1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Do we need more tutorials?

Discussion in 'Basic PSP Help</br> and Navigation' started by Alan Harkleroad, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Admin

Topic title says it all? Do we need more tutorials and if so what do you want to learn?

Input required in order to make them, I dont read minds.

2. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator

Yes, suggestions? How about a glossary for noobs and some less than in the know old dogs?

2 people like this.
  3. SAL

SAL Well-Known Member

Maybe some quick-key shortcuts for frequently used stuff (i.e scaling, selecting, rotating). So far your tutorials have been great! I have watched the number making so many times I can almost repeat everything...even the singing! Thank You Alan!!

1 person likes this.
  4. Checker_MC

Checker_MC Well-Known Member

I don't know if that would make sense but a template on how to convert a psd template to a pspimage template would be nice. I can covert templates but I'm pretty sure my way is much more complicated than it could be.

1 person likes this.
  5. Alan Harkleroad

How detailed do you want the template conversion to be? Are you talking from Layered PSD file to Grouped PSP?

6. Checker_MC

Layered PSD to Layered PSP. You know the issue in psp when you try to open a psd template and get a message saying something like "This file contains unsupported features" (or something like that, my message is in German ;-) ) and just opens all layers merged or only shows the wireframe or whatever?

I get that on Lisa48's Chevy SS template for example.

Concerning the details... If you do that, you decide how detailled it is. ;-)

7. Alan Harkleroad

The reason it does that is when a layer is in a setting that PSP doesnt understand such as Vivid Light. If you duplicate the chrome layer one in overlay and the other in Vivid Light it will merge the layers. So when importing a PS template to PSP its kind of a mixed results. A lot of creators of these temps like to leave the FX' settings in a soft mode and not rasterized/finalized. This also causes issues because PSP doesnt do things like PS with blending options.

There is no way that I am currently aware of for keeping items grouped in PSP from a grouped PS file. So it lists out all the files if there are no issues with the group tags. You have to regroup them in PSP.

1 person likes this.
  8. Checker_MC

Thanks Alan. At least I know now I tried it all. ;)

Alan Harkleroad likes this.
  9. fullerracing29

fullerracing29 Well-Known Member

i just switched to paint shop pro from gimp and am still learnin but i can not figure out how to get a base scheme into a templete, can someone help me out

10. bassman58

bassman58 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.