsiRacer4 The One and Only

This, I don't "hate" Danica but when you screw out a driver who's worked his butt off to get there just to give it to someone who's not completing whole season? I'm gonna be pissed if Blaney gets screwed over because of this.

1 person likes this.
  17. Carl Robinson

Carl Robinson You wish you could this sexy.

The absolute least they couldve done. Was Put Rueti in SHR equipment not TBR.

18. hijinxtattoo

hijinxtattoo asleep at the wheel

I am to busy to really debate your post but thats a narrow minded post my friend. Cant call some mediocre when they havnt been out on the track (sprint cup which is the current topic). People hate on Danica for all the wrong reasons.

19. Carl Robinson

Carl Robinson You wish you could this sexy.

Then again he did say how in her what 6-7 year tenur at indy car shes lead a handful of laps at indy and won. A fuel milage race at twin ring?

1 person likes this.
  20. Frigus5

Frigus5 Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean

She's never really done anything to begin with. She started out in Toyota Atlantics and didn't do much there. Then Bobby Rahal put her in an IndyCar seat and she impressed a lot of people. Outside of her rookie year, she hardly did anything spectacular.

Then she comes to NASCAR with her name and her sponsor. Suddenly owners jump on her and offer her contracts to drive for their team. Then she decides, 'Hmmm, I think I'll leave IndyCar because I'm not good at road racing (Which she started out on, mind you) and go full time to NASCAR. She has hardly had enough time to develop as a stock car driver and already she is going to Cup.

It's basically Kevin Conway: Female Version with a little more talent and more of a racing background. That's all it is really.

I don't see how that's narrow minded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.