1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

David Cater Memorial

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by Bobby Childs Jr, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Bobby Childs Jr

Bobby Childs Jr Well-Known Member

Hello all - it's been an extremely long time since I posted here. I'm looking for assistance finding some old paints.

Some of you may or may not know who David Cater was, or his importance to the sim racing community - but there will be a race run in his honor on iRacing next Wednesday December 19th. I raced with him at the old FSReal Racing League back in 2006, and he ran a Wendy's paint that was so sharp and clean I felt compelled to ask him how he did it. He didn't teach me Photoshop, but he shared his philosophy for painting with me - and it has continued to touch everything I have ever done with design in sim racing.

I'm holding out hope one of you who has been racing for a long time will have a car file, or tga, or render that will help me reproduce this scheme to run in his honor.

For those of you interested or who knew David, the race is likely being broadcast by GSRC and entry information can be found on the iRacing forums, with all fees going to support the family. If you want to help support his family directly in this trying time, a GoFundMe is set up here: https://www.gofundme.com/zqas4-david-cater-funeral

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  2. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series