Elite Paint Designs + DMR

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by artofspeed, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artofspeed

artofspeed New Member

I have a question that needs answering. I know that in the past EPD has done paints for just the BR mods. But now they are doing paints for the DMR 2011 mod and they did paints for all of the cars in the Bud Shootout and all of the cars for Phoenix. Are they still going to do BR paints or have they been banned with the rest of the DMR stuff?
  2. David24

David24 Well-Known Member

They didn't want to paint for Bullring.
  3. Ryan597

Ryan597 Well-Known Member

The next BR2011 update will be in late summer:( because they're now working on the DMR mod (which is more time consuming), the BR2011 templates are hard to paint on, and no one want's to paint Bullring any more even though it's more popular than the DMR mod. I'll really miss EPD's Bullring cars, so now my only 2 sites for cars are NNRacing and SRD.
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  4. PepsiRacer4

PepsiRacer4 The One and Only

So what? You've got SRD and NNRacing for those cars. Let EPD be.
    1 person likes this.
  5. FoolsLove

FoolsLove New Member

From what I gather the two mods are just about as popular, if not more for DMR.
  6. Finishline

Finishline New Member

You have no idea.
  7. artofspeed

artofspeed New Member

So i test the DMR mod after reading everyone's comments and i downloaded one of the temps. unfortuately, i have to say that the DMR mod, i think, beats the BR2011 hands,but not by much. DMR did a bang up job on the inside. I was reminded of when i raced a cup car around Charlotte(Lowe's at the time). Outside, they are about the same, but i think for cup cars, DMR has captured the flag once again, although for those of us that can't wait for the Nationwide mod, i would recommend the BR2011 because my Challenger and Mustang temps look better than the DMR ones. And finally the temp looked to be a LOT easier to paint or for any skill level. that being said though, I've always like the BR/SS.net mods because they had more of a following. Plus i hate how they made two version at DMR just to put the braces for the Plate races. Sounds to me some one(s) was a little cocky over there.
  8. Carl Robinson

Carl Robinson You wish you could this sexy.

Sorry I blew up I didnt mean to you did nothing wrong and I apologize
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  9. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Read it again.
  10. taz1458

taz1458 3-Time Champ! Go ~smoke!

Home page:
    For God's sake Carl. He compared them and gave his OPINION. Last I checked you were still allowed to do that. Nothing wrong with giving your opinion on a mod IMO.
    5 people like this.
  11. artofspeed

artofspeed New Member

hey no prob carl. they must've deleted that post cause i don't see it. anyway, since i've got everyones attention with this thread :), does anyone know how to use the BR2011 carviewer or any carviewer other than the original cup viewer? i had the BR one and couldn't get it to work.
  12. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

When you open carviewer go to "file" then "open direct x mesh" find the .x file you want (they should be in the carviewer files you downloaded for BR2011) hit "open". The paint scheme you want to open up needs to be named "card.bmp". You can put the "card.bmp" in the carviewer folder where the default card.bmp is or you can go into carviwer then "file" "open texture" find the card.bmp and click "open". Hope this helps if it doesn't just let me know what part you are stuck on and I will try to explain it better.
  13. RP Motorsports

RP Motorsports Well-Known Member

Home page:
    Have you seen mine? ;)

-Ryan
  14. datsyukfan

datsyukfan New Member

Idk but I hope that they haven't banned them that would just suck!
  15. Mo Neenja31

Mo Neenja31 Rocketman Banned

Here's my opionion on the two mods:
    DMR Cup11s- Great for crash comps because of the damage, this mod is a frame killer.
    BRCup 2011- Great mod because the noses of the body don't look all squeezed together and great frames.
  16. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Veteran Pixel Painter since 2009! Staff Member

I will submit this from my post on EPD.

" For 2011 we (AS IN THE ENTIRE SIM PAINTING COMMUNITY) started behind a curve. There were 2 mods in the works both were not ready for the Daytona 500 timeline. Both teams developing gave it there best effort and released them when they felt they had a product that was ready to share.

Painters had to relearn template layouts for the two new mods, new templates had to be fine tuned. And then work could begin.

3 Teams took part in the creation of the BR2011 Carset (SRD/EPD/SBR) and a 6 man team created the Carset that came with the Cup11s when it was released. The 11ss version didnt release until the 1st week of April due to server technical problems. Once all the efforts of collaboration was complete BR11 sites went there separate ways, and when the 11s mod released people were given a choice to choose which they preferred to paint and support. There is a nice split of support for both mods at the various sites."

Now I am in a unique position as I painted for both mods before both were released to the public. My personal preference is DMR 11s. The templates are better in their layout and the lack of chopping that forces you to cut logos into several pieces and warping. Some of that can be mitigated on BR11 in 2048 format as I have seen and read. Both templates pose their own challenges. The artists have a choice, and since they aren't getting paid its just that their choice as to whom and what they are going to paint and support. Again thats my opinion.

Frame rate wise I haven't run into any issues with the DMR mod, they are about the same to me when you compare DMR11s/ss LoRes to BR11. I think it comes down to your PC speks, settings and how you have things set up. I know I made a few new adjustments I didn't have tweaked from 2010 with the BR Spoiler mod and things improved about 20 more FPS for me on every mod and allowed me to increase details even.

I am confused as to why you came here to SRD to complain about our decision at EPD. Why didnt you come ask us? We already answered the question. We will be supporting BR11 and 11s. 11s being the primary, BR11 the secondary. Working on another group that will handle the BR11 stuff.

Cars are honestly available for both in abundance if you take the time to look. There are other places like SBR, RR Inc, etc besides SRD, NNR, EPD etc. There are a lot of painters supporting both mods and some just one. Either way I would say there is a fair amount of support for both. This is definitely a slow start for everyone in the community because of the above mentioned quote from and earlier post I made.

I think some of the people are looking for a quicker turn out for cars and trucks like last year from many sites and thats not possible this year because of the late start due to late delivery on the mods. In addition SRD is working on the NWS mod in house, DMR is working on NWS and Dirt 55, and many others are just taking there time and playing catch up. You guys have to be patient with everyone in the community. There are only so many people with only so much free time doing something for free for you.

Its really just ungrateful to complain at this point when people made these 2 new mods for your use this year, and the artists are working on more new cars, trucks, tracks etc all the time.
    10 people like this.
  17. Jason Roush

Jason Roush Well-Known Member

And this thread is getting off course as well ;)
    3 people like this.
  18. David24

David24 Well-Known Member

I'll take back my first post. I was mistaken that EPD wasn't painting any BR cars.

It's also rather annoying to see in threads that you post your cars in people asking when they are going to be released. "How long does it take for an update to be online" and "what time should the cars be up tonight" are some of the many comments I've seen that irk me.
    3 people like this.
  19. artofspeed

artofspeed New Member

Alan, i'm sorry if it sounded like i was complaining, I just wanted to know which direction you guys at EPD were heading. I believe that EPD was and still is one of the best places to get paints for Bullring mod,Nationwide mod(old car) and the trucks. I have gotten ALL of my paints from EPD and will continue to do so. As for the bit about your forum, all I have so say......EPD has a forum?:)
    To Ryan, yes i've seen your temps. I'm sure you had as much fun doing yours as I had doing mine.
    And to all the painters, both BR2011 and DMR11; Thank you for all you do and the work you put in, even when the mod creators decide to mess with you guys ;)
    2 people like this.
  20. Mydnyte

Mydnyte New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.