1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

DJ Harris Designs Showroom

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Tetronix, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

Hello fellow SRDers! Since Matt unwillingly unbanned the people who were (I was one of them as I overreacted to a mistake I made).

I was have been practicing my painting, getting better, loving every car I make and improving. Here I will be uploading cars I have made. I will be putting some up for download, and if you want a special car made for you, or a car up for download, just PM me. (y)

Now for the time you've been waiting for as you've read this, the cars!

#9 Minute Maid Ford Fusion (Gen6BR)

[​IMG]

CREDITS
    Wikipedia: Minute Maid logo and the Olympic Rings logo.
    Template: BER (I believe that's where I got it from, if I'm wrong, sorry)
    Number: SRD
    Contigs: Alan Harkleroad
    B-Pillar logos: Unknown (Sorry, I don't know as Andy added them before he rendered the car)
    Render: Andy1

And feel free to give constructive criticism and pointers! All feedback is welcome! Thanks for viewing my showroom!

2. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

It will be one year in three days from now, and I have decided to update this. I have definitely improved, and I downloaded Blender, so I can render my own cars now to my liking. Here is one that I just made, for an offline league I am doing. I am taking constructive criticism in hopes that I can get better.

CREDITS
    Logos: Masgrafx, Google Images, Red Bull logo came from my stash of brand logos, so I can't remember who made it.
    Template: BER
    Number: BER
    Contigs: Either Alan Harkleroad or BER
    Render: Me
    DeJong.jpg

3. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

I don't know why, but windshield and tires keep coming out pink. If anyone can help me out, that'd be great.

4. kb18fan

kb18fan Well-Known Member

I am still new to Blender myself, but I will try to help you out. My Blender program is installed in Computer-->C:-->Program Files-->Blender Foundation-->Blender. Under Blender, I created a new folder named Nascar Renders. Here is where I put the scenes and .bmp files downloaded from martsol here at SRD. They should all have the .blend or .bmp extension. I don't think I am allowed to post a link yet, so my suggestion is to check out the "Blender BR Gen6 Render Test" thread. All that you need is in there. If files are put in the proper place, the windows, tires, and chassis should show up. I hope this helps.

5. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

Okay thanks dude. Will check it out.

6. TColeman12

TColeman12 #BMR19Team

Nice car @Tetronix.
    That pink actually looks pretty cool.

7. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

I know @HMS88. It's annoying though when you want realism. lol.

TColeman12 likes this.
  8. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

To steal a quote from "A Christmas Story", that looks like a pink nightmare!

In all seriousness, good job on this scheme. Since you asked for constructive criticism I'll give you some. First, add some small logos on the B-pillar and down by the rear wheel wells. It always makes a scheme look more complete. Overall, tremendous improvement from the first scheme you posted above.

9. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

Thank you, @labontefanboy. This scheme was actually used in Paint.NET, since my version of Photoshop is Elements is potato, I ended up using the line tool and took the side design from a car I painted and use in RACE 07, and I was amazed on how well it transitioned.

As for the render problem I have figured out half of my problem. Solve one problem and another pops up. I have got the windshield and tire problem fixed, but now on the front bumper on the contingencies in front of the fender is a black shape, and I don't have photos of it yet, but will try and get some tomorrow (I am on my iPad) of the issue.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that parts of the lines don't match up the slightest bit, but it is hardly noticeable. For the b-pillars and such, I will go back and fix that. I know how to do that, but is something I have never done from day 1 and I am trying to curb that habit, as well as the corporate sponsors behind the number. That is a good idea.

Thanks for the criticism and I will do that in the future of my painting career.

10. SpiderTre

SpiderTre #SHALIEVE

pink tinted windows would look cool for October lol

Tetronix likes this.
  11. kb18fan

I just wanted to add to what I said earlier. I think the NAPA car is a great scheme. You did a great job with it. If it were mine, I would do a less on the red trim and do away with the white on the hood. Great job with this car!

12. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

I know! Lol. Too bad there is no physical way to do that in NR2003. :p

13. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

I know right lol.

I was thinking about it, and I will probably going to edit the racing stripe from the red and yellow/orange to just the yellow/orange colour. I'll re-render it.

14. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

I hate bumping threads, but I got my render fixed, so here is the legit product. *NOTE*: I changed the red racing line stripe to the yellow/orange one to match, and not get caught up in the trim. Here it is!
    DeJong.jpg

Andrew Hayes and Jericohol89 like this.
  15. kb18fan

Great looking car!!

16. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

17. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

Okay, so I really don't know how familiar you guys are with RACE 07, but I have painted a few cars for the game and the league I am in with a few of my friends. Here is my third paint I made for the game, being first up in the showroom.

CREDITS:
    Template: SimBin
    Base - NDG (just converted over)
    Number: BER
    Harris font - 11rowsofthree on NNR, for the 2014 name banner template

Harris42NikkoLeft.jpg
    Harris42NikkoRight.jpg
    Harris42NikkoNose.jpg
    Harris42NikkoRear.jpg

18. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

Okay, so since I had time last night, I decided to make Brian Scott or whoever's #33 car from Atlanta with the Pilot logo and such slapped on it, since I thought it was a different-looking scheme. Excuse the poorly finished render, as I had to stop it when it was still rendering. The hood design seemed to be a tad off when rendering. I believe it looks fine in-game. Will release the car later today.

CREDITS:
    Template - BER
    Base - Me
    Number - My inventory (Cannot remember who made it, but they were from SRD)
    Poorly-Made Render - Myself

Annett33Render.png

Andrew Hayes and kb18fan like this.
  19. games123

games123 CHARGE!

I guess you are not going to do the race version, and just the practice version?

[​IMG]

20. kb18fan