1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Direct X 8 to 9 dll has been updated to v1.10.0 today (d3d8.dll)

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Mystical, Dec 18, 2019.

1. RED84Cf

RED84Cf Member

Darren Ingram, just a shot in the dark here could it be a DEP problem with the one machine? Disable DEP in the control panel. When Windows 10 updates itself it turns DEP back on. Just a thought.

2. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

I should also mention that I'm on Windows 7. Not sure if that is a factor either.

3. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Well-Known Member

Yup, that was one of the first things I tested. Back when I was troubleshooting it hard, I did a full wipe of Windows, clean install of the game, etc., everything from step zero. Didn't work.

4. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Well-Known Member Banned

Works perfectly for me, the only thing I ever get below 50 FPS is full field views on front and backstretches with the TV and Spectator cams with the MENCS19 mod and even then it's not by much.

On the topic of a recompile of the game, I know we've discussed similar things to hell and back here, but YES. I'd be all for that if it were at all possible.

5. TChapman500

TChapman500 Well-Known Member

I have a 130 MB assembly file of the game.

On the original topic, I haven't noticed any differences yet. And the game still crashes when I Alt+Tab out of it and then back into it.

EarnhardtFan likes this.
  6. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread Banned

IDK if you've already tried this, but running in windowed mode solves the Alt-Tab crashing issue

7. ERS

ERS Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update news.

Question. I installed the directx update. No It allows me to run the graphic intense newer tracks with 42 cars drawn ahead. Averaging about 50FPS. But, now I'm maxed out at 71 FPS on the lesser intense tracks, ie. original install Atlanta. Before the update I would max out in the 140's FPS. Almost like I have vsync on. I have not made any adjustments to my AMD card. My monitor refresh rate is 60. And for the person who had black cars, I have carmegashader set at zero in the player ini. , if not all the cars are black.

Also, since the directx update, I no longer have a "shine" on the rotating car in the "info" screen, or on track. All care are matte. Hope I've made sense. Both of these issues are a fine trade off just to be able to run the newer tracks, if need be. Thanks.

ERS

J.R.Franklin likes this.
  8. J.R.Franklin

Thank you. Changing the CarMegaShader setting in the Player.ini from 1 to 0 solved the black car issue for me. I also found that I could check all of the boxes for the shadow effects without causing the cars to revert to being all black. HOWEVER, I also experienced the same results as you with the cars no longer having any shine or receiving any shadows from structures, other cars or into cockpit. Just having a matte finish with no highlights. So despite the nice increase in frame rates I enjoyed from adding the d3d.dll file, not having shadows, etc. on the cars is a deal breaker for me as it really decreases the realism and immersion factor. Hopefully the powers that be can find a fix for that, but in the meantime, it's a non-starter for me.

ERS likes this.
  9. ERS

ERS Well-Known Member

What about your frame rates? Besides the increase are yours capped? I'm using windows 10 with AMD card. Thanks.

ERS

10. J.R.Franklin

I honestly didn't check. Also I'm on Windows 7 with an AMD card for what it's worth.

11. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Direct X 8 to 9 dll has been updated 2 more times since my last post. Didn't realize until randomly checking today. The latest version was updated just 3 days ago to version 1.11.0

https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases

I've not got a chance to try the new version yet but if the shadow issue still persists I will try and report the bug on their github. Since they seem to be updating is pretty frequently might as well see if its something they could fix.

12. EarnhardtFan

Shadows on cars still don't work but it's no longer capped to 60 FPS

13. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Interesting you were capped at 60, mine with the dll was always getting like 120-140 on non-intensive section of tracks. But that is good you noticed a performance increase, there might have been other changes too.

Guess I will file a bug on their github and see if its something they could look into, if the shadow bug gets fixed that would be awesome.

J.R.Franklin likes this.
  14. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

ERS and RacerXero84 like this.
  15. ERS

ERS Well-Known Member

This update took care of my FPS capping at 70. Out of curiosity, along with the shadows issue, are you getting the "shine" on the cars in "Player info" screen? I lost the shine when I installed the original DX 8 to 9 file and it's still missing with the update.

But, not complaining because I can now race the more graphic intense modern versions of the tracks. Thanks.

ERS

16. andy88

andy88 Well-Known Member

In the Graphics Options Screen make sure that Reflections on Cars is checked.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  17. ERS

ERS Well-Known Member

I have and it does nothing. Thanks though.

18. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

I have a d3d9.dll in my NR2003 folder from when I ran ReShade. It seems to give me a performance boost without the black car issue. It also doesn't seem to lower my framerate with sun glare enabled like the d3d8.dll. I have no idea if this is actually improving things or if it's an illusion.

19. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

You aren't the only one; does the same for me on my Windows 10/i7 8700K/RX 590/32GB DDR4 PC build.

Love how this is coming about; I had mentioned a long time ago that 3rd party plugins was the key to making this game the best it could be. Wish I had some programming knowledge, because I'd love to do a 3rd party plugin that auto alters the point structure, or a few other concepts I could think of. Wouldn't have to mess with the EXE, just intercepting and altering information sent to/from the RAM to alter data outcomes.

EarnhardtFan likes this.
  20. EarnhardtFan

I said something sort of in the same vein about a year and a half ago
    But I agree, plug-ins are definitely the future of this game, if I had the know-how I could think of a good handful of ones I'd make myself.