1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

EarnhardtFan's Garage

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by EarnhardtFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

I've been toying with the idea of creating a showroom here for a while so I figured I'd finally bite the bullet and share some of my stuff. This thread will contain a few schemes I've done over the past 5 and a half years along with my most recent schemes. These will (mostly) be in chronological order and I'll put a few more older ones in later posts so I won't have twenty pictures in a single post.

2012412183523.jpg
    #00 Pokemon Black 2/Gamestop Chevy (December 2012), Temp/Contigs - Bullring, Logos - Bulbapedia and Google, Number - Masgrafx (I believe)

201318318378.jpg
    #1 Bugs Bunny/WB Chevy (March 2013) (Some of you may remember this set)
    Temp - Italo, Logos - Google, Bugs Bunny images - Heywood and Google, Number and signature - me using fonts from Dafont, Render - Ten0rs

1_Render 1.jpg
    #1 Buck Commander Chevy (July 2014 according to the render request thread)
    Uhhhh I never posted credits in said thread so I'm gonna do my best to guess. Logos - Google/Wikipedia, Temp - Italo, Number - Mas RCR set, Base - NDG (now SDG), Render - Andy1

(A bit of a gap since I didn't do much except for personals for a couple years)
    [​IMG]
    2016 Kyle Larson/Casey Mears Throwback (August 2016)
    Temp and Number - BER, Logos - Google and Wikipedia, Contingencies - Alan, Base - Me, Render - nj9703

[​IMG]
    #16 Dr. Pepper 1988 Monte Carlo (Feb/March 2018)
    Template and contingencies: DMR, Logos: google, Signature, base, and number (Creampuff font with heavy modifications): me, Render: TMS

[​IMG]
    2018 Aric Almirola Mobile 1 Pinty's Series Fic (Late June 2018)
    Temp: SnG, Contingencies: SnG, edited by me, New Pinty's series logo from Google, C-Pillar logos: Fosterick, Logos: Google, Number: BER, Base: Me, Signature: John Gamboa, Render: Carbine

Feedback appreciated :) If anyone wants any d/l links or anything let me know.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  2. EarnhardtFan

Expect quite a few Cup/NXS/Truck-to-Pinty schemes from me over the summer. I'm really having fun painting on this mod and I may even throw in a few retro schemes :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  3. EarnhardtFan

Here's a newer version of the Almirola car, added some decals, fixed the signature height, added the flag next to the signatures, made the curve on the back more accurate, and bumped up the stroke a bit and removed the valence color. Same credits
    [​IMG]
    http://www.nnracing.com/filelibrary.asp?fileid=81048

joeykraus19 and USSTalladega like this.
  4. EarnhardtFan

WIP
    Desktop Screenshot 2018.07.02 - 16.56.59.60.jpg

joeykraus19 likes this.
  5. joeykraus19

joeykraus19 Well-Known Member

Jr MLB All-Star throwback?

6. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

upload_2018-7-3_0-29-8.png

7. joeykraus19

joeykraus19 Well-Known Member

8. EarnhardtFan

Progress shot: added a majority of the major logos, still have the b-pillar, the QPs, the decklid, rear, a couple other logos, and the signatures left
    [​IMG]

9. EarnhardtFan

While I'm waiting for the above car to get rendered I thought I'd share a couple oldies I found on my old laptop a few days ago
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    According to the file dates they were both made on May 9th, 2014, and I'm pretty sure these were the two most recent cars for my Looney Tunes set and the latter of the 4 I never released. Credits are the same as the Bugs Bunny car I think except the renders are from TMS.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  10. EarnhardtFan

Kasey Kahne's 2008 Bud/Lifelock Dodge for the new Pinty's mod
    Credits: Temp: SnG with some edits, Contingencies: SnG, edited by me, New Pinty's series logo from Google, Logos: Google, some with rather heavy editing by me, Number: BER, "Base": Me, Signature: Google, Render: Carbine
    [​IMG]
    http://www.nnracing.com/filelibrary.asp?fileid=81065

11. EarnhardtFan

I think for my next Cup-to-Pinty's scheme I'm going to do McMurray's black and red Texaco/Havoline car that he raced in '04-'05 and Mears raced in '06. Not going for a specific year sponsor-wise but more just the overall design. I might also include the one race '03 version where the only difference was a couple strokes on the numbers.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  12. EarnhardtFan

[​IMG]
    WIP. I really like how this is coming along, also thanks to @burtonbraves for the Texaco-Ganassi logo.

13. EarnhardtFan

This will likely be finished and possibly rendered and released tomorrow, I only have the B-Pllars and no more than 6 other logos to find and put on the car. I think I’m going to do Sadler’s ‘09 Best Buy car next and maybe an underfunded car as a small buffer before I get the 19 finished.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  14. EarnhardtFan

Sorry this didn't go as planned guys, my motivation just tanked this past week and I didn't feel like doing any Photoshop work for more than like 5 minutes at a time. I'm working through it though and this should be done by Saturday barring that happening again.

pomcat likes this.
  15. EarnhardtFan

Finally got it done
    '04/05 Version:
    [​IMG]
    Bristol '03 Version:
    [​IMG]
    Credits: Temp: SnG with some edits, Contingencies: SnG, edited by me, New Pinty's series logo from Google, Logos: Google, Stunod, Signature: Me, Texaco-Ganassi logo: BurtonBraves, Render: Garrett1127
    http://www.nnracing.com/filelibrary.asp?fileid=81123

16. EarnhardtFan

ObviousTeaser.jpg
    [​IMG]

joeykraus19 and USSTalladega like this.
  17. EarnhardtFan

[​IMG]
    I absolutely love how this looks, just the smaller logos, B-Pillars, Decklid, and maybe the driver suit left if I feel like adding that.

18. EarnhardtFan

Dale Jr.'s classic car he ran from '03-'07 (I have no idea what exact year the car I used as reference was from) Also excuse the half-assed driver suit.
    Credits: Temp/contigs: SnG, Base: Me, Numbers: BER, Logos: Google, TeamSBR, Alan, various vector sites, Sig: Google, Render: Garrett.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.nnracing.com/filelibrary.asp?fileid=81129

19. EarnhardtFan

20. EarnhardtFan

A few things:
    1. I'm sort of stuck between doing the rest of the DEI cars, Rusty's 2001-2004 scheme probably on a Dodge, or no/one-sponsor back-markers.
    2. If anyone is curious about my ratings system, I pick the driver's five best seasons in terms of wins, if there's a tie for the fifth season/less than 5 seasons with a win I pick by average finish.
    3. In case you couldn't tell, I like Dodge :p